• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Showcase + Starfield Direct - Most Successful Show in Xbox History - 92 Million Views

Brucey

I'm not sure thats entirely true as Gamepass made over 2bil last year (or the year before, cant remember which), and people were estimating using known Gamepass payouts for games, and the Epic leaks, that MS probably spent in the 500-800mil range to run Gamepass that year and the provided games.
In fact it shut up the 'Gamepass is unsustainable' deadites on here up for a few months lol.
Are you talking about the leak from a legal process in Brazil where Microsoft revealed they had a Gamepass revenue of $2.9 billion for 2021? Of course we have no idea on costs or actual profit/loss (operating income) for Gamepass or Xbox as a whole because MS doesn't release those numbers in such granularity. Only when combined with Windows OS sales.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Millions of people are going to be disappointed when this game is just the standard Bethsoft open world whatever with space crabs or whatever this time.

I look forward to buying it with all the DLC for a tenner in a couple of years time. I'll install a mod so that i can play as Hatsune Miku wielding a dildo-katana and then lose interest after a couple of hours of spelunking identikit space caves and never touch the game again.

A true classic.

d1884d10-4480-4c23-a607-1d0c0ee7a328_text.gif

Ozriel

M$FT
I hope ms Can manufacture 75 million consoles just in time for starfield’s release date. Since most people think its release is kind of the second coming of Jesus, it will be better than sex and it will also cure cancer. Because 90+ million views is fucking awesome.

Sarcastic Step Brothers GIF by reactionseditor

The Starfield presentation was extremely thorough and one of the best segments about an individual game I've seen. The show also had games of almost every style and size, it deserves the good viewership numbers.
You know what the Starfield presentation reminded me of? The cyberpunk2077 E3 presentation.
I’m not saying this game is going to be a disappointment, just that you can make a slick presentation of a game that hides all the game’s flaws easily.

Del_X

You know what the Starfield presentation reminded me of? The cyberpunk2077 E3 presentation.
I’m not saying this game is going to be a disappointment, just that you can make a slick presentation of a game that hides all the game’s flaws easily.
Cyberpunk literally showed a version that didn’t exist with features that would not ship.

I doubt that’s the case four months out from release for Starfield.

Dial back your juvenile console warrior tripe meant for twitter, or you won't be here long.
And none of 'em are gonna be playing on Xbawks! It's gone flawp and den they'll see da light and put in on mighy mighty PlayStation!!!!111

gary busey crazy person GIF

DaGwaphics

Damn, xbox would really have nothing if they didn't buy Bethesda. It's hilarious seeing Spencer act like he had some hand in it too.

Didn't he though. Good on him for recognizing they weren't going to have much once they got passed Halo/Forza and then writing that check to try and fix the issue. Or begging Nadella to the write the check or however it worked out. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

I can certainly agree that Xbox was in trouble if they didn't get more first-party output, but that's specifically why they have bought the studios/publishers over the last 3 or 4 years.

Top Bottom