• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twins sequel "Triplets" in the works...

Status
Not open for further replies.

FairyD

Come on Eddie! Seriously dude, I even watched Norbit and tried to like it. But this is too far, if you are going to do a sequel to an 80s movie at least do Beverly Hills Cop part 4 or Coming to America 2 or even Trading Places 2. You weren't even in the original movie.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
It's been hours since that comment on the first page and I simply can't stop thinking about Eddie Murphy pregnant.

bengraven

No. I swore this movie bombed back in the day.

Regardless, it was critically panned AND is commonly brought up as a joke when referring to shitty movies that Arnold did.

No one wants this movie. NO ONE WANTS THIS MOVIE.

Yeah, how is this a thing, and why is this thing involving Eddie Murphy.

Come on Eddie! Seriously dude, I even watched Norbit and tried to like it. But this is too far, if you are going to do a sequel to an 80s movie at least do Beverly Hills Cop part 4 or Coming to America 2 or even Trading Places 2. You weren't even in the original movie.
Do you really want this to happen?

Tobor

No. I swore this movie bombed back in the day.

Regardless, it was critically panned AND is commonly brought up as a joke when referring to shitty movies that Arnold did.

No one wants this movie. NO ONE WANTS THIS MOVIE.

Your "back in the day" sensor is busted.

Wikipedia said:
Budget $15 million
Box office $216,614,388

joe2187

Banned
Soon after Twins debuts in theatres...

The apocalypse shall rise

BEHOLD!!! JUNIOR 2!

6a00d8341c562c53ef0168e8f7a76a970c-800wi

Tobor

Like I said, I think it was more critically than anything. I also can't think of anyone who would straight up say "I really liked Twins" without trying to be funny or ironic.

Obviously lots of people liked it. You don't make 200 million dollars in 1988 money and not have people enjoy it.

Personally, I agree with you, and always thought it was ironically funny. A buddy of mine and old roommate would always sing "Tonight, tonight is your night, bro" whenever I had a date. Lol.

As for this sequel, they should have done it in the 90's. They're all too old now.

bryanee

I love the first film so I would see this day one regardless of reviews but we sure this isnt some early April Fools joke? The idea just seems to bonkers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom