• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trends you hope die soon

Call me a racist against extremists (centrist), but I feel all this backlash regarding trends is about how people (monkey tribes) are taking things too far.
Also the ease of flow of information is allowing various interest groups to fuel hatred and antagonism between people. I see this in the West (identity politics) and in the East (HK protests).

Last edited:

Wings 嫩翼翻せ

so it's not nice
"tfw no gf"
"get topped"
"how can I find a gf?"
"I'm prime autism"/"I'm autistic as fuck"/sperg/etc -- this one gets a solid eyeroll

pretty much any 4ch/reddit jargon that is repeatedly posted in every thread

also, something that gets me EVERY SINGLE DAY at work (and at my current place there are 98% women) is people who use "literally" in every sentence. Not even kidding, today this one chick said it three times in one sentence. Do you really need to, fam?

Last edited:

Karma Jawa

The trend I desperately hope to die out is the polarising of politics in the West.

A person can defend women, homosexuals being marginalised, and ethnic minorities getting a raw deal without that person being ‘woke’ or ‘triggered’ or a ‘snowflake’.

Equally a person can question excessive pandering to minorities, over-compensating, obvious virtue signalling, and the implied guilt of having been born a certain gender or shade of skin without that person being called a redneck, a fascist, privileged, or bigoted.

Of course there are extremes on both ‘sides’ that live up to those stereotypes, but I genuinely think that most people exist somewhere in the middle. I’d call myself left-centre (in UK terms) and I still find it odd that words like ‘progressive’ have taken on such a negative meaning due to those that push so far to the extremes of the left. There’s nothing progressive about alienating millions of people that just want to get along without all the ‘isms’ and cheap labelling.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
season passes
corporate bootlickers
ironic gamers/nerds ect ect
whiteknights
outrage culture
sjw warrirors
femcels
incels
gymcels