• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump, against all evidence, still believes the Central Park 5 are guilty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
A group of five teenage boys who were in the park at the time and who may have been involved in committing other crimes were arrested for the assault. After extended questioning over two days -- during which the suspects claim they were deprived of sleep and food -- police say they confessed to the crime. None acknowledged actually raping the victim, instead pointing fingers at the others.

The viciousness of the crime, which came in the midst of New York's crack epidemic and a spiraling crime rate, coupled with the fact that the victim was white and four of the suspects were black and one was Latino, added to the city's racial tensions.

Two weeks after the attack, Donald Trump took out full-page ads in four of the city's newspapers with the blaring headline, "Bring Back The Death Penalty. Bring Back Our Police!"

There were no witnesses to the attack. The victim had no memory of it, and DNA evidence was in its infancy and was not presented at the trial. The five youths were convicted almost exclusively on their confessions, which they testified were coerced by detectives.

In 2002, another man, a convicted rapist and murderer, confessed to the assault, and his DNA did match semen that was found on the victim. No DNA evidence has been found to tie any of the Central Park 5 to the crime.

The Central Park 5 were exonerated, and in 2014, New York paid them a $41 million settlement.

But Trump still is not buying their innocence.

"They admitted they were guilty," Trump said this week in a statement to CNN's Miguel Marquez. "The police doing the original investigation say they were guilty. The fact that that case was settled with so much evidence against them is outrageous. And the woman, so badly injured, will never be the same."

Note: Trump is a white supremacist who thinks that black people are constantly raping white women and should be killed.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/06/politics/reality-check-donald-trump-central-park-5/index.html

Lkr

Does he not have Netflix? The documentary on there did a pretty good job summarizing how fucked up everything around this was. Of course they do shame Trump in it so he probably refuses to acknowledge its existence

something something bengazhi, something something emails, something something what the hell do you have to lose black people, something something democratic welfare plantation, something.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
What a fucking asshole, but I am not surprised he doesn't really care about the DNA evidence or anything related to getting these kids out of prison.

My mom actually knows one of the CP5, so this pisses her off like no other issue.

It should piss anyone off like no other.

Man can't even hold an L properly with those tiny hands.

The fact that years later he's still trying to slander these people shows his character is deplorable.

Gigglepoo

Does he not have Netflix? The documentary on there did a pretty good job summarizing how fucked up everything around this was. Of course they do shame Trump in it so he probably refuses to acknowledge its existence

I have Netflix! What's the name of the documentary?

Snaku

Banned
The fact that that case was settled with so much evidence against them is outrageous

Didn't he brag about settling that housing discrimination suit "with no admission of guilt" in the first debate?

Trump only recognizes his own settlements that don't admit guilt.

It sounds like he thinks the settlement was to get them exhonorated and not for the wrongful imprisonment. But yeah. Trump settled so much from guilt he can't separate the two.

But remember he always wins and never settles.

Hilary has to bring this up. People talk about how the birther movement was his original hit against black people but this is why I've hated this piece of shit since day 1

I want Trump to finally be hit over the head with this because he literally called for the execution of innocent teenagers who had their lives ruined by a racist police system. It encapsulates so much of what is wrong with policing and Trump today as well.

BriGuy

Trump also has the full-throated endorsement of the Fraternal Order of Police and backs legislation that makes attacking a police officer (no word yet on what constitutes an attack) a hate crime.

Trump also has the full-throated endorsement of the Fraternal Order of Police and backs legislation that makes attacking a police officer (no word yet on what constitutes an attack) a hate crime.
Do they know they're being recorded? If not, in some cases it will be for asking questions like "why am I being stoped?"

Ducarmel

He just cant admit he is wrong on anything no matter what. edit: If Hillary brings it up all Trump would do is stick to the fact they confessed even though its understood the confession was coerced I doubt he would say more beyond that.

Reminds me of that one similar incident in Chicago (Dixmoor 5). The Chicago DA that believes a group of teen boys raped and killed a girl despite the real rapist being found and no DNA evidence from the boys could be found.

She even one-ups Trump, Trump is hanging on the confession, She actually believes the boys raped/killed the girl left no DNA and the real rapist/killer came after and had sex with her dead corpse leaving his DNA behind.

BADMAN

Stop.....his black support can't go any lower without becoming a blckhole

If he drives black support so low that it goes into the negatives then the laws of physics will push the percentages back around to 100%. At least that seems to be his plan with his women support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom