• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump: "Freedom Caucus will hurt the entire Republican agenda" "Must fight them"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foffy

Banned
The Freedom Caucus is the best thing to happen to the GOP.

Their sociopathy can no longer be coded in fancy, manipulative rhetoric. People saw how hateful these people got when it came to the AHCA and they couldn't normalize that.

Let the Freedom Caucus eat the GOP alive.

So while this infighting is happening the Bernie and Obama/Hillary crowds have realized their fighting is pointless and are ready to vote for whoever can stop this madness right?

That would take self awareness for a lot of people. It's far more than possible but as we've seen, people are irrational and have to buy in on an emotional level, even if superficially. Logic means jackshit to a significant amount but hey, whether it's anger or determination, hopefully the center and left of center factions can hold hands long enough to get the right thing done. There's more in common than not.

It's a shame because he really has the power through Twitter and other forms of media to clean up this mess. If only the GOP would support a conservative version of universal health care. It's ok that losers like Paul Ryan don't want to work with the Democrats and believe in patient-centered care. However, the AHCA harms patients that are most at risk from the top killers. Non-starter bill and needs to be thrown out.

In no universe does Trump have that power.

The audience he has cultivated won't go for it. Trump's Twitter persona is all about tearing things down through emotional appeals and oversimplification. To do what you suggest, Trump would need to build something through an appeal to logic and an acknowledgement that the subject is nuanced.

Trump doesn't posses the capability to make that argument and his audience doesn't have the capability to accept it.

So what exactly prompted Trump's Thursday afternoon Twitter storm against the Freedom Caucus? It seems a bit of out of nowhere, I thought they were trying to get back on good terms to make a symbolic attempt to replace & repeat Obamacare. I wonder what happened behind the scenes that caused Trump to lash out them openly again.

So what exactly prompted Trump's Thursday afternoon Twitter storm against the Freedom Caucus? It seems a bit of out of nowhere, I thought they were trying to get back on good terms to make a symbolic attempt to replace & repeat Obamacare. I wonder what happened behind the scenes that caused Trump to lash out them openly again.

The Freedom Caucus is about to cause a government shutdown.

johnsmith

remember me
They were on cable news all day and he got jealous.

I'm not joking

The official added that Trump and White House aides are “sick and tired” of seeing Freedom Caucus members on television in recent days.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/powe...783e38-154e-11e7-ada0-1489b735b3a3_story.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom