• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Total War Warhammer 2 |OT| Of Mice and Ratmen

Violet_0

Banned
There is some sort of a campaign in this right?

open-ended campaigns (very little story), it's pretty much the whole game

I want to know how you guys manage to make peace and conferate with the AI, because turn 45 as Cult of Pleasure the HE are hiring minor factions from the far corners of the map to attack me and my faction leader's useless son and #2 declared war 15 turns ago, and then invited other DE factions to join the fight. I'm winning, slowly, but the minor faction that backstabbed me while I cut a path through Malekith's stack just took my damn temple city, with the 10% global army upkeep reduction

open-ended campaigns (very little story), it's pretty much the whole game

I want to know how you guys manage to make peace and conferate with the AI, because turn 45 as Cult of Pleasure the HE are hiring minor factions from the far corners of the map to attack me and my faction leader's useless son and #2 declared war 15 turns ago, and then invited other DE factions to join the fight. I'm winning, slowly, but the minor faction that backstabbed me while I cut a path through Malekith's stack just took my damn temple city, with the 10% global army upkeep reduction

Well confederating as non high elf is still a mess at times I think. Advancing the ritual helps a lot though, since it increases your relation with other dark elves(while nerfing the rest, but that's not too much of an issue although by 3rd or 4th you'll lose trade partners too).

I couldn't get the asshole Clan Skrye to confederate with me as Skrolk in my skaven playthrough even though he was at 400+ attitude, so that was weird. As high elf though I confederated everyone but the one faction I killed early, I haven't fought high elves since. One of them was angry at some point because he was asking me to go to war with Cult of Pleasure and I said no but he was a military ally so it broke the agreement or whatever and I lost a ton of rep, but eventually he forgot all about it and joined me anyway.

Influence is a really cool mechanic, although it becomes fairly useless lategame, since I own all of Ulthuan, I'm super friendly with the rest of the high elves that I haven't confederated because I don't want their shitty islands(Tor Anslor and Teclis factions), the Lizardmen are basically dead in my campaign, they got ravaged by the skaven/morathi/the undead.

Only use is I raised my relations with the Strigoi who own almost all of the desert, and opened a trade so that added like 2500g a turn and they won't war me, so they act as a huge buffer against Clan Mors and make all the southern and eastern coast of Ulthuan super safe, only have to defend the dark elf constant armies spam from the northwest and the bullshit ritual armies spawning in the middle of the island. Like literally in the middle, it's super annoying.

karnage10

Banned

sorry if my OT isn't clear.

Any Total war game has 3 main modes of playing:
- campaign
- quick battles
- custom battles

All these 3 modes can be played in multiplayer however the multiplayer is normally very bare bones.

In warhammer 2 the campaign is called the vortex campaign. The OT will show the factions and the Lords that command them. For the owners of both warhammer 1 and Warhammer 2 will also get another campaign called mortal empires, this campaign will be released in a few "weeks" and will have a map that merges the map of both games.

BibiMaghoo

I've now finished the game with Skaven first then Dark elves, and am on a playthrough with Lizardmen. Overall this is clearly a better version of the last game in general tidiness, but the vortex campaign was a mistake, and is just a chore in subsequent playthroughs in a worse manner than the chaos invasion of the last game, mainly because there is no variation in it.

With Chaos invasion your position mattered greatly as to how Chaos needed to be handled, and who they attacked making it a more random experience. The vortex is the same every time no matter the race, and is ended and fought off in the same way. That it can be ignored entirely and have the player just teleport and fight off the three races doesn't make it any less poor in my view, rather it compounds the lack of overall depth to the campaign structure. Honestly I'm a little surprised this was all they came up with, but not disappointed. I bought this game for the extended map and races to play with the first game. I look forward to that being unlocked.

Also DE crossbowmen are savage as fuck. A line of them with some cheap combat troops in front murders pretty much everything. God bless them.

I was blah on the Vortex campaign for a while but reaching mid/late game completely changed my mind on it. I'm only nearing my first (seemingly victorious) Vortex campaign, but the endgame just seems a lot more active and tense, no longer residing in that turns-long span when Chaos arrives and is either soundly defeated or running rampant, depending upon which your chosen faction needs; instead, there are a half-dozen peaks and valleys as various rituals complete, blobbing the many factions on the map into one of four adversaries, with no potential for neutrality or middle-men as they all surge towards the same goal. The Vortex campaign is total warfare.

Like, the whole Vortex rush just makes the Grand Campaign's conquest (aka "survive the Chaos invasion") goal seem really tame in comparison. To win the Vortex, there's too much to do and too few resources to do it, leading to many tough (and interesting) decisions; kinda the inverse of the first game.

My opinion might flip on it again as I play more, but I don't see how other factions won't have their own unique challenges. (e.g. I'm playing DE first, and their Black Arks are a godsend for my long journeys to hostile lands. Which were needed to breach the monolithic Lothern faction, since it confederated with literally every other HE on the map.)

Pinktaco

So my first campaign with Mazdamundi burned and crashed. Unfortunately a bug/glitch forces a defeat on me. Malekit reached the final ritual first, I defeated him in battle and it counts as if I lost :(

Second campaign with Teclics. Very intense, but I'll probably have to start over at around turn 50. I managed to get into war with Clan Pestilence and Skeggi, both are #1 and #2 on the power list.
Odd thing: Clan P ambushed me. Fine I figured, I'll take them on all the same. What I didn't realize was how ridiculous hard it would be for my frost phoenix to take care of a single plague catapult (hint: it didn't manage a single unit).When my phoenix started attacking 1 of the 3 catapults, the catapult had 70 kills. When the battle was over and I had won the catapult had 140 kills - despite having been constantly under attack by the bird. Wut?

So I won the battle and another 2 or 3 Pestilence armies are just rolling in, my army needs heavy replenishment. Meanwhile I had to win and absolutely ridiculous battle against Skeggie (they still have plenty of stacks waiting) AND rebellion in the same area.

It's.. just.. too.. much :D

Fighting the rats was never my intention. I just clicked too quickly through the dialogue options with some of the other elven factions accidently leaving me at war with Clan Pestilence haha.

So I think I'll start over.

I'm playing on Very Hard btw. Which is a great challenge, despite the clear AI cheat bullsh1t (Lizardmen who have access to a full stack of saurus with spears/shield/cameleons and a Slann sitting on a single settlement).

The constant intensity of the VH difficulty mode is a pleasant improvement compared to WH1, where you'd have an initial challenge, then the great slumber followed by chaos invasion at the end game. :)

Pinktaco

I've now finished the game with Skaven first then Dark elves, and am on a playthrough with Lizardmen. Overall this is clearly a better version of the last game in general tidiness, but the vortex campaign was a mistake, and is just a chore in subsequent playthroughs in a worse manner than the chaos invasion of the last game, mainly because there is no variation in it.

With Chaos invasion your position mattered greatly as to how Chaos needed to be handled, and who they attacked making it a more random experience. The vortex is the same every time no matter the race, and is ended and fought off in the same way. That it can be ignored entirely and have the player just teleport and fight off the three races doesn't make it any less poor in my view, rather it compounds the lack of overall depth to the campaign structure. Honestly I'm a little surprised this was all they came up with, but not disappointed. I bought this game for the extended map and races to play with the first game. I look forward to that being unlocked.

Also DE crossbowmen are savage as fuck. A line of them with some cheap combat troops in front murders pretty much everything. God bless them.

I see the Vortex Campaign as any other Total War campaign: kinda sh1te, but interesting alternative way of playing the game.

The *real* game still awaits - the combined campaign.
Had the game been released with the combined campaign it would've been a clearly superior game since you could enjoy the full campaign and switch to Vortex for the heck of it - you wouldn't burn out on the vortex campaign.

With that said I think the Vortex Campaign has the right lenght of a TW campaign (unlike normal campaign that tend to get stall and boring due to repetiveness).

Regarding crossbowmen - I've played my Teclis campaing on very hard, having won all engagements with a line of spearmen and a line of archers. They plow through everything from great distance. Teclics keeps them alive with magic.
Quite different from the low ranged skinks.

The constant intensity of the VH difficulty mode is a pleasant improvement compared to WH1, where you'd have an initial challenge, then the great slumber followed by chaos invasion at the end game. :)

I think the biggest problem with vh and legendary in the first game was how AI targeted the player. I remember a situation where greenskin army + waagh ingnored dwarfs, vampires, border prince plus other orc factions with which they were fighting with JUST to get to my provinces (was playing with empire btw.) It was such bs. No idea how it works in this game but hard seems very fair atleast.

ElyrionX

I did it. Conquered the whole of Ulthuan mostly through confederation. The last holdout Tiranoc had an aversion against me and had 15 settlements but my constant gifts and influence and actions against the Dark Elves helped convince them. Not sure whether playing on Normal difficulty had any impact on this or not.

Violet_0

Banned
Regarding crossbowmen - I've played my Teclis campaing on very hard, having won all engagements with a line of spearmen and a line of archers. They plow through everything from great distance. Teclics keeps them alive with magic.
Quite different from the low ranged skinks.

turn 45 as Cult of Please, VH, army consists of lvl 26 Morathi that spams pit of shadows and flies into archers (her best abilities are campaign-boni, though), lvl 20 Assassin that spawned early in the game (despite full upgrades, his 1000+ damage ranged attack never seems to do anything tho), lvl 8 or so Sorceress that spawned and I had no use for, so she joined the army, one hyrda and a unit of harpies that I started with, 5 basic crossbow units and the rest is dreadspears. Haven't lost a single unit since pretty much the start of the game, Morathi can regen the health of units on the campaign map fast

just unlocked tier 4 for my capitol and can recruit hydras soon, but my armies are too busy and far away. I did get two spearthrowers, a death hag and some bleakswords for my second army just a few turns ago, tho, to defend a city from the Pirates of the Southern Sea that joined the HE in a war against me. Their diplomacy ability is pretty funny

Vortex566

I am awful and have no real idea what I'm doing. What should I focus on when I start the game? I only have one army which seems to be able to do anything at the start. I just keep losing my settlements all the time. I would really appreciate some advice.

KLoWn

This is my first Total War game, and I had no idea that it actually was straight up Civilization gameplay. I thought they threw you down on some battlefield and you went from there.

knife 'em
If only I could. No one in my city seem to have one.

Total War is kinda hard to describe, actually. The strategic map is a full-on 4X, but the battle map is more like an RTS... but the ways soldiers and map and factions interact has more in common with a simulation game. Then the Warhammer or historical bits throw more hammers into that, bringing a host of RPG-like aspects and fundamentally altering how each faction plays. It's a lot easier to just call it Total War.

It actually reminds me the most of a genre of Starcraft: Brood War custom maps, largely founded upon Lord of the Rings. In it you had a vague map of Middle-Earth, the different factions with their proper allies and enemies and unique goals, and periodically spawning unit groups (based on the tech level of your bases) backed up by powerful heroes. Then you either destroyed enemy bases or captured them, weakening the enemy team until you were victorious.

Starcraft 1 custom maps are so amazing.
I am awful and have no real idea what I'm doing. What should I focus on when I start the game? I only have one army which seems to be able to do anything at the start. I just keep losing my settlements all the time. I would really appreciate some advice.

First priority is recruiting a stronger army and attacking your natural enemy (faction you're at war with at turn 1) to capture a whole province. Then it's a matter of figuring out where to expand (towards areas with special buildings or ports is always worthwhile, but the nearest ritual site is your not-too-distant priority) and what to build to improve your economy and unit variety/hero availability. Eventually you'll want to get another army, but you'll want a decent positive income before trying that.

Then everything afterwards is a huge list of possibilities depending on your chosen faction and legendary lord.

One tip I have is to build walled settlements (in the defensive category of buildings). It will turn instant razed settlements into a 1+ turn siege, giving you vital time to respond to the threat, or even a possibility of repelling it with the garrison. They're always it.

Violet_0

Banned

play on an easier difficulty setting when you just learn the game, play one of the faction leaders marked as "easy", use pause and slow mode frequently in combat. Recruitment cost is neglectable, the upkeep cost determinates how many units you can keep. Try to have 2000+ income a turn. Focus on building a strong economy, more gold = bigger, better armies. To protect settlements, build walls. Anything you want to know in particular?
If only I could. No one in my city seem to have one.
each faction can recruit a hero (agent) that can assassinate other characters. For the Skaven and DE, they are actually called assassins, dunno about HE and Lizards, just check the heroes you can recruit

and yeah, TW is a bit like Civ-lite
Well confederating as non high elf is still a mess at times I think. Advancing the ritual helps a lot though, since it increases your relation with other dark elves(while nerfing the rest, but that's not too much of an issue although by 3rd or 4th you'll lose trade partners too).

I couldn't get the asshole Clan Skrye to confederate with me as Skrolk in my skaven playthrough even though he was at 400+ attitude, so that was weird. As high elf though I confederated everyone but the one faction I killed early, I haven't fought high elves since. One of them was angry at some point because he was asking me to go to war with Cult of Pleasure and I said no but he was a military ally so it broke the agreement or whatever and I lost a ton of rep, but eventually he forgot all about it and joined me anyway.
having only played some Skaven and DE so far, my experience was that everyone absolutely hates you even within your own faction, it's like VC all over again. I was just rather surprised that Malekith started a war out of nowhere so early on despite not being on bad terms with me, then the Forgebound joined the war on his side a few turns later, meanwhile the Pirates of the Southern Sea made their way to Naggaroth after the HE, who I've been at war with since the start of the game for driving them off my peninsula, convinced them to fight me as well. I already took down three different Beastmen tribes, two other minor DE faction, and I'm at war with a faction that I don't even remember seeing. It's a total madhouse up there, though thankfully more manageable than Lustria and it's crazy Lizards. I have to get one decisive victory after another to keep going, fighting some of the strongest military powers on the map

when I started the campaign, I thought I could just, like, make peace with the other DE factions and confederate later, but it's been constant warfare so far, as both DE and Skaven

Philxor

Got a good few hours on this yesterday and got back into my stride. I had a much less frustrating time than when I played the first and had two massive armies and found myself constantly having Skeggi raid my provinces but move away as soon as I moved towards them in the late game.

Ultimately, made quite a few mistakes and perhaps started to push out of where I was too late. I have a level 30 Mazdamundi and a wicked skink priest on a terradon riding next to him. Have been auto-resolving quite a lot due to my ineptitude at doing battles myself but managed to do a couple of mission quests and not lose everything as per usual. Have just unlocked stegadons and bastiladons circa turn 90, so clearly have had resource issues. Also way behind everyone in terms of rituals, but have remembered a good deal and am going to push on with this save for a bit more and then start a new one (probably with Kroq-gar).

Pinktaco

I personally play on very hard, so my advice may differ slightly due to difficulty. If you're new I'd recommend normal if you want a challenge or easy if you rather want to understand the game.

1) there'll always be a starting enemy right near you. It's basically there to allow you to expand without starting a new war yourself. Focus on that. There'll likely be more than one enemy/options. I know mazdamundi have the Skeggi Barbarians to the east, empty settlements to the west and Skaven + Dark Elves to the north/north-west. Oh and Orcs to the south, but they are further away.

Figure out who you want to take out first in your given starting position. Sometimes your initial army is enough to take on the nearby enemy army (this was true in the first game on normal).

If I were you I'd engage the first nearby enemy, remove him and move closer his settlement (but still within your boarder), once done I'd recruit +3 new units. Depending on your situation you can recruit an additional 3 units and go grab the nearby settlements.

Capitol settlements typically have a wall, so you'll need a battering ram at least.

Meanwhile you should keep checking your diplomacy options to see if you can get trade going. I find this to be more difficulty in this game than the previous tbh, but some additional income is better than not.

Your settlements should focus on: 1) growth buildings and 2) money making buildings. There's a bit of a "mini game" by trying to get all the good buildings in your settlements (i.e. you can only have lvl 4-5 buildings in your capitol). I wouldn't worry too much about chaos corruption/culture/religion or whatever you want to call it, in the beginning.
If you have no particular issue with happiness I wouldn't do much in that regard either.
You can get military buildings when necessary and the time is right, but you should be fine with low tier units in the start.

So money + growth > military = happiness > chaos corruption. All depending on your situation. Bonus: you should also keep garrison/walls in mind in all settlements. Tier 3 minor settlements gains an actual wall with the tier 3 garrison upgrad, along with a garrison hero. This will considerably make you more safe vs random attacks. But it's not super priority in the beginning.

It's perfectly alright to upgrade your original military building and it's also perfectly alright to ensure you can get other low tier units (skinks + saurus warriors for Lizardmen).
When you eventually get new settlements you probably need to consider to remove military buildings to allow for other more necessary buildings (money).

Remember that "uninhabitable" settlements are of course difficult to have, so you shouldn't spend time with those in the beginning.

Try not to plss off everybody in the campaign. If you get an ally they'll often ask you to enter a war against someone, don't.

In terms of actual combat it all very much depends on your army and also the legendary lord. Combat lords can engage in close combat quite handedly and wizard Lords should rather focus on buffing your own units. Regeneration spells are great.

On the Vortex stuff, I think it's a good idea and some parts are great but some parts are also pretty bad.

It does add tension to the lategame, tension that you can actually prepare for too. Chaos spawn in the first game was based on stuff that you couldn't really see, you could roughly tell when it was about to spawn, around turn 100 usually, but depending on how fast or slow you were going it could be earlier or later, and depending on how much garbage between them and you you could have anywhere between 10 and 30turns to prepare. Quite often by that point you were still embroiled in wars with enemies on most sides too, which made it annoying.

On the other hand, the spawns from the vortex armies right in the middle of your lands are absolute bullshit, especially when the damn towns for the rituals can change between turns so you might prepare your armies to defend certain places only to have them be out of position when you're ready because the cities changed. It seems to be linked to the value of the cities or something but it's annoying and should be more transparent(lock the spawns one you reach the ritual amount unless you lose the settlements for example).

And then depending on which cities it is, you'll get spawns right on top of other stuff, even when it's totally against the lore, like hordes or chaos and skaven spawning in the middle of Ulthuan. I feel in all cases the units should have spawned somewhere on water, so you have at least a turn to see where they are before they start rampaging, and so they don't spawn in too stupid places, or if you're surrounded by land, then spawn them in neutral areas you don't control.

On that note, the fact that they take their turn right after you is pretty bullshit. This goes doubly for Interventions. Interventions should have a 1 turn preparation where they can't act. It's really bullshit when you pass your turn, the enemy factions summon an intervention and then at the end of that "turn", the intervention armies act right away. Meanwhile your interventions always act after the enemy, so they'll often die right away.

Another intervention issue is the 10k intervention. Realistically, those shouldn't be available for the first and maybe 2nd ritual. If one of the faction has a huge advantage(and they always do have at least some advantage in higher difficulties), then they can spawn a stack full of endgame units super early when you're still on tier 1-3 units. This is pretty bullshit. That's why I don't do the first ritual as soon as it opens, you might actually lose the game or have a huge setback if you do, for no real benefit.

Overall I'm liking it though, it's still more interesting than the first game, but I feel it could be improved. I also feel the pace of the rituals might be a tad too fast, maybe it's because of the VH bonus to the AI but whoever is leader always does the ritual way faster than me and it feels a bit rushed, I think increasing the amounts needed by ~20% or so and reduce the AI gains a little bit would feel better, so you can get more time to enjoy some of the map. Although I guess you can just do that after.

I do hope the Mortal Empire campaign is sooner than later though. Like this week, maybe next, and not in 1month. I don't see much of a point in them delaying it if it's ready either since you still need the 2nd game to play it so it wouldn't compete for sales, but I guess it just isn't ready yet.

Philxor

I personally play on very hard, so my advice may differ slightly due to difficulty. If you're new I'd recommend normal if you want a challenge or easy if you rather want to understand the game.

1) there'll always be a starting enemy right near you. It's basically there to allow you to expand without starting a new war yourself. Focus on that. There'll likely be more than one enemy/options. I know mazdamundi have the Skeggi Barbarians to the east, empty settlements to the west and Skaven + Dark Elves to the north/north-west. Oh and Orcs to the south, but they are further away.

Figure out who you want to take out first in your given starting position. Sometimes your initial army is enough to take on the nearby enemy army (this was true in the first game on normal).

If I were you I'd engage the first nearby enemy, remove him and move closer his settlement (but still within your boarder), once done I'd recruit +3 new units. Depending on your situation you can recruit an additional 3 units and go grab the nearby settlements.

Capitol settlements typically have a wall, so you'll need a battering ram at least.

Meanwhile you should keep checking your diplomacy options to see if you can get trade going. I find this to be more difficulty in this game than the previous tbh, but some additional income is better than not.

Your settlements should focus on: 1) growth buildings and 2) money making buildings. There's a bit of a "mini game" by trying to get all the good buildings in your settlements (i.e. you can only have lvl 4-5 buildings in your capitol). I wouldn't worry too much about chaos corruption/culture/religion or whatever you want to call it, in the beginning.
If you have no particular issue with happiness I wouldn't do much in that regard either.
You can get military buildings when necessary and the time is right, but you should be fine with low tier units in the start.

So money + growth > military = happiness > chaos corruption. All depending on your situation. Bonus: you should also keep garrison/walls in mind in all settlements. Tier 3 minor settlements gains an actual wall with the tier 3 garrison upgrad, along with a garrison hero. This will considerably make you more safe vs random attacks. But it's not super priority in the beginning.

It's perfectly alright to upgrade your original military building and it's also perfectly alright to ensure you can get other low tier units (skinks + saurus warriors for Lizardmen).
When you eventually get new settlements you probably need to consider to remove military buildings to allow for other more necessary buildings (money).

Remember that "uninhabitable" settlements are of course difficult to have, so you shouldn't spend time with those in the beginning.

Try not to plss off everybody in the campaign. If you get an ally they'll often ask you to enter a war against someone, don't.

In terms of actual combat it all very much depends on your army and also the legendary lord. Combat lords can engage in close combat quite handedly and wizard Lords should rather focus on buffing your own units. Regeneration spells are great.

Thanks very much for this, it's really useful. I started with Mazdamundi, so also very relatable.

Ravelle

Not much story but you do have more purpose than the first one, rituals, missions, specific settlements you need to go after etc.

Each faction has its own couple of cinematics and in-game cutscenes to portrait a bit of their story and motives.

Fitz

They've got some damn fine background music going on with this sequel. The whole package is an audio visual treat.

I got one HE Noble literally just running around alone assassinating every Skaven hero sighted or assaulting any enemy army he sees.

He's more important to my success than a loaded Teclis with like 3 dragons. Love it.

Violet_0

Banned
do you also save the game every time before performing a hero action? There being a small chance to lose your hero outright is bullshit, thank the Gods for the new immortality abilty. You can't save scum hero actions, btw, the outcome is predeterminated

do you also save the game every time before performing a hero action? There being a small chance to lose your hero outright is bullshit, thank the Gods for the new immortality abilty. You can't save scum hero actions, btw, the outcome is predeterminated

Umm, I did when I kept running into one shitbag Skaven hero who kept wrecking my shit, but then I stopped cause I felt like I was cheating. I think I lost my Noble for 5 turns around turn 70 and I was furious, but it made me play smarter.

Side question - how often are recruitable Lords/Heroes refreshed, or do they even refresh? I keep shopping for a new Lord, but want to find one with the perks I want!

I used to in the first game but with the immortality skill I don't feel it's worth it. I also have more heroes running around, I find them more useful kinda, or maybe less expensive I don't know. I've had a lot of embedded heroes when I used to not use them like this, the replenishment ones are nice especially. And the steal tech one is a must, 35% faster tech is stupid good.

Finished my Tyrion VH campaign, 195 turns, took longer than Skaven in turns interestingly even though on Skaven I let 2 other factions start their 5th before interupting, while only one started in this playthrough which I also interupted while conquering half of their crap, poor Malekith didn't know what hit him, I opened the way all the way to Naggarond to interupt it since it was the fastest. Every ritual army spawned within my walls besides the very last one, which for some reason after I moved all my armies within my walls, spawned outside. They didn't get to do much as a result since they attacked the gates with the strong garrisons. Lost one gate and killed most of the armies with these(a couple took the actual rite settlement), by the time my armies got there it was just clean up and getting the rite settlement back.

I liked high elves, their base archers are so good with all the upgrades, that 180 range is no joke. Every army had 6-8archers, it's amazing how fast stuff dies with that many firing. Doesn't even matter that they don't have armor piercing, target like some dragon or whatever and it dies before even landing. Tyrion was pretty boring though, does high damage and stuff but having only generic abilities felt meh. Only active he had that wasn't generic was some cone stuff that looked semi ok. He did good damage but being on a horse isn't as good as being on a bigger thing, no big aoe moves and stuff so his damage was mostly good for killing single target stuff(he killed them real quick though).

Sändersson;251446379 said:
Is it possible to find out how many "stones" or we a given faction is getting per turn?

It's 1 per settlement, 10 for the special buildings if they have it built(do need to scout these out so can be annoying) and then some bonus for difficulty because the AI is terrible, so you can get a rough estimate just looking at the diplomacy screen for how many settlements they have. Can't tell exactly what they're at though as far as I understand.

Just from my experience, the AI bonus gives them a big edge early, but by turn 100-130 or so you should easily catch up to most of them if you've been expanding decently.

It's 1 per settlement, 10 for the special buildings if they have it built(do need to scout these out so can be annoying) and then some bonus for difficulty because the AI is terrible, so you can get a rough estimate just looking at the diplomacy screen for how many settlements they have. Can't tell exactly what they're at though as far as I understand.

Just from my experience, the AI bonus gives them a big edge early, but by turn 100-130 or so you should easily catch up to most of them if you've been expanding decently.

Heh, alrighty then. Lizardmen really seem to get them
fast. They have been the fastest in every game i've played. :p

karnage10

Banned
Is this game supposed to run worse than the first one? I think there's something wrong happening here :c

On my PC I7-6700k, 1070,16gb ram crappy HDD; warhammer 2 runs better then warhamer 1, specially on battle maps with lots of trees.

The Blood DLC isn't out yet right?

No DLC out at the momment. I'll update the OT when any DLC news are anounced.

I got one HE Noble literally just running around alone assassinating every Skaven hero sighted or assaulting any enemy army he sees.

He's more important to my success than a loaded Teclis with like 3 dragons. Love it.

This is something i always forget to tell people. Agents are really a nice support to your empire, specially those that add XP every turn.

I do hope the Mortal Empire campaign is sooner than later though. Like this week, maybe next, and not in 1month. I don't see much of a point in them delaying it if it's ready either since you still need the 2nd game to play it so it wouldn't compete for sales, but I guess it just isn't ready yet.

For warhammer 1 CA released 1 DLC /month. IMO CA will probably follow the same plan, so expect mortal empires at the end of october, 1 lord pack at end of november + 1 lord pack at the end of december.

After that who knows?

IMO i think the main reason mortal empires is taking long is optimization, people complained a lot of bad optimization of rome 2 end turn times; With the Huge map + factions I can see CA taking a bit of a time to try and make the game run as close to current rome2/attila as possible

"weeks not months" sounds more like December to me.

And as far as DLC, unfortunately the leak isn't helpful at this point. Tomb Kings, Skaven, Chaos Dwarves, and Ogre Kingdoms are the to-be-released Faction DLC, with Expansion 1 out (TWWH2) and Expansion 3 TBD. But back then, Expansion 1 ony listed the three main factions--the Elves and Lizardmen, no Skaven.

Total Warhammer 1's Wood Elves were DLC 5, Total Warhammer 2's Tomb Kings were DLC 8, Skaven 10, Chaos Dwarves 13, and Ogre Kingdoms 15. Everything between these ones were smaller DLCs, like Regiments of Renown packs or the blood DLC, and also included their "free DLC" plans. But clearly the release order has changed since Wood Elves, because Norsca was bumped in, Skaven were included in Expansion 1, and the free DLC was dramatically expanded.

Anno

Tomb Kings are really the only one of the major factions they can put in the game on the current map, right? If so then maybe we'll just get a lot of lord packs and minor faction expansions.

Tomb Kings are really the only one of the major factions they can put in the game on the current map, right? If so then maybe we'll just get a lot of lord packs and minor faction expansions.
Oh yeah, the Chaos Dwarves and Ogre Kingdom are just a little further on the right side of the OG map aren't they? This revelation bums me out 'cause I'm really excited to see Ogre Kingdoms for some reason.

I guess it makes sense, though. I think the only "unclaimed" ritual site is in the undead desert area. Unless there's one more in Lustria for the Amazons? (Which, looking over the wiki, seems like the only other remotely noteworthy faction in the New World, and it seems really minor...)

Anno

(Which, looking over the wiki, seems like the only other remotely noteworthy faction in the New World, and it seems really minor...)

Araby almost certainly gets a minor faction pack I think. Maybe the Vampire Coast, too. Who wouldn't buy a DLC pack of undead pirates?

Araby almost certainly gets a minor faction pack I think. Maybe the Vampire Coast, too. Who wouldn't buy a DLC pack of undead pirates?

They'd all presumably have to tie in the Vortex campaign though, which would mean more ritual sites (and more interceptions). I can't see them inserting more out of thin air unless they create some new provinces a la Wood Elves in the first game.

Wouldn't mind more corruption-spreaders though. Anti-corruption buildings seem pointless right now unless you're right beside Norsca or Skaven.

ElyrionX

And as far as DLC, unfortunately the leak isn't helpful at this point. Tomb Kings, Skaven, Chaos Dwarves, and Ogre Kingdoms are the to-be-released Faction DLC, with Expansion 1 out (TWWH2) and Expansion 3 TBD. But back then, Expansion 1 ony listed the three main factions--the Elves and Lizardmen, no Skaven.

Total Warhammer 1's Wood Elves were DLC 5, Total Warhammer 2's Tomb Kings were DLC 8, Skaven 10, Chaos Dwarves 13, and Ogre Kingdoms 15. Everything between these ones were smaller DLCs, like Regiments of Renown packs or the blood DLC, and also included their "free DLC" plans. But clearly the release order has changed since Wood Elves, because Norsca was bumped in, Skaven were included in Expansion 1, and the free DLC was dramatically expanded.

Any idea how long before we get the LLs pack? The LLs packs in WH1 added new units for the races, right?

Nere

It can't be December since they said weeks not months so 7 weeks is the maximum. I expect it to be out around mid november.

Yeah I guess November would make more sense.

I could see Blood DLC (Oct), Mortal Empires (Nov), Regiments of Renown 1 (Dec), Free DLC (Jan) and so on. The 1 a month thing sounds very Creative assembly. But this is wild speculation.

Actually, I thought they confirmed a free DLC plan similar to the first's, but I can't find where I saw that now. So maybe it's just Mortal Empires.
Any idea how long before we get the LLs pack? The LLs packs in WH1 added new units for the races, right?

No idea.

But a Regiments of Renown DLC similar to the King & the Warlord would be welcome. If it's like Grim & Grave (with no new start mechanics) then forget it...

Anno

Actually, I thought they confirmed a free DLC plan similar to the first's, but I can't find where I saw that now. So maybe it's just Mortal Empires.

They confirmed a similar FreeLC plan to the first game in the Mortal Empires blog. Presumably it'll be for both the Vortex campaign and ME - twice the value!

ElyrionX

Yeah I guess November would make more sense.

I could see Blood DLC (Oct), Mortal Empires (Nov), Regiments of Renown 1 (Dec), Free DLC (Jan) and so on. The 1 a month thing sounds very Creative assembly. But this is wild speculation.

No idea.

But a Regiments of Renown DLC similar to the King & the Warlord would be welcome. If it's like Grim & Grave (with no new start mechanics) then forget it...

I don't know. I'd prefer no new start location since that means I'll be able to recruit the lord early and not have to deal with the game allocating skill points stupidly to the LLs.

Top Bottom