• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Today the gaming gods have smiled upon me!

I went to Borders at lunch to see what their price on Who Framed Roger Rabbit was. I get there, can't find it - check on the computer, and see it's listed under Comedy for $14.99. Okay, so I go over to comedy - derp! It magically appears. Dunno how I missed it the first time, but anyhow the damned thing is marked $24.99 OMGWTF?!

So I go to the service desk and ask the girl there to please check the price. Instead of checking the price, she explains to me, like you would explain to someone that doesn't speak English, that this is a "S-p-e-c-i-a-l E-d-i-t-i-on". Well no shit Slippy! Do you want to make change for my rape dollars, or are you just going to continue talking me out of the sal^H^H^HLOST INTEREST!

So I figure I'll stop at Blocknutbuster on the way home and see how much they'll rape me for. $19.99 NO THANKS!

Time to hit the used record shop. EFF U!

At the used record shop there is no Roger Rabbit DVD, but over in the Playstation game case there is a copy of. . .

Klonoa: The Door to Phantomile!

POOOOOOOOP!

So I ask to take a look at it, expecting it to be covered in peanut butter and jizz; with scratches all around.

Turns out it's in mint condition. No scratches on the disk. OMG MANUALS! *2 Hit Combo!* OMG ORIGINAL CASE! *3 Hit Combo!*

Thank you whoever owned this before me and took such exceptional care of it. You are a hero! If only every retard that plays video games had the same awesome motor control skills you do, which enables you to handle a CD without succumbing to the need to breakdance on it while wearing your razorblade suit.

Many blessings, and may you bear numerous super intelligent children.

I also have to give big ups to the store staff. While I was there, I overheard them denying a trade-in because it was too god damned beat to hell. Standards at retailers?! WHAT? WHAT? WHAT?!

Now I need to go and cover Klonoa in peanut butter and jizz. :q

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Good haul. I think I got mine from eBay for about $30 a few months ago. Also in great condition, and complete. But that's a damn lucky find.

Yeah, it's quite the hot deal.

Dare I say, possibly hotter than walking in on Kim Smith and Poison making out on my bed - while professing an insatiable lust for two inch dongs and inviting me to join them for a three minute make-out session?! :p

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Ha ha, I stumbled upon it by accident as well three years back. Just browsing along in some random store...when I spot Klonoa for $13. Ran up with the case and the guy looked pissed that it even went up on the shelf. A mint condition copy for $13. Not quite as good as $8, but at least I had it three years earlier. :p Awesome game.

wunko

Man I so hate it when you rent or buy used games (and even DVD movies) and they are all scratched up! Then stuttering, skipping, the whole works. All the games I own have few scratches on them. Do people like not know how to take care of their discs these days!? :lol

The End

wunko said:
Man I so hate it when you rent or buy used games (and even DVD movies) and they are all scratched up! Then stuttering, skipping, the whole works. All the games I own have few scratches on them. Do people like not know how to take care of their discs these days!? :lol

This is why i love used gamecube games. They can be beat to hell and still work.

Link

The Autumn Wind
God damn, this copy of Klonoa I got off ebay is, like, brand new. Not a single mark on it. The instruction booklet even still has the registration card in it. Best find ever!

CONGRATULATION!

I'm wary of buying off eBay just because I'm anal retentive, or some such. I keep my games in tip-top shape.

On the other hand, I recently sold a pristine copy of DOA:LE for the Saturn on eBay. Had the thing for damn near a decade, kept it in excellent condition. No fingerprints, scratches, or imperfections on the disk and the buyer had the nerve to leave feedback saying the disk wasn't in that great of condition?! God damn, what more do I need to do? Live in a hermetically sealed hyperbaric chamber? @_@

I think he may have been bitter because I just throw out the Japanese trash that comes on the spine and what-not. English, Japanese, Spanish - what the fuck ever. Junk advertising is junk advertising. :X

Link

The Autumn Wind
The Take Out Bandit said:
I'm wary of buying off eBay just because I'm anal retentive, or some such. I keep my games in tip-top shape.
Oh believe me, I'm the same way. For most games, I won't buy it unless it has the case and instruction booklet. Plus, it all has to be in good condition, especially the disc. Even if it's something I really want, if it doesn't meet those standards, I'll pass on it and keep looking. The only exceptions are if I know I'd never find it again at the price I see it for, or if it's a portable game.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
If only every retard that plays video games had the same awesome motor control skills you do, which enables you to handle a CD without succumbing to the need to breakdance on it while wearing your razorblade suit.

Awesome quote.. but you did just call all people who play games retards :lol

Gamedude

Klonoa.. meh, never even looked at it back in the 98, what a shame..

still worth it buying in these days? will I still enjoy it looking from a retro perspective?

Gamedude said:
Klonoa.. meh, never even looked at it back in the 98, what a shame..

still worth it buying in these days? will I still enjoy it looking from a retro perspective?

Yep. Don't really even need to put a retro slant on it. It's just clean, efficient platforming gameplay.

Gamedude

Attack You said:
Yep. Don't really even need to put a retro slant on it. It's just clean, efficient platforming gameplay.
great! that means I'll have to add this one to my "to-buy" list.

I'm dying to play a great platform game.

hayguys2ze.jpg

The Take Out Bandit said:
Thank you whoever owned this before me and took such exceptional care of it. You are a hero! If only every retard that plays video games had the same awesome motor control skills you do, which enables you to handle a CD without succumbing to the need to breakdance on it while wearing your razorblade suit.

hahaha

Congrats on the find.

Top Bottom