• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Three New Xbox Series X|S Consoles Coming Holiday 2024

StereoVsn

I feel those prices are too high if MS is serious about actually selling their consoles, especially with PS5 Pro coming this year.

onQ123

Should have giving us Brooklyn & the new controllers .

But this is actually a good thing because they most likely got the manufacturing cost down a little & willing to actually produce some more consoles now.

The purpose is to kill physical media. The disk version will be limited. This means only the digital versions will be available at a certain point moving forward.

Don't worry physical Xbox games are dead already. They aren't even stored anymore

You should worry only when Sony and Nintendo do the same

Ozriel

M$FT
Their current consoles are not selling, so Xbox wants to put out a newer version of those existing consoles.

Who the hell is making these decisions from Microsoft?

I don't imagine their issues get solved with a 'Pro' console.

Smart move would be a price cut on the existing console + COD bundle for the holidays.

Three

Should have giving us Brooklyn & the new controllers .

But this is actually a good thing because they most likely got the manufacturing cost down a little & willing to actually produce some more consoles now.
How? They removed the disc drive and charged more than what it was going for before. From a consumer perspective this isn't a good thing at all. It wasn't like there were supply issues before when it was $399 with a disc drive. They were producing enough. This might just hurt demand more.

Calverz

Gold Member
I believe the thinking of this is to present two upgrade paths. One for series s owners and one for series x owners. Of course it probably wont work. Like at all lol

Mr.ODST

They need to seriously reduce the price of the consoles just to get them to sell, If you have a PC there is no reason to shell out that much for a console

Like on a serious note if they sold for $150 Series S and $250 for Series X, they make a loss but so many people would pick up and be exposed to Gamepass surely their GP numbers would go up? (I know the prices are low but at the moment they have so much stock that is making them $0)

Last edited:

Nankatsu

Oprah Lol GIF by Amy Poehler's Smart Girls

They need to seriously reduce the price of the consoles just to get them to sell, If you have a PC there is no reason to shell out that much for a console

With costs rising and inflation, there will likely be no price drops. This is Microsoft trying to justify keeping/raising prices of a platform few people want.

Mr.ODST

With costs rising and inflation, there will likely be no price drops. This is Microsoft trying to justify keeping/raising prices of a platform few people want.
Its a shame in a away as when I used to own a Series X & S, X is a really nice piece of hardware, just not used to its full potential

xrnzaaas

It's going to be a hard sell when PS5 Pro launches for less than 600, even with "only" 1TB SSD.

At least they're not all digital only, that's something.

Last edited:

onQ123

How? They removed the disc drive and charged more than what it was going for before. From a consumer perspective this isn't a good thing at all. It wasn't like there were supply issues before when it was $399 with a disc drive. They were producing enough. This might just hurt demand more.

I mean the fact that they are making more Xboxes because they was losing up to $200

I'm sure it's been said already but they are releasing a 2TB disc version...and a 1TB digital version. Ummmm....?

And the 2TB for $600 is fucking ridiculous. It's literally the same old Xbox with 1TB more hard drive space for $100 more than the launch price from a few years ago? What the hell are they smoking??

Just give me Fable and Gears and fuck off.

Last edited:

reinking

Gold Member
I feel those prices are too high if MS is serious about actually selling their consoles, especially with PS5 Pro coming this year.
HeisenbergFX4 HeisenbergFX4 did hint that they were coming out with a more expensive Xbox. 😜

I do hope they announce the handheld/hybrid/monster PC soon but I believe that can't happen now until next summer at the earliest. This was one of only a few things that let me down in this show.

Last edited:

Elios83

It's going to be a hard sell when PS5 Pro launches for less than 600, even with "only" 1TB SSD.

At least they're not all digital only, that's something.

Pro isn't likely to launch at less that 600$ in any form unless prices can be cut on the current PS5 models and Sony suggested they don't have the margins to do that.
It should start at 599$ though, probably in a digital form with the option to add the disc drive like in the Slim.
Which is still going to look fantastic compared to a XSX at 599$.

Unfortunately consumers will have to deal with higher prices in the future because the electronics business has hit a roadblock.
Just like PC GPU prices have easily surpassed 1000$ the era of high end 400$ consoles is done.

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member
Seriously...why are they offering the 2tb version with a disc drive but the 1 tb version doesn't without a drive. Christ.

Last edited:
Man, two of my four controllers are damaged and I've waited till today because i expected the new controllers will be announced.

Fuck!

Now I order them old ones...

After playing a couple of minutes withe the PS5 controllers I really whish they get their stuff together and make a brand new controller! Not just haptic feedback,also the loud xbox buttons is something they had to fix soon!

nick776

They needed this out years ago. Things like haptics might not seem like a big deal, but when it comes down to Xbox vs PS5 in a like for like graphical scenario, i'm still going to be picking up the PS5 version due to the controller.
Same here, it is mind boggling why they do not release this. I read a while back it could have been launched LAST Christmas but they chose not to. Either it is getting its own announcement later in the year or they are holding it back for the next gen Xbox. Dumb decision, IMO. I have bought COUNTLESS games on PS5 just for haptics, even paid for them when I could have otherwise played them for "free" on GamePass.

Top Bottom