• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch Plays Pokemon Community Thread: We're Here Forever

Missed last few days because of flights and stuff, and it sucks

Plan on covering all the art of the past few days (might be a week, sheesh)

Neo Child

Banned
When is the X/Y stream due?

I watched the Red/Blue one pretty closely when it was about, was there for all the best moments including E4. Didn't watch too much of the G/S/C one but tuned in just in time for the E4.

Haven't watched any since.

It was so much fun back in R/B ones because getting over a ledge was like a monumental thing! And going anywhere near the PC was exciting :D

PBalfredo

I watched the Red/Blue one pretty closely when it was about, was there for all the best moments including E4. Didn't watch too much of the G/S/C one but tuned in just in time for the E4.

It was so much fun back in R/B ones because getting over a ledge was like a monumental thing! And going anywhere near the PC was exciting :D

We're at the Elite 4 in Black 2 right now. After we beat a game, the streamer usually gives a few days of downtime between games. Once we beat Black 2 a countdown to the start of XY should appear. In the part the streamer has liked starting new games on Fridays, so I would expect XY to likely start next Friday or so.

Crayolan

Someone has released a TPP Red romhack. Information on it here. You'll have to patch it to a Red rom yourself, but it looks like an interesting challenge/mix-up to the original game, so I might go through it myself.

Also while typing this post we run into and kill a Shiny Basculin. lol

I see no Pokemon has been released yet. Can we finally go all the way without letting a single Pokemon go?

Probably. Since we got a team of 6 good mons and could evolve, there's been no need to use the PC. I also think Cly is the protag with the least captures of all this run.

E4. We are not doing very good :p

5 full teams of 6 with smogon-approved items and movesets. DOOMED. We can't even beat Caitlin easily with Zoro because of her goddamn Trick Room strats.

X will probably start the saturday night (at midnight) after Black 2 ends, just like the last few runs. We're at the E4 now in Black 2, but it's REALLY difficult so this might take a while. There's also been rumors that we may do the post-game, but I'm not sure.

X will probably start the saturday night (at midnight) after Black 2 ends, just like the last few runs. We're at the E4 now in Black 2, but it's REALLY difficult so this might take a while. There's also been rumors that we may do the post-game, but I'm not sure.

Black 2 post game with smogun Cynthia?

We're going to at the very least need a team if full 100s to stand a chance. We'll probably have to buy a bunch of revives for between fights as well. I don't see us ever getting out of the Marshall and Grimsley fights with more than 3 Pokemon still alive.

So of course we just beat Marshal and Grimsley without losing a single Pokemon. If we don't get to Iris this time, it's because we used the wrong move because Zoro should easily be able to solo the other 2.

Temathael

It has been too long since the last art update:

100 Club:
S0ARcAF.jpg

Source

3E9aFbI.png

Source

IrEXpXe.jpg

Source

Umbrellagator used Protect
rZ53HEK.jpg

Source

Postmaster Kenya
Those Left Behind
TPP Final Teams
Emerald - The Mighty Dodge

Crayolan

NOT teh urn. But damn, we got to iris's final pokemon. If we can have a run where gator comes in undamaged that may be it.

PBalfredo

Feraligatr wasting two turns using Strength vs a rock type and getting taking out for it is when everything started to unravel. As soon as Haxorus got Dragon Dance off, it was over.

A shame, but it also proves we're so close to the actual urn. We got the tools we need for victory.

PBalfredo

We got really lucky that run. I think we're still a long way off unless we get extremely lucky.

Caitlin and Shauntal are already completely free to Zoroark. Unfezant can solo Marshall if we get past his Sawk. Grimsley and his Scrafty is the only real threat in the E4. Get past him clean and we got a solid shot at Iris.

Caitlin and Shauntal are already completely free to Zoroark. Unfezant can solo Marshall if we get past his Sawk. Grimsley and his Scrafty is the only real threat in the E4. Get past him clean and we got a solid shot at Iris.

Scrafty is easy for Wilbur if we properly switch to him. The issue is that we used brick break against honchkrow when we should have used heat crash.

Edit: The people claiming that using items somehow invalidates the run are so frustrating. It's so difficult to use items in TPP that if we can somehow pull it off, then more power to us.

Havent watched in ages, did SoulSilver or Heartgold get played at all??

Also, how is he going to do the 3DS games, those cant be emulated right?? Never thought he would do the 3DS games at all.

PBalfredo

Unfezant took down four of Grimsley's mon with Facade while paralyzed. Wilson finished off the rest without a scratch. Zoroark will be sent out first to clean up Caitlin and Shauntal. This run is heading for Iris.

Modified 3DS hardware. And yeah, we beat HeartGold.

Any pictures of that setup or explanation of how that would work, im extremely interested, I totally understand how you can do the DS games using emulation and macros, but Hardware stuff blow my mind.

Also, is Pokemon X/Y movement 8 directions or is it full analogue?

PBalfredo

Both. The D-pad is for walking and the analog stick for the skates. And we have to use the analog stick in order to do the grind rails in the fighting gym. I don't know yet how that will work with stream commands.

Crayolan

Another Iris attempt about to happen, only this time Zoro is the one with low health (and a burn) and Gator is at full health.

Temathael

Any pictures of that setup or explanation of how that would work, im extremely interested, I totally understand how you can do the DS games using emulation and macros, but Hardware stuff blow my mind.

Streamer will be collaborating with someone called dekuNukem who has the modified 3DS hardware. DekuNukem has had a test stream running and if I remember right the movement was in 4 directions, with different inputs for rollerskating (also in 4 directions).

Here is more info:
https://github.com/dekuNukem/3xtDS

edit: so late :p

edit2: Another try against Iris!

Streamer will be collaborating with someone called dekuNukem who has the modified 3DS hardware. DekuNukem has had a test stream running and if I remember right the movement was in 4 directions, with different inputs for rollerskating (also in 4 directions).

Here is more info:
https://github.com/dekuNukem/3xtDS

edit: so late :p

edit2: Another try against Iris!

Holy shit, thanks guys. this is insane.

Top Bottom