• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Showcase + Starfield Direct - Most Successful Show in Xbox History - 92 Million Views

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
It was a good show and this feels deserved.

It’s been a little over a month since fans around the world enjoyed the Xbox Games Showcase and Starfield Direct and we’re delighted to say that, within seven days of the broadcast, we saw over 92 million views across our first ever double feature, trailers, and segments from the shows – a 38% rise in viewership over last year’s show. It’s become the highest rated and most-viewed show for Xbox, ever! We can’t thank you enough for being a part of that, and we hope you’re as excited as we are for Xbox’s future...

We’d like to thank all the teams involved, from the studios themselves, who worked tirelessly to bring their games to the show (many of them showing their projects off for the very first time), to the many, many people who worked behind the scenes to help make the show a success.

But most of all, we’d like to thank you for bringing your curiosity, your excitement, and your support. Xbox’s mission is to bring the joy of gaming to everyone, no matter where they are – and your joy at seeing the future of Xbox helps us know we’re on the right path.

havoc00

You can thank this man

3921.jpg

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
Ok, but how many bags of chips were eaten or how many years did people laugh for? 10,000 years worth of laugh?

I want the real important metrics.

feynoob

Banned
Go back and watch it again, they showed a lot of interesting things. Though Starfield did overshadow everything else, that couldn't be helped.
I watched it. Outside of starfield, nothing is interesting for me.
Avowed was a letdown for me.

JaksGhost

The 3m is from one stream, it had like 6 streams just on xbox's page and was streamed on the consoles, apps etc as well.
It combined the individual views of the 27 games announced during the conference along with the stream and direct views over a 7-day period.

DaGwaphics

I watched it. Outside of starfield, nothing is interesting for me.
Avowed was a letdown for me.

I wasn't really moved by the Avowed trailer one way or the other, but that setting/time period isn't really a favorite of mine. Though the fact that they have guns in there and not just swords and spells might make me give it a look. The clockwork game looked interesting though. Fable will be a visual treat as well.

Last edited:
It was a good show and this feels deserved.

Things really are beginning to look up, for Xbox.

Well deserved.

Top Bottom