• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump picks Reince Priebus as Chief of Staff, Steve Bannon as senior advisor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
This sounds like the same kind of dangerously cynical strategizing as the Clinton's campaign choice of Trump as a Pied Piper candidate.

Any Democrats who think that way should not have any power in the party.

Yeah "hoping" for the right thing to happen to employ your SUPER STRATEGY is just dumb. You should be prepared for literally every outcome.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I've combed through their article archive as well, and read some of the more controversial pieces. I have found nothing that shows that Bannon himself, or even Breitbart for that matter, are actually racist. I am a card carrying liberal who voted for Hillary, but COME ON people. Give me something other than hearsay and baseless accusations to work on.
https://twitter.com/splcenter/status/797937732530110464

Read all of this chain of tweets

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
You guys have to understand one thing about Trump, one of the qualities he values the most is loyalty so it doesn't surprise one bit Priebus and Bannon are in for the new administration, even tough Bannon is racist. With that said having Bannon in the white house bat shit fucking insane, like god damn.

Scrooged

Totally wronger about Nintendo's business decisions.
You guys have to understand one thing about Trump, one of the qualities he values the most is loyalty so it doesn't surprise one bit Priebus and Bannon are in for the new administration, even tough Bannon is racist. With that said having Bannon in the white house bat shit fucking insane, like god damn.

What's really crazy is that Priebus is the kind of establishment republican that Bannon hates. We've already heard about the in-fighting within Trump's campaign. If that continues into his presidency then...I don't know what could happen.

Steve Bannon in 2014:
"I’m a Leninist. Lenin wanted to destroy the state, and that’s my goal too. I want to bring everything crashing down, and destroy all of today’s establishment.”

Orayn

Guys, I'm sure he meant all those blatantly racist, sexist, homophobic, and transphobic statements as completely the opposite of what he literally said.

ZERO. EVIDENCE. WHATSOEVER.

More like he's filling it up with gasoline and setting it on fire.

Nope, just reading the evidence. I'm left at where I began; do I necessarily ascribe to the publisher the views of the writers? Especially when the man admits that he is pandering for personal, financial gain? I'm not too sure I can at this point, but I am debating that one elsewhere. I think there are plenty of other reasons to be concerned about Bannon; state ran media, the guy is opportunistic at beast and preys on humanity's darkest nature, etc. Am I ready to call him a racist? I don't think I am, yet.

I'm honestly terrified about Bannon. I legitimately don't know what's going to happen to my community here with this extreme and fundamentalist Islamophobe in power. It's going to be very bad.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Reminds me of that time where people really seriously wondered if Dylan Roof was a racist who was racially motivated. "He's just mentally ill, it has nothing to do with race"

Reince seems like a pretty capable guy. He did good things for the RNC and is well liked by republicans. He has worked to balance the two sides of the party. Hopefully that helps him work with the other side of the isle.

Just looks like a typical shitty news site, but I saw some of the previous posts talking about him. Hard to tell when GAF is over reacting since anything Republican is the devil here.

End result; Breitbart publishes inciteful news that is intended to appeal to the "alt-right". So the question you must ask yourself; is a man bad because he appeals to bad people for financial gain? Does that disqualify them from high office?

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
https://twitter.com/ChrisEvans/status/797962064438267904

zE62xmS.jpg

This guy is pure garbage.

~Kinggi~

Banned
End result; Breitbart publishes inciteful news that is intended to appeal to the "alt-right". So the question you must ask yourself; is a man bad because he appeals to bad people for financial gain? Does that disqualify them from high office?

like, what the hell is even this question. I cant even tell anymore what is parody. what is wrong with people!

lol man Captain America is gonna become Captain America

MoxManiac

Did you even read the tweets people posted for you?

Corpekata

Banned
I'm just asking questions about this topic I know nothing about but have a surprisingly strong opinion already formed in record time.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Just looks like a typical shitty news site, but I saw some of the previous posts talking about him. Hard to tell when GAF is over reacting since anything Republican is the devil here.
Yeah if you think that GAF has it out for all republican values, you are way off base. Now if you think GAF is against Republican values that want to keep minorities, women, homosexuals, etc down. Then you may have a point.

Somebody has to say something about this to Trump, right? Otherwise the GOP will have him out by next year.
What? Trump knows who this guy is.

Anarky

Banned

My ability to tell what's parody and what's real is officially dead.

Woorloog

Banned
I'm just asking questions about this topic I know nothing about but have a surprisingly strong opinion already formed in record time.

Sounds very familiar... where have i seen this before... ah, yes, the basic GamerGater tactic, ie alt-righter tactic.

Naudi

Banned
Yeah if you think that GAF has it out for all republican values, you are way off base. Now if you think GAF is against Republican values that want to keep minorities, women, homosexuals, etc down. Then you may have a point.

In my experience GAF is against Republicans of any kind. To the point where if someone admitted to voted rep on even 1 out of 10 local races they were questioned about it. But this is ot so I'll drop it.

This dude does indeed look like a nut job.

This seems like an irrelevant distinction to make. What does it matter?

Are you trolling right now?

Nanashrew

Banned

Brietbart has been known to target people and send its users after people. They're good at dogwhistling. They also don't care about your safety and will doxx you as well. They legitimately have no ethics and pursue news in the most appalling of ways that is harmful to everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom