• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

There will be no first-party PlayStation exclusive games until april 2025 (at the earliest)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aenima

Didn't Sony say no major first party IPs? What's with all the bullshit headlines recently.
Lack of reading comprehension or just FUD for clicks. I already saw a youtuber claiming Sony was ditching PS5 soon because in a interview the CEO said PS5 was in the later half of the lifecicle, and some ppl interpreted that as the end of the life cicle instead of the 2nd half of the life cicle.

Last edited:

Jigsaah

Gold Member
Well this might indicate that they are planning to release some bangers next year. Right in line with with PS5 Pro?

Announce the first party lineup for 2025 this summer....including the Pro, get hype up so people buy the Pro. Third party releases this year with better performance (looking at you Rebirth) to hold people over. Simple

SHA

Sure, they need it that, better than it's current situation excluding FF Rebirth, they're in a sorry state.

Roxkis_ii

Michael Jordan Lol GIF

The shittiest gen.

It's always funny when people use this everyone is bad, so my team being bad isn't that bad.

Naw, Playstation and PC still got games that people want to play coming out. It only a shity gen for a certain segment of people.

K' Dash

It's always funny when people use this everyone is bad, so my team being bad isn't that bad.

Naw, Playstation and PC still got games that people want to play coming out. It only a shity gen for a certain segment of people.

Specially for PS has been a shit gen, what the fuck are you talking about? every sequel they made this gen is either cross-gen AND worse than the previous game or just mediocre at best. I expected much more from Sony.

I guess you are good with scraps.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Idc if it’s first party or not, but exclusives and good ones are enough for me. Which they’ve got plenty of to start this year off.

This year is so stacked anyway and next year will be one of the biggest years ever.

2025 is housing:
Nintendo Switch 2
PS5 Pro potentially
GTA6
Marathon
Monster Hunter
Death Stranding 2
New from soft game

I’m missing something major for sure, but 2025 will fuck hard.

Roxkis_ii

Specially for PS has been a shit gen, what the fuck are you talking about? every sequel they made this gen is either cross-gen AND worse than the previous game or just mediocre at best. I expected much more from Sony.

I guess you are good with scraps.

It must suck to have standard so high you can't enjoy anything. If one group of people aren't releasing games I like, I play games from another. I don't have bad generations.

Kings Field

I’m eating good when it comes to games. I don’t care if they’re first party, third party, orgy party. IDGAF.

Games are games. PS, Xbox, Switch, and even my Steam backlog is plenty to keep me going for DECADES

yurinka

No major franchises. This could mean Concord or Astrobot can still come.
In fact he said major EXISTING franchises.

Meaning, Concord and maybe some unannounced new IP, as could be the Cory one, can perfectly be designed to become major IPs.

Either way, its time Hermen leaves, fired or whatever way you want to put. Jim is going, Hermen should join him. Apart from the new Kojima IP exclusive for PS, he’s done awful for PS studios
I think Hermen should stay.

PS Studios and most of their studios have been more successful than ever.

Under him with their most recent games in most cases these teams sold more than ever in the history of these studios/brands and won more awards.

He did help to grow most of these teams to help them work in more games at the same time, acquired very talented teams and support teams to help them.

Allandor

Lack of reading comprehension or just FUD for clicks. I already saw a youtuber claiming Sony was ditching PS5 soon because in a interview the CEO said PS5 was in the later half of the lifecicle, and some ppl interpreted that as the end of the life cicle instead of the 2nd half of the life cicle.
Well, they should better start ps6 title production. Even if they start them now, they won't be ready for release, at least for AAA(A) titles.
Current dev cycles are way to long.

Last edited:

Zuzu

I’m happy enough with Stellar Blade and FF7 Rebirth and probably the FF16 2nd DLC. But I have all the consoles so there’s more than enough to play for me.

JaksGhost

They just released a beloved game this month; so beloved in fact that even CEOs had to go and start port-begging for it.
They don't care because it's not from Naughty Dog or Santa Monica. By next week we'll probably have 10-20 Sony 1st Party threads meanwhile the likes of The Coalition and The Initiative get to just skate under the radar on this forum.

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
There will be no first-party PlayStation exclusive games until april 2025 (at the earliest)

That is not what was actually said.

Article claims Sony previously referenced games "the remainder of 2024" and that their "new information" says it is actually not until next fiscal year. That is false. Sony previously said "next fiscal year", not "the remainder of 2024". So they are already blatantly wrong and that is probably why the reddit moderator deleted the post. Trying to parse out anything else from that article is a waste of time as the information provided is already bullshit.

Rivet

Bring back the PS4 era... It didn't take 10 years to release a game back then.

What are Naughty Dog, Santa Monica and Bluepoint doing ? Where are our games ?

DarthPutin

With this situation i bet there will be no showcase this year since they have nothing.
They could easily XBOX us and show games that are few years away. I feel like they've earned the trust quality-wise. In fact I hope they do it as I am very curious what they are working on, even long term.
Sony need more studios asap or they will be in a bad situation on the long term. 1-2 games every 2 years doesn't justify a console.
People don't buy consoles only for 1st party games, in fact, most users don't buy for this reason at all. It's a logic of some PC gamers, who only get consoles for exclusives, but will all due respect they aren't very profitable clients for PlayStation.

They don't care because it's not from Naughty Dog or Santa Monica. By next week we'll probably have 10-20 Sony 1st Party threads meanwhile the likes of The Coalition and The Initiative get to just skate under the radar on this forum.
GAF exists simultaneously in a state of "We're so tired of Sony Style big cinematic games from 1st party studios" and "WHERE ARE THOSE GAMES?! Nothing else counts!!!"

Last edited:

Kokoloko85

In fact he said major EXISTING franchises.

Meaning, Concord and maybe some unannounced new IP, as could be the Cory one, can perfectly be designed to become major IPs.

I think Hermen should stay.

PS Studios and most of their studios have been more successful than ever.

Under him with their most recent games in most cases these teams sold more than ever in the history of these studios/brands and won more awards.

He did help to grow most of these teams to help them work in more games at the same time, acquired very talented teams and support teams to help them.
Great studios that sell great (ps4 era) should always grow.

Hes not a salesman. He didnt impact the games selling better thsn ever, those games would of sold great without him because they are popular ips and its PS studios.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom