• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TV Shows You've Watched Lately |OT| - 2021

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
Don't lie you're only watching it due to Melissa Benoist ๐Ÿ‘€ ๐Ÿ‘€ ๐Ÿ‘€ ๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ‘€

melissa benoist supergirl GIF by VIASAT3

CW shows basically exist for people to masturbate to. Smallville is basically a parade of pretty people with no substance but I love it.

GreenAlien

Alex Rider S3 "shadow dropped" on me this month an amazon freevee, a shame the show has been cancelled. There are quite a few books left to adapt.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
I don't usually do serial anime, but I decided to fire up Delicious in Dungeon and half-watch it while I worked last week. At first it seemed lame, though I appreciate how they earnestly committed to a world that operated like dungeon diver video game.

By the time the first episode wrapped I was hooked. One part love letter to RPG's of certain genres, one part cooking show, one part D&D monster manual. Also genuinely funny with some of the best voice acting in animation that I have personally heard.

Strong 4/5 so far. I am sure that if I loved anime of this fashion it would be a 5/5.

DAHGAMING

Gold Member
Masters of the Air and Tokyo Vice s02 , good decent series. Just started Sexy Beast, started good gives an incite to how the characters end up how they are in the film.

Sugar seems good on Apple TV.

I am also just starting Fallout, which seems good.

Also, if you have not seen The Food That Built America, easily one of the best shows on tv.

bitbydeath

Watched Euphoria seasons one and two.
It was OK, the writing is a bit all over the place as plots get started and then fizzle out incomplete and donโ€™t get brought back up. It has nothing on Skins (UK), or Inbetweeners (UK), or Fresh Meat (UK), probably a bunch of other dramas as well.

RaduN

Finished season 5 of Yellowstone (at least i think i did, is it more than 8 episodes?)

For all the publicity it got, it's really a mediocre show overall.
Some of the actors are doing ok-ish with the material given, but the writing is all over the place, ranging from eye rolling to downright terrible. Most sub-plots are useless redundant shit that add zero to the story.
The one redeeming...well, two factors, are the vistas and the country music. Those are really nice and those beautiful nature shots really put things in perspective.

6/10 for the nature mostly.

Valonquar

The Capture

If you can turn off your brain when they gloss over insane levels of magical "hacking" this is a good 2 season episode of Black Mirror. Great cast. The 2nd season is better than the first.

clarky

Gold Member
Fuckign hell, watching Baby Reindeer on netflix.

Ill be dammed 99% of Netflix is total shite but this shit is the most fucked up thing ive seen since the Deerhunter. Godbless this guy.

Yerd

I'm not a big anime fan, but I watched/still watch( because it's still airing) Delicious In Dungeon on Netflix. I absolutely love this show. The first 13 episodes have 2 different songs for the credits. 1 for intro and 1 for end credits, the end credit song is so good. Then episode 14 and on changes both songs to completely new, and objectively worse songs. I don't know what that's all about. Still love the show, but I used to actually sit through the end credits to hear the song. No more.

I started watching Under the Dome on paramount. I got through most of the first season, until they get to a point where this dumb broad suffers from insulin withdrawal and wanders into the road where a guy swerves to avoid her and rams into the water tower, taking out their water supply.

I just had enough of the shit. Every 5 minutes it's a new fucking fiasco which leads to some other horse shit shenanigans. I'm going to look up the synopsis on wikipedia and read the rest of the seasons.

I had the paramount sub for Halo, which I only just finished the other day. Forgot all about the last episode.

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
I'm eight years late, but I started Westworld yesterday. Only two episodes in. Love it so far. I hear it goes off the deep end later but whatever. I'll keep watching for now.

Bro that shit is predictive programming at it's finest.

I missed out on the last 2 a 3 seasons when HBO took it down but holy shit.

There's so much subtext when viewed from a particular perspective.

jbtZ2kF.jpeg
KENPgx6.jpeg

Enjoy ๐ŸŒŸ

Printing biological carriers with a pre programmed AI narrative that comes aware.. lmao

HBO be like aight we showed you now forget it's in your subconscious ๐Ÿคฃ

Last edited:

Grildon Tundy

Gold Member
Bro that shit is predictive programming at it's finest.

I missed out on the last 2 a 3 seasons when HBO took it down but holy shit.

There's so much subtext when viewed from a particular perspective.

jbtZ2kF.jpeg
KENPgx6.jpeg

Enjoy ๐ŸŒŸ

Printing biological carriers with a pre programmed AI narrative that comes aware.. lmao

HBO be like aight we showed you now forget it's in your subconscious ๐Ÿคฃ
True story: I was deep into the rabbit hole on the concept of predictive programming when Westworld first aired and it's the main reason I didn't watch it at that time lol

But now I just finished the Fallout show, saw Jonathan Nolan was also behind Westworld, and dove on in.

clarky

Gold Member
I'm eight years late, but I started Westworld yesterday. Only two episodes in. Love it so far. I hear it goes off the deep end later but whatever. I'll keep watching for now.
Love the first season, but I dropped off it hard half way through season 2, tried to pick it up again, but god damn what pile of shite it turned into.

Shame as the first season had promise.

Last edited:

Sonik

How low are people's standards nowadays? I've watched 5 episodes of Fallout and it's just decent, characters are just decent, the plot is decent and the CGI look good and that's it. People will hype anything that isn't terribly boring Hollywood slop nowadays

Grildon Tundy

Gold Member
How low are people's standards nowadays? I've watched 5 episodes of Fallout and it's just decent, characters are just decent, the plot is decent and the CGI look good and that's it. People will hype anything that isn't terribly boring Hollywood slop nowadays
It's my favorite video game adaptation to date. You say "decent", I say a cut above most things I've watched. The aspects you mentioned aren't on the level of what I'd consider the best-ever TV (Breaking Bad, Better Call Saul, and True Detective Season 1), but it's doing those things well and it's based on one of my favorite video game series. If it wasn't tied into Fallout and was an original IP, I wouldn't like it nearly as much as I do. But it is and I do. My two cents.

What TV would you say is the best ever?

Last edited:

Sonik

It's my favorite video game adaptation to date. You say "decent", I say a cut above most things I've watched. The aspects you mentioned aren't on the level of what I'd consider the best-ever TV (Breaking Bad, Better Call Saul, and True Detective Season 1), but it's doing those things well and it's based on one of my favorite video game series. If it wasn't tied into Fallout and was an original IP, I wouldn't like it nearly as much as I do. But it is and I do. My two cents.

What TV would you say is the best ever?

Some of the ones you mentioned are great TV, hell even former controversial shows like Lost are far better than this just for the characters alone. The problem is the show can't even compete with Jonathan Nolan's better stuff, Westworld season 1 and Person of Interest was leagues better than this, this is more comparable with season 2 of Westworld where the characters start to become pointless and the plot just drags on

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
True story: I was deep into the rabbit hole on the concept of predictive programming when Westworld first aired and it's the main reason I didn't watch it at that time lol

But now I just finished the Fallout show, saw Jonathan Nolan was also behind Westworld, and dove on in.

Awesome. Enjoy friend.

Watched 20 min of FallOut and turned it off after the naked raider scene. Got bored pretty fast.

Is it worthy for another chance in your opinion?

I've played 3 and 4.

Last edited:

bitbydeath

Love the first season, but I dropped off it hard half way through season 2, tried to pick it up again, but god damn what pile of shite it turned into.

Shame as the first season had promise.
Season 2 is the biggest drop in quality ever seen in a TV show, luckily season one works just fine as a standalone series.

Erebus

Fuckign hell, watching Baby Reindeer on netflix.

Ill be dammed 99% of Netflix is total shite but this shit is the most fucked up thing ive seen since the Deerhunter. Godbless this guy.
It's brilliant, I didn't have any expectations even after hearing all the buzz but I was pleasantly surprised.

It's brilliant, I didn't have any expectations even after hearing all the buzz but I was pleasantly surprised.
Yeah i've watched this with my gf in one sitting lmao it was this good. Honestly felt sorry for this guy, and ending was a nice callback to everything...

On the other hand, am I the only one who dropped shogun after 4-5 episodes?
It felt so boring to me, couldnt get into characters at all, ofc main character ended up making out with translator sama too xD
I loved the costumes, sceneries, and I'm big fan of anything related to japan, but fuck me i just couldnt bear through it...

Last edited:
Top Bottom