• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Turtle Rock Studios adds Denuvo DRM to PC release of Back 4 Blood a week before launch

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

L1YIIAg.png

K8LkeIl.png

Kinda fucked really

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Denuvo does work so 🙃
But feel free to ignore this release
No issues here at all after the beta 😎

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
idk how it's kinda fucked for them to add denuvo.
Mostly because it's been up for pre-order for months, so there are likely a lot of people that have pre-ordered and haven't checked the store page recently and will get blindsided by this. Game performance will likely be much worse than the betas.

Thankfully Steam has a good refund policy, especially for pre-orders.

Sleepwalker

It's not like people are going to pirate a game that relies heavily on its online multiplayer experience. Poor decision.

elliot5

Mostly because it's been up for pre-order for months, so there are likely a lot of people that have pre-ordered and haven't checked the store page recently and will get blindsided by this. Game performance will likely be much worse than the betas.

Thankfully Steam has a good refund policy, especially for pre-orders.
the people that get bothered by it will find out and refund it, otherwise nbd.

I also don't buy into the denuvo trashes performance hysteria and people like to use it as a scapegoat 🤷‍♂️ kind of a non issue anyway

Don't pre-order games.

least us console peasants will have some good games before the masterace turns up in 2 weeks when its either cracked or patched out due to performance issues

MrFunSocks

Banned

Basically, it adds jank, stutter and cpu overhead towards PC games.
That link has denuvo specifically saying it does nothing of the sort. It doesn’t make sense that it would either.

Is this on PC Game Pass as well as console? If so I might download it and give it a go just to see if it has any issues.

jigglet

Banned
You'd think after how poorly Evolve went, Turtle Rock would have hired a PR manager this time around to soften this type of stuff.

Haggard

Banned
Judging from the last beta that game has more severe issues than a troublesome DRM. The whole design felt more archaic than the original decade old L4D....

Goalus

Does this apply to the Microsoft Store version as well?

STARSBarry

Gold Member
I don't understand why they are worried about piracy, the beta was more than enough for people to realise it's not worth wasting your time to download for free.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
Did you even read article? Capcom had their own DRM as well as denuvo. Denuvo claim that they have tested with and without their DRM and it doesn't affect it at all.

Company investigates its own product and find that its own product has no negatives what so ever...

Meanwhile

When RE2 accidentally released a client without denuvo at launch people noticed a drastic performance diffrences between the two versions despite otherwise being identical...

Despite denuvo for years stating that there DRM had no impact on preformance...

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM...

They even state there internal benchmarks show no diffrence, can they show these benchmarks in any detail? No because that would be breaking the agreement with publishers as there sworn to secrecy. But just take there word for it and not the actual real world examples which strangely when put side to side show impacts to performance, its those which are lies...

Last edited:
From what I've read, this game will not support mods. No way this game will have the same legs as Left 4 Dead. Will play on Game Pass for a bit and move on.

MiguelItUp

What is the fucking point? It only hurts the customers.
Right? Always gets cracked and affects the performance. Doesn't make sense to me at all.

I originally thought this game was gonna be alright. But man, it doesn't even hold a candle to L4D 1&2, it's such a hollow inspiration in so many ways.

MrFunSocks

Banned
At cost of making it bad for honest people supporting it? What kinda of stupid logic is that?
It doesn’t “make it bad” lol.

What performance impact does denuvo have on back 4 blood, since I assume you’ve already got it?

People saying it doesn’t work need to step back and think - if it doesn’t work, why does everyone keep using it? Hint: it does what the publishers want. They don’t care if it’s cracked 2 months after release because the majority of their sales have already been made.

Last edited:
Top Bottom