• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Showcase + Starfield Direct - Most Successful Show in Xbox History - 92 Million Views

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
giphy.gif
Hot Girl Dance GIF by Megan Thee Stallion

Salz01

Ah just looking at the you tube counts, it don’t add up… just the direct 4k one has like just 3.2 Mill….

If ABK closes just imagine the fucking showcases Xbox will have then.

It was one of the best showcase anyone has done in a long time, and they still have games like Perfect Dark, State of Decay 3, The Outer Worlds 2, Indiana Jones, New id game, new Wolfenstien, new Zenimax Online game, new Double Fine games etc etc etc.

Xbox has all the games.

It was a good show and this feels deserved.

Great news!

Undoubtedly helped by the completely trash and miserable Sony showcase.

Umbasaborne

Banned
Well earned. Definitely feels like microsoft brought their a games ( no pun intended ) after years of misses. But after their barren 2022 release schedule and redfall, they had to. I’ll still give microsoft shit until they get their release cadence going, but this showcase says to me that they are on the right track….except for that sneaky not gameplay fable “gameplay”.

I hope sony sees this, and the positive reaction to the last nintendo direct, and decides to bring some worthwhile reveals to their next event, though these days jim ryan doesnt seem to want people to get excited about playstation

Last edited:
Millions of people are going to be disappointed when this game is just the standard Bethsoft open world whatever with space crabs or whatever this time.

I look forward to buying it with all the DLC for a tenner in a couple of years time. I'll install a mod so that i can play as Hatsune Miku wielding a dildo-katana and then lose interest after a couple of hours of spelunking identikit space caves and never touch the game again.

A true classic.

Hudo

Millions of people are going to be disappointed when this game is just the standard Bethsoft open world whatever with space crabs or whatever this time.

I look forward to buying it with all the DLC for a tenner in a couple of years time. I'll install a mod so that i can play as Hatsune Miku wielding a dildo-katana and then lose interest after a couple of hours of spelunking identikit space caves and never touch the game again.

A true classic.
Look, man. I just want to glass (or destroy) a planet. As long as there is a quest where I can do that for the lulz, I am getting my money's worth as far as I am concerned.

Stuart360

In a way its a bit of a shame the game is on Gamepass because it would of been quite interesting to see how one of these 'event' games would sell just on Xbox and PC.

Myself i'm buying it on Steam anyway, even though i have Gamepass.

kirby007

i never know what to do with these metrics, views=sales? being on game pass means there are no sales anyway

Fredrik

In a way its a bit of a shame the game is on Gamepass because it would of been quite interesting to see how one of these 'event' games would sell just on Xbox and PC.

Myself i'm buying it on Steam anyway, even though i have Gamepass.
We might see the premium edition player numbers from the early access players, like we did with Forza Horizon 5 through the first achievement, those are real sales. FH5 had a couple million iirc, but that was on Xbox One too.

Same here anyway, Steam it is.

Last edited:

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member

LOL, that ship has sailed a long time ago, there is no going back from this model now, no matter how unsustainable EVERY publisher has said it is, including Kotick Under Oath.

A business model that is entirely founded on economic untruth, if it was built on a sustainable model it would at least be respectable.

Chukhopops

LOL, that ship has sailed a long time ago, there is no going back from this model now, no matter how unsustainable EVERY publisher has said it is, including Kotick Under Oath.

A business model that is entirely founded on economic untruth, if it was built on a sustainable model it would at least be respectable.
Holy moly it’s not even a spin at this point, it’s either brain damage or full dishonesty.

A true classic.
Didn’t you say you have GP in another post? Why buy it when you can be bored with it as part of your sub?

Stuart360

I'm not sure thats entirely true as Gamepass made over 2bil last year (or the year before, cant remember which), and people were estimating using known Gamepass payouts for games, and the Epic leaks, that MS probably spent in the 500-800mil range to run Gamepass that year and the provided games.
In fact it shut up the 'Gamepass is unsustainable' deadites on here up for a few months lol.

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member

A true classic.
cringe GIF

welcome to gaf?

Last edited:

Ozriel

M$FT

A true classic.

Now you’ve gotten all that off your chest, feel better?
Fight Club Hug GIF

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
It was for sure the best summer games showcase we have had in a long time, at least when compared to the other conferences that year.

I hope Starfield really turns out to be the big first domino in Xbox's new strategy. There's so much potential in all these studios they've acquired but we've only gotten glimmers of it so far.

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
I'm not sure thats entirely true as Gamepass made over 2bil last year (or the year before, cant remember which), and people were estimating using known Gamepass payouts for games, and the Epic leaks, that MS probably spent in the 500-800mil range to run Gamepass that year and the provided games.
In fact it shut up the 'Gamepass is unsustainable' deadites on here up for a few months lol.
How much profit did gamepass make? Absolute cook the book wizardry economics, that gamepass makes a profit for Microsoft. It simply is not sustainable.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

A true classic.
Jeff Goldblum What GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

FoxMcChief

Gold Member

A true classic.
Ehhh. I won’t feed the troll.

Last edited:
Top Bottom