• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Total War Warhammer 2 |OT| Of Mice and Ratmen

Nere

Yeah I guess November would make more sense.

I could see Blood DLC (Oct), Mortal Empires (Nov), Regiments of Renown 1 (Dec), Free DLC (Jan) and so on. The 1 a month thing sounds very Creative assembly. But this is wild speculation.

Actually, I thought they confirmed a free DLC plan similar to the first's, but I can't find where I saw that now. So maybe it's just Mortal Empires.

Do you mean this picture?

https://cdn.creative-assembly.com/t...nt/uploads/2017/09/20145615/WH2_FLC_Array.png

karnage10

Banned
Yeah I guess November would make more sense.

I could see Blood DLC (Oct), Mortal Empires (Nov), Regiments of Renown 1 (Dec), Free DLC (Jan) and so on. The 1 a month thing sounds very Creative assembly. But this is wild speculation.

Actually, I thought they confirmed a free DLC plan similar to the first's, but I can't find where I saw that now. So maybe it's just Mortal Empires.

Maybe you saw the FLC plan on the OT? ;)

WH2_FLC_Array.png

We can clearly see that the first "FLC" is the mortal empires. I'd wage that the payed DLC will be the blood pack. this will be almost for sure october

In november it will probably be the lord pack, we know we have a skaven FLC so i expect the lord pack to be skaven vs lizardmen; Any warhammer fans know of rivalry between 2 LL from these 2 races?

December is the "problem", The FLC shows an experiment which i have no idea what it means. Logically it would make sense to release the lord pack of high elves versus dark elves.

January we will probably not get any payed DLC and just get a lord as FLC.

In february i'd wage for tomb kings + a new lord as FLC.

After that I have no idea.

This is my speculation, what do all of you think?

Anno

I think blood is confirmed free if you own it in the first game. My guess is it'll be implemented along with Mortal Empires.

After that I think they actually lead with the Tomb Kings since it'll be their biggest DLC opportunity for the game and it would be nice to get it out in time for the Christmas Steam sale. It's either that or a HE/DE lord pack IMO.

So there's supposed to be a 3rd entry in this series, right? Then are all factions/maps expected to be playable together? I can't remember where I saw the word for the third one?

This is my first TW game.

Violet_0

Banned
So there's supposed to be a 3rd entry in this series, right? Then are all factions/maps expected to be playable together? I can't remember where I saw the word for the third one?

This is my first TW game.

game 1 and 2 will be playable on a combined map "in a few weeks", when game 3 comes out you can can combine them all

Maybe you saw the FLC plan on the OT? ;)

WH2_FLC_Array.png

We can clearly see that the first "FLC" is the mortal empires. I'd wage that the payed DLC will be the blood pack. this will be almost for sure october

In november it will probably be the lord pack, we know we have a skaven FLC so i expect the lord pack to be skaven vs lizardmen; Any warhammer fans know of rivalry between 2 LL from these 2 races?

December is the "problem", The FLC shows an experiment which i have no idea what it means. Logically it would make sense to release the lord pack of high elves versus dark elves.

January we will probably not get any payed DLC and just get a lord as FLC.

In february i'd wage for tomb kings + a new lord as FLC.

After that I have no idea.

This is my speculation, what do all of you think?
Ugh, I didn't even think to check the OT (and forgot about that article mentioned earlier). Must've seen it in both. Thanks!

But for Regiments of Renown packs, I think I know the Dark Elf / High Elf one:
  1. Dark Elves: Malus Darkblade, Tyrant of Hag Graef. He is posssessed by a Daemon of Chaos. He'd slot nicely into the map at Hag Graef and maybe have some bonus with Norsca or Chaos units or something, not unlike Morathi.
  2. High Elves: Everqueen Alarielle the Radiant and her Handmaiden of the Everqueen heroes make a lot of sense. Not sure on extra stuff.
Name? The Dark and the Radiant.
Boom.

The Skaven lords are giving me some trouble though. The most prominent ones seem to be located in the Old World (if I'm reading the wiki right, anyways), which is making me wonder if they'll do something ambitious. Like... what if the Mortal Empires campaign reworks the Old World terrain and adds New World factions into it, like some Skaven clans? (Skyre and Moulder appear to be there, for example) I could see free DLC adding to that, although paid DLC seems like it'd have to affect the Vortex Campaign so I dunno...

Windam

Scaley member
on my Tyrion run I got to #1 strength rank super fast. Now everyone wants to be my military ally so they can declare war on another faction and goddammit stop trying to get me to break my existing military alliance to form one with you to take out my current ally why can't we all just be friends and all team up against the beastmen and orcs. The mod that lets you subjugate/liberate other factions is pretty cool. Managed to subjugate Aghol and then turn them on their only ally (Skaeling). They eventually seceded, the ungrateful dogs, but they remain at war with Skaeling. Now just let me intervene in other factions' affairs and end conflicts between them without wiping one off the map or absorbing them, dammit.

So I had a quest ambush battle against the Skaven. These fuckers murdered my frames; I was like getting like sub 20 fps against them. It even dropped into single digits are some points, lol. I ended up losing. It was mainly the bats that came later that fucked me over, plus I should have brought a larger army. I didn't completely lose any units, so it wasn't that big of a deal. I'll just get a bigger army and come back.

Got them that time, Swordmasters of Hoeth doing work.

ohyescoolgreat

Neo Member
The Skaven lords are giving me some trouble though. The most prominent ones seem to be located in the Old World (if I'm reading the wiki right, anyways), which is making me wonder if they'll do something ambitious. Like... what if the Mortal Empires campaign reworks the Old World terrain and adds New World factions into it, like some Skaven clans? (Skyre and Moulder appear to be there, for example) I could see free DLC adding to that, although paid DLC seems like it'd have to affect the Vortex Campaign so I dunno...

I could see something like Thanquol as the Skaven LL who has a start pos on Lustria with one of the existing Skaven factions there, and in Mortal Empires campaign starting in Skavenblight.

I feel like they'd put a 3rd DE LL somewhere else on the map for some variety - all of them starting off in the same spot kind of creates very similar feeling campaigns. I wouldn't be bothered by it but it would be good to play as DE surrounded by other races for a different type of challenge.

On the experiment FLC, people on reddit were saying that it could be something like not a full new faction but instead fleshing out existing factions to work better in the setting.

I think the best example was the Vampire Coast having the pirate models for some of their stuff and making them a playable faction. You'd start in the pirate coast obviously and play like normal undead, with Luther Harkon as your lord, most units are the same but some variations in models for pirate zombies/skeletons mostly and the lord himself has his special rules added. It's a low effort new faction but makes them unique and fits fine with the setting, and while it's an old race, it'd be "new" for owners of Warhammer 2 only.

I wouldn't mind something like that tbh. There were similar ideas for the Empire stuff but not sure I'd care enough about them, and it seems likely they'll add the southern stuff at some point as an actual DLC faction.

ElyrionX

Ugh, I didn't even think to check the OT (and forgot about that article mentioned earlier). Must've seen it in both. Thanks!

1. Dark Elves: Malus Darkblade, Tyrant of Hag Graef. He is posssessed by a Daemon of Chaos. He'd slot nicely into the map at Hag Graef and maybe have some bonus with Norsca or Chaos units or something, not unlike Morathi.
  2. High Elves: Everqueen Alarielle the Radiant and her Handmaiden of the Everqueen heroes make a lot of sense. Not sure on extra stuff.
Boom.

Hopefully Alarielle comes with Sisters of Avelorn which gives AP ranged capability to the HEs.

Violet_0

Banned
I could see something like Thanquol as the Skaven LL who has a start pos on Lustria with one of the existing Skaven factions there, and in Mortal Empires campaign starting in Skavenblight.

I feel like they'd put a 3rd DE LL somewhere else on the map for some variety - all of them starting off in the same spot kind of creates very similar feeling campaigns. I wouldn't be bothered by it but it would be good to play as DE surrounded by other races for a different type of challenge.

haven't unlocked Black Arks yet, do they function like cities and are permanent? There's a female DE pirate LL, they could give her a special Back Ark at the start somewhere far away on the map

haven't unlocked Black Arks yet, do they function like cities and are permanent? There's a female DE pirate LL, they could give her a special Back Ark at the start somewhere far away on the map

Well it depends on how many lords they're adding, but it seems unlikely they'll add anything before Malus Darkblade and Crone Hellebron though. And Black Arks aren't particularily well done to merit a LL based on one I'd think.

They can still start stuff away from their normal starting positions though, kinda like they did with the dwarf/greenskin DLC, although this time maybe they'll figure out how to move capitals. Can have Malus Darkblade stuck somewhere for whatever reason and trying to go back to Hag Graef and then Alarielle stuck somewhere else trying to get back to Avelorne. This would offer different starting points for current races even for lords that use otherwise "boring" starting points, since Avelorne and Hag Graef are literally next to Tyrion and Malekith starting points.

karnage10

Banned
On the experiment FLC, people on reddit were saying that it could be something like not a full new faction but instead fleshing out existing factions to work better in the setting.

I think the best example was the Vampire Coast having the pirate models for some of their stuff and making them a playable faction. You'd start in the pirate coast obviously and play like normal undead, with Luther Harkon as your lord, most units are the same but some variations in models for pirate zombies/skeletons mostly and the lord himself has his special rules added. It's a low effort new faction but makes them unique and fits fine with the setting, and while it's an old race, it'd be "new" for owners of Warhammer 2 only.

I wouldn't mind something like that tbh. There were similar ideas for the Empire stuff but not sure I'd care enough about them, and it seems likely they'll add the southern stuff at some point as an actual DLC faction.

While i wish CA would revamp those factions, i don't think they would release one so soon.

Did you play the previous game? if yes the black arks work like a horde that is "stuck" at sea.

I wish there was a way that I could give settlements that I sack/raze to my ally. Or just settlements that I own and want to give as a gift or part of strategy.

Playing as Teclis, at turn ~135, clearing out the Skaven scum from the south by my starting area, and I've become besties withe the blue dwarves (or humans?) to my right. He's a good meat shield against the lizards for me, and I clear out the Skaven that annoy him. I keep razing the settlements that Skaven are in, which my ally owns the capital for, and trying to get him to take them but he won't. I don't want to spread myself thin, I want to go smite the vampires that keep eyeballing me!

Bizazedo

There's a new interview about the Mortal Empires campaign, a bit of new info but not much https://www.totalwar.com/blog/mortal-empires-with-ian-roxburgh

The date that floated in another article about is Oct 26th, but Grace confirmed on reddit that this wasn't set in stone yet, that's just a date they're trying for but it could be later. At the very least it's unlikely it'd be earlier, so probably not anything until then.

I love how it's a blog on the official site and it contains a sentence that says -

Ian said:
We’ve been playtesting the shit out of every one of the 35 factions on all the difficulty settings, and I think we’ve got the balance in a good place.

Anno

For melee lords do people tend to focus first on yellow or red skills at level up? Starting a campaign as Kroc-Gar and it seems at least early levels are worth throwing into red skills to buff all your saurus and maybe save the personal skills until you get on your carnosaur.

Fitz

I almost always get the +10% movement range first, then go to the army buffs. But now that the max level is 40 (afaik) I'm probably going to start taking lighting strike first a lot more frequently.

For melee lords do people tend to focus first on yellow or red skills at level up? Starting a campaign as Kroc-Gar and it seems at least early levels are worth throwing into red skills to buff all your saurus and maybe save the personal skills until you get on your carnosaur.

I find the red skills to be more impactful in the long run. Most of the actual bonuses in the yellow tree are usually pretty small (outside of things like mounts and equipment) and how often do you really rely on your Lord's actual combat prowess to win a battle? Usually having one guy who can wreck anything is less valuable than having an entire army of guys who can wreck most things. The exception are mage lords, who you need to spend at least a few points in to get their spells.

Blue skills are kind of hit and miss but anything that reduces upkeep is usually worthwhile. Also, Lightning Strike is the secret best skill in the game, especially when fighting Skaven.

I find the red skills to be more impactful in the long run. Most of the actual bonuses in the yellow tree are usually pretty small (outside of things like mounts and equipment) and how often do you really rely on your Lord's actual combat prowess to win a battle? Usually having one guy who can wreck anything is less valuable than having an entire army of guys who can wreck most things. The exception are mage lords, who you need to spend at least a few points in to get their spells.

Blue skills are kind of hit and miss but anything that reduces upkeep is usually worthwhile. Also, Lightning Strike is the secret best skill in the game, especially when fighting Skaven.

I can somewhat agree with this, but that was until last night when my level 40 Noble with decent gear and yellow'd out (obviously since no red skills) was just ANNIHILATING clanrats by the hundreds like it was nbd. Then sent him to solo some warlock engineer, and he barely got a scratch on him.

I'm not sure if it's the same for Lords, but to me and depending on your army makeup, the red may be more beneficial especially if that lord has a perk that builds on the type bonus further.

I can somewhat agree with this, but that was until last night when my level 40 Noble with decent gear and yellow'd out (obviously since no red skills) was just ANNIHILATING clanrats by the hundreds like it was nbd. Then sent him to solo some warlock engineer, and he barely got a scratch on him.

I'm not sure if it's the same for Lords, but to me and depending on your army makeup, the red may be more beneficial especially if that lord has a perk that builds on the type bonus further.

The yellow line does have it's place; I like to use it on "back-up" armies I have assisting my main one. Like my current Mazdamundi campaign, he's tricked out with his spells and the red tree while I have a second army of just a Saurus Old-Blood, full yellow tree and a little wrecking crew of Saurus Warriors following him around and acting as a goon squad in battles. It works because I deliberately keep that second army small, but if it was bigger it'd be more cost efficient to use the red tree.

Same with blue, its got its place in the concept of a "bureaucratic" Lord who defends home and specs for public order and trade bonuses or a raider who gets the loot and raiding ones but the huge income hit you take on making new armies makes fielding a lot of lords very inefficient, thus making it necessary to have the few you do have ready to be as efficient as possible in terms of unit diversity and skills.

Pinktaco

So I had a quest ambush battle against the Skaven. These fuckers murdered my frames; I was like getting like sub 20 fps against them. It even dropped into single digits are some points, lol. I ended up losing. It was mainly the bats that came later that fucked me over, plus I should have brought a larger army. I didn’t completely lose any units, so it wasn’t that big of a deal. I’ll just get a bigger army and come back.

Got them that time, Swordmasters of Hoeth doing work.

my one swordmaster unit kille 1000+ rats in that battle. Insane :D

BibiMaghoo

Boom.

While I like Malus, I would be surprised if he was included given that would mean skipping over much longer established characters, such as Hellebron, Kouran and Tullaris, even Shadowblade. High elves kind of have opposite characters for the Dark elves, so who they include should match up to the DE character they chose. For example Caradryan is Tullaris counterpart, Eltharion for Kouran. Alith Anar for Shadowblade etc. If Alarielle is chosen for HE, the DE character will certainly be Hellebron.

The skaven lord will almost certainly be Thanquol, but if not then Ikit Claw should be present. I would love to see Lord Kroak make a landing for Lizardmen, but it will probably be prophet of sotek.

I'd also say their placement in the game seems to be for gameplay purposes only. If it was down to lore then Teclis would not be living in Lustria lol.

All of this doesn't matter though, because Tomb Kings are coming. All of Nehekara is present on this map.

Anno

Since units usually come with the Lord packs wouldn't that point towards Ikit probably being the DLC rat along with the gun units?

I also wonder what the experiment thing could be.

I think it's way more beneficial to buff armies than individuals. The red tree gives some pretty massive bonuses to leadership, damage, and armor for all your peeps which I think gives much better return. Then I put points in the blue for upkeep reduction, lightning strike, and movement. Some people like Queek also get a nice tree tailored to the character that I put some points in. Things to buff my Stormvermin. Now that the cap is 40 you can pretty much get whatever you want. For a spellcaster I'll get the spells I want, then back to the red/blue tree.

BibiMaghoo

Since units usually come with the Lord packs wouldn't that point towards Ikit probably being the DLC rat along with the gun units?

I also wonder what the experiment thing could be.

Since he has clan associated units and thanquol does not, yes.

Can Morthai inhabit that coastline to the West of her start position? Malekith cannot.

That and the Shrine of Khaine area seem like the best "gameplay" starts for a new Dark Elf faction, because there's unique buildings and they are really out of the way.

RE: lord skills, I go combat for LLs that are melee oriented, except in cases where I need Lightning Strike (e.g. vs. Skaven or Greenskins) or when using a spellcaster lord like Mazdamundi. I figure the situations where I am actually in combat, I will need that LL to be at their strongest. And for some lords, like Grimgor, they become absolute terrors on the battlefield with this focus. (Level 40 Grimgor will be a terror to behold.)

For regular lords the army tree and then Lightning Strike is generally my go-to. They're for back-up with worse units, generally, so I try to stop them from getting outnumbered.

Irony Strikes

Neo Member
Never played a TW game before, but wanted to give this a try. Ive tried a Lizardmen and Dark Elves campaign that both went really poorly after capturing the first province. Any advice on dealing with being invaded after capturing the first province?

For lord specs, I always do the same thing on Very Hard, blue line first until the end, the recruit rank thing is great, lightning strike is awesome for situations where the enemy stack armies, the reduced upkeep is basically necessary to make up for the penalty in VH/Legendary and can generally find some filler points in the first part of the tree that are good like ambush protection against Skaven or whatever.

After that I go red, because it has the most impact on your army overall performance. Max your main infantry and main ranged(or whatever else you're using, that'll depend), then I like getting a few of the 1pt super powerful red skills for units that are rank 7+.

Only after that I'll get yellow, since generally lords do good damage and stuff without any investment there.

I will grab mounts and other passives stuff earlier when they unlock.

As for spells, depends a bit on the lord. I'll generally try to get 2 spells, as having only one makes it tough to actually use your winds of power efficiently. I'll get these before blue lines generally speaking, then blue line, then either more spells or army depending on the lord. For example on Skrolk I went for spells first, since they're a lot more impactful for your army, especially since I was running a lot of slaves which don't benefit from the red line anyway.

ElyrionX

For LLs, I max out combat skills, ie. yellow lines before moving on to the red and blue lines. In general, I find blue line skills to be the best, due to better campaign map bonuses. But campaign map advantages can be found elsewhere and I prefer to see my LLs smash face on the battlefield.

Violet_0

Banned
Never played a TW game before, but wanted to give this a try. Ive tried a Lizardmen and Dark Elves campaign that both went really poorly after capturing the first province. Any advice on dealing with being invaded after capturing the first province?

position your army next to the settlement you suspect is going to be attacked (in the circle). This way you get the extra units from the city garrison and still can run away if the odds are very unfavorable. Though at the start of the game, you can't really afford to lose a settlement anyway. My building order priority for minor settlements is public order (when necessary) > economy > walls, though on lower difficulty levels public order is less an issue. Destroy duplicate unit recruitment buildings and other buildings you don't need to make room

in the first 2-3 turns of a campagin, recruit units for your lord's army. Sword & shield infantry is the best option at the beginning, since they counter both spears and ranged and there are no large targets yet

for combat, use pause and slow mode a lot so you can micromanage the battle and get the best positioning. I and a few other people posted some combat advice and general campaign tipps on the last 2-3 pages, if you want to look that up

---

the red skill tree is usually way better than the yellow stat improvements. I mostly just grab the armor and defense and health buffs, because the lords and heroes are killy enough with just their basic stats and the boni often aren't significant, and in battle they perform the role of tank & spank

ISee

Hard to say without knowing what went down for you. As a new comer.
- Don't expand to fast. Concentrate on building up a solid foundation and on stabilizing your first territories (happiness, income) before moving out on a grand scale.
- diplomacy, not breaking agreements, not trespassing for no reason is important.
- Giving orders on the battle field is key to victory, don't relax and just watch. You can even slow down or pause a battle if things happen to fast for you.
- take your time to move/position your troops on the battlefield. Flanking, attacks into the rear are devastating.
- never let your general die.
- learn from your mistakes. Loosing in the first couple of rounds can happen, it's not a big deal. Especially if you are new to the game, just start a new campaign. Nothing beats gaining experience through failure.

Nothing like a desperate intervention at turn, like, 30.

I just reloaded and waited a few more turns. Didn't happen the next time.
+15% global unit upkeep :-/

Yeah... two armies can work super early, but you need a way to expand your economy ASAP. Having a positive economy to expand infrastructure early on is critical to midgame success.

Violet_0

Banned
Yeah... two armies can work super early, but you need a way to expand your economy ASAP. Having a positive economy to expand infrastructure early on is critical to midgame success.
I try to maximize income in the early game, until I get caught up in a difficult war or two or three, and only then recruit a second (permanent) lord. It's annoying to have no gold to upgrade your cities, but fighting constantly can actually yield more gold than just the passive income. I really like the DE because of this, decent economy + loot boni + slaves. Probably my favorite faction so far

Mattdaddy

Gold Member
I don’t really get the Black Arks. So you have this big stack of units floating around the ocean.... but to what end? Can they attack cities? Other than supporting land battles with the bombardments, I don’t get the point. When I was playing as high elves though the AI built tons of them. Am i missing something? Why would you care about building them?

I'm really enjoying the Lizardmen (as Hexaotl) but man I didn't realise how bad they were at moving through their own jungles, or how susceptible they were to Skaven ambushes. Their units and infrastructure are very strong, but they take a while to get going.

I didn't realise all the parallels they had with Dwarves. Dwarves without the Underway, though... kinda rough.
I don't really get the Black Arks. So you have this big stack of units floating around the ocean.... but to what end? Can they attack cities? Other than supporting land battles with the bombardments, I don't get the point. When I was playing as high elves though the AI built tons of them. Am i missing something? Why would you care about building them?

They allow reinforcement and recruitment, like a settlement, except in any territory. Plus they give support spells to allied armies in range. Which means Dark Elves have the unique ability to conquer/raid far-off lands. And there is some benefit to recruiting on them--added units give them better defense, but can also transfer to another seabound army for instant reinforcements.

The drawback is that they count as another lord (with the upkeep increase that entails.) and need a rite to recruit.

GRaider81

Anyone having problems with this since yesterday's win10 update?

When i try and load a game it just crashes, which seems to be a common problem but also people reporting massive performance drops since update too

Fitz

Anyone having problems with this since yesterday's win10 update?

When i try and load a game it just crashes, which seems to be a common problem but also people reporting massive performance drops since update too

Yeah I was having that issue this morning after I had updated last night. Uninstalling the Windows update got everything working again.

RPS has a new interview with CA regarding the Mortal Empires campaign, and there's three big things revealed:

1) Mortal Empires releases October 26, 2017. Free for owners of both games. (There is no mention of restricting available lords in Mortal Empires, so presumably all 35 are available so long as you own both games.)

2) Each faction has their own victory conditions (no Vortex stuff):
Lead Designer Jim Whitson said:
So each of the races has got individual victory conditions that are tailored to the flavour of that race which again keys back into the lore, and amongst those victory conditions there are ones that will encourage the player not to turtle in their starting area but to go out and experience the world so they go out into contact with all those many many races there.
3) The New World map has been shrunk, to prevent players from spending their entire game in there:
Game Director Ian Roxburgh said:
So what we've done is we've reduced the actual scales and size of the map for the New World part of the map, but it's still as rich in content, it's still got loads and loads of regions to capture. But it's not as vast as the Vortex map was itself if you follow me. So it's designed to bring the Lizardmen and the High Elves into a bigger world more in terms of gameplay and to keep the whole thing under control. But the whole map is still way bigger than anything we've done and it's cram-packed full of everything. All the DLC we've done, for one. And there's 35 starting position, so you can play 35 different campaigns and when you consider how massive an investment a time each individual one of those is.

Also, that interview over at totalwar.com confirms some new start positions (Teclis at the Star Tower, Queek is near the World's Edge Mountains). Old World LLs are the same, but they have altering them on their wish list.

There's also a partial shot of a Mortal Empires map:

Prepare for a world of waaghcraft.

tenor.gif

Seriously, that's a big ass map. The 26th can't come fast enough. Here I was excited for Destiny 2. Nah, I'm going to be playing this instead.

Anno

The consternation over the slightly redacted map over at Reddit and the official forums is pretty annoying. And the people wanting the continents to be a "realistic" distance from each other are even crazier - who wants to spend more time on a boat?

Forgot to mention, the New World races will still have their rites (but no rituals). It is considered part of their unique traits.
The consternation over the slightly redacted map over at Reddit and the official forums is pretty annoying. And the people wanting the continents to be a "realistic" distance from each other are even crazier - who wants to spend more time on a boat?
CA has the right approach; they mention numerous times they're balancing it for gameplay first. Which is good because yeah, the boat stuff is something that happens in the periphery--it should never be the focus of a campaign. (And I can't imagine how difficult it will be to make landfall on a new continent in this one, with all the factions flying around or blobbing up. The situation can already change so fast!)

I'm also pretty sure (e.g. I can't find the quote where) they mention that the Mortal Empires map will slot right into the third game's combined map (which I am still calling Immortal Empires), so they're probably thinking ahead in terms of turn length and playability. Gotta give those Chaos Lords some room, y'know.

I do kinda wish the map was to scale, but I that's just my lizard brain screaming "MOAR, NEVER LESS!" (It enjoys idle games a lot.) Mortal Empires is gonna be a blast.

Top Bottom