• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tingle , in the next Zelda Game ,,,

Torpedo

Neo Member
All I want to say is : Please Nintendo we want a perfect game , without that Gay Tingle >< , one of worst character in game history , I hate him , I hate his stupid face , his stupid green cloth ,and his red underpants ..

igncubes-2004-die-tingle-die-die-campaign-20040609112023951.gif

oh shit , do you think there is going to be Realistic Tingle ><

Flynn

No kidding. Tingle was pretty a sly satire of fanboys.

But I guess we're in the minority on this one.

Tingle adds to the whimsical qualities of the Zelda universe. Not all characters can be bad asses, evil overlords or damsels in distress.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Mermandala said:
To fit a darker more mature theme Tingle will be replaced with Flavor Flav.

Don't know why this made me laugh but it did! Also it made me think about "Friday" for some reason...

"You know the saying, The older the berry the sweeter the juice!"

"It's the blacker the berry the sweeter the juice"

"Yeah she's blacker than motherfucker too!"

Blackace said:
Don't know why this made me laugh but it did!

Public distaste for cel shading though will lead to Flavor Flav being secretly replaced with Folgers Crystals.

cuz his skin cells are shaded. warning: jokesgettingdumber

*checks clocklace (neck-based clock) to see what time it is*

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
i really hope tingle is in the next game just to piss people off.

i got a real kick out of hearing a gungan say "weesa free!" at the end of Return of the Jedi on the DVDs. The perfect "up yours" from lucas to all the zealots.

ToxicAdam

Zelda needs more of "that kid with 3 feet of snot coming out of his nostril".

I love that kid.

The Tingle character would be awesome if it was evil. Like a spooky clown, or obsessed fanboi.

olimario

Banned
ToxicAdam said:
Zelda needs more of "that kid with 3 feet of snot coming out of his nostril".

I love that kid.

The Tingle character would be awesome if it was evil. Like a spooky clown, or obsessed fanboi.

Winner.

Zilch

Banned
belgurdo said:
"Gay" Tingle, with a picture of a sniper blowing his head off. Yeah, no obvious signals here, folks

Yeah, the original poster is obviously a huge homophobe! *large rolleyes*

SantaC

tingle being in the game doesn't bother me at all. Why would it? I laugh at him. Maybe not everyone wants Prince of Persia 2 rage against machine characters and gothic girls.

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
Zilch said:
Yeah, the original poster is obviously a huge homophobe! *large rolleyes*

I think he's pointing out the original poster is likely a closet homosexual himself, all huge homophobes are. That's what the homophobia is for(other than making the world a worse place), they create it within themselves to supress a very tendency to be gay, it's actually a part of themselves they dislike and to see it brought about in front of them makes them want to supress that too, thus the homophobia. What I'm saying is that the original poster complains about Tingle's fairy ways because deep inside he is Tingle himself, and he hates it.

lexi

Banned
SantaCruZer said:
tingle being in the game doesn't bother me at all. Why would it? I laugh at him. Maybe not everyone wants Prince of Persia 2 rage against machine characters and gothic girls.

Hm. I really do have to play PoP2.

In the mean time though... *suicidegirls dot com*

human5892

Queen of Denmark
Azelover said:
I think he's pointing out the original poster is likely a closet homosexual himself, all huge homophobes are. That's what the homophobia is for(other than making the world a worse place), they create it within themselves to supress a very tendency to be gay, it's actually a part of themselves they dislike and to see it brought about in front of them makes them want to supress that too, thus the homophobia. What I'm saying is that the original poster complains about Tingle's fairy ways because deep inside he is Tingle himself, and he hates it.
captain_obvious.jpg

Zilch

Banned
Azelover said:

That's some real shit right there. Are you saying that deep down, racists really want to be the race that they're hating?

Sounds like a load of modern pop-psychology. And you know where you can shove that.

ge-man

Why does Tingle get so much hate? He's clearly been a kind of running joke in the last few games as a dig at extreme fandom.

Sometimes I wonder if subtle humor has finally died these days.

Zilch

Banned
On subject, I think he's pretty awesome (Tingle). Although a "realistic" Tingle might look more creepy than awesome. :p

Broshnat

Banned
ge-man said:
Why does Tingle get so much hate? He's clearly been a kind of running joke in the last few games as a dig at extreme fandom.

Sometimes I wonder if subtle humor has finally died these days.

IAWTP

robojimbo

I never knew there was so much hate for Tingle. I don't know how he would fit into "mature" Zelda, but I wouldn't mind seeing that spandex-wearing dingleberry should he appear.

What's all this about Tingle being a fanboy parody? Am I dense? How did I miss the analogy while playing the games? Will one of you kind posters please enlighten me?

ge-man

lilraylewis said:
What's all this about Tingle being a fanboy parody? Am I dense? How did I miss the analogy while playing the games? Will one of you kind posters please enlighten me?

Tingle looks the way he does because he desperately wants to be "fairy" like Link. He is kinda like the folks who cosplay as their favorite comic or game character, but he has taken it to an extreme by structuring his life around that dream.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
ge-man said:
Tingle looks the way he does because he desperately wants to be "fairy" like Link. He is kinda like the folks who cosplay as their favorite comic or game character, but he has taken it to an extreme by structuring his life around that dream.
wow... i've never thought that deeply about zelda. i doubt the creators have either.

ge-man

Scrow said:
wow... i've never thought that deeply about zelda. i doubt the creators have either.

That's not much of an interpetation, though. Tingle admits to wanting to be like the "fairy people" in TWW. I also remember a little funny side story between Tingle and his father in Majora's Maks involving his son's dream of being a fairy person.

Torpedo said:
All I want to say is : Please Nintendo we want a perfect game , without that Gay Tingle >< , one of worst character in game history , I hate him , I hate his stupid face , his stupid green cloth ,and his red underpants ..

igncubes-2004-die-tingle-die-die-campaign-20040609112023951.gif

oh shit , do you think there is going to be Realistic Tingle ><

Less game time, more time working out your homophobic issues...

Ranger X

I want the crazy guy of the battleship mini-game to go back! This was the most hilarious character ever.

* Kaboooooooooooom

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
My vote goes with Tingle being a sly fanboy parody. It's pretty funny that so many players were offended by Tingle or disturbed by him, considering the nature of the parody. Personally, I thought he was pretty funny. Also, the parody wasn't entirely cruel or heartless to fanboys (*cough* like you'll find on "hardcore" gaming forums...). Tingle was obsessed, but ultimately a good guy who was pretty nice.

Top Bottom