• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Turbo Overkill Episode 2: Hands-On With a 500fps Boomer Shooter

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Get a breakdown of Turbo Overkill's new Endless Mode update, available now on PC via Steam Early Access.

Turbo Overkill's Endless Mode update brings customizable matches to the cyberpunk boomer shooter game, allowing you to choose your own difficulty and how enemies spawn.

Beginning with only Johnny’s trusty Magnums, Waster Shotgun, and Chainsaw Leg, fight for survival while progressing through multiple arenas with only one life to spare. Cleanse the neon-lit wastelands for loot, and exchange blood-soaked coins for exotic weaponry.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

The neon-lit dystopia known as Paradise has been overrun by Syn, an all-seeing artificial intelligence indiscriminately assimilating all life and technology to the point of extinction. Take control of Johnny Turbo as he embarks on a gun-laden quest to purge his planet of Syn’s scourge.

Turbo Overkill: The Final Episode kicks destruction into overdrive with five new Syn-enhanced, ability-boosting augments: paint the town red with dual chainsaw arms, and rev up fresh carnage with the addition of a second chainsaw leg. Rain down street-cleansing firepower from new heights with the addition of triple jump and wall slides, and fast-travel with speed boosts and Syntech portals, helping Johnny warp across the map with ease.

Slay a fresh batch of brainwashed baddies in The Final Episode, Part 1 with new cybernetic monstrosities roaming the blood-soaked streets (and skies… and… space!?). Prepare for mayhem as Jacked Junkies, dinosaur-like Mortars, and massive four-legged Clops equipped with chainsaw spears wreaking havoc and destruction across the war-ravaged planet of Paradise. If that wasn’t enough, bloodthirsty clones of Maw, Johnny’s arch nemesis (voiced by Gianna Matragrano), will stop at nothing in pursuit of decimating whatever remaining shreds of humanity he has left.

Buggy Loop

Restarted my play

Just got to episode 2 tonight and holy fuck, so good. The music, the colors the weapons. This game blows my mind so far and i know i'm not even close to unlocking all the cool stuffs.

How come this game is soooo good? I think i prefer it over Doom 2016.

simpatico

Waited for the 1.0 release to buy this one and HOLYSHIT. What a game! I was mixed on the demo, but the full game is one that I have a hard time putting down! I stayed up hours after my normal bed time last night doing "just one more level". They really fucking nailed it. Anyone who liked the demo a little but wasn't sold should really check this out. The price cannot be beat, and you can always return it if it doesn't click. This will be high on my GOTY list this year. We are in a boomer shooter renaissance. HROT, Trepang2, Turbo Overkill, Boltgun etc. Almost to the point that I don't need AAA games. This comes from someone who was VERY jaded on indie stuff only a year ago.

Top Bottom