• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch Plays Pokemon Community Thread: We're Here Forever

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Once Feraligatr fainted that was the end of that. It really sucks that he can't take out Serperior with one ice beam.

PBalfredo

So many of Iris' dragons are too bulky. Ice Beam not being able to OHKO Serperior and Hydreigon really throws off any hope for a gator sweep. It will have to be a team effort. It also means we need to get gator out before dragon dance Dragonite does too much damage to the team.

Andrefpvs

Once Feraligatr fainted that was the end of that. It really sucks that he can't take out Serperior with one ice beam.

Yeah, and he's already at level 100, so no grinding will help us.

If we had Zoroark at full health, I believe this could have been the urn!
chansub-global-emoticon-f124d3a96eff228a-41x28.png

PBalfredo

I'm really surprised Dragonite could shrug off those Rock Slides like they're nothing.

Emboar needs another level or two in order to OHKO Honchkrow with Brick Break. Having to alternate perfect between Heat Crush for Honchkrow and Brick Break for Houndoom is screwing up our runs.

Crayolan

It is, but Dragonite wasn't even at max HP when we hit it with multiple rock slides. Zoroark already hit it with Night Daze at the start of the fight.

Iris's full restore brought the Multiscale back into play. But yea, even without Multiscale it tanks the rock slide pretty well.

Andrefpvs

It is, but Dragonite wasn't even at max HP when we hit it with multiple rock slides. Zoroark already hit it with Night Daze at the start of the fight.

I remember Iris using a Full Restore on it.

And anyway, it was Sceptile using Rock Slide on it. It's never going to be very powerful.

PBalfredo

Iris' team is pretty good given it will still give our team a challenge if (or when) our entire team is level 100. Dragon Dance sweeps are a hell of a thing.

PBalfredo

Victory! Blaze Black 2 defeated!

No Release run! Fire Starter in the Hall of Fame!

Wilbur to commiserate with Solearion in the 90's club

Crayolan

Yes!

Gator on gator action, teh urn is real!

ヽ༼ຈلຈ༽ノ VICTORY RIOT ヽ༼ຈلຈ༽ノ

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ VICTORY RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

I think we can safely say now that Zoro is the #1 powerhouse mon in this run, despite having 3 level 100s. He bailed us out so bad in the end, can't imagine this team without him.

Zenny taking down Haxorus was awesome too.

Edit:
Twitchplayspokemon: Okay, here are some announcements on the future of Twitch Plays Pokemon.

Twitchplayspokemon: Twitch_plays_3ds aka dekuNukem will be streaming Pokemon X through this channel, while this is happening I will be performing maintainence on TPP's server and so the database will be unavailable, this means that the color-coded names in their current form won't be possible during this run, instead the color will be based on your chosen chat color.

Twitchplayspokemon: The current system of color-coding to show the first run the user has pariticipated in has become unusable due to the number of colors in use. After Pokemon X the first run a user has participated in will be indicated by a colored emblem next to the user's name and the name's color will continue to be the color used in chat.

Twitchplayspokemon: Thank you to Fishycheeze for making the Black 2 run that much better with his rom editing and Lua scripting, Prismata for helping with the Memory Link and Bobthepigeon and others for helping with Action Replay codes.

Twitchplayspokemon: The Pokemon Black 2 run concludes with victory at the PWT.

I have no idea how he expects us to beat the PWT. We have enough trouble entering the damn thing, let alone coming anywhere close to winning.

Also, streamer says the game after X is this:
NENssdW.png

?? Something stadium related.

kyo2004

1. Another URN missed by sleep (why we always beat the games like 4AM?)...

2. The PWT end is because Streamer senpai (with help) modified a little bit the ROM (maybe TPP WT)?

3. The path for the next months are

Pokemon X > Stadium intermission > Omega Ruby > more intermission > Red TPP edition (1 year anniversary)...

Crayolan

Well this is awesome.

Twitch Plays Pokemon International Artist Collaboration

giphy.gif

This is one of the greatest things I've ever seen come out of this community, holy shit.

Can't think of a better thing to act as a banner for the first 5 TPP runs.

Edit: Full list of artists here

kyo2004

So... Pokemon X starts in 4 days... First run that we can integrate for real (if internet battles are possible)... XD

Crayolan

Video of the successful urn is up, for those who missed it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbgVXTC-QdQ

It includes the entire final E4 run as well as the champion battle up to the credits. Zoro really came through for us here.

Are they really starting X?
Count me in!

Yep! It will be run through a real 3DS, unlike all the previous runs which have been done through emulation.

We're not sure yet, but we might even have wi-fi enabled allowing us to use wonder trade and have random battles with strangers.

Andrefpvs

Guys, something amazing is happening right now, come watch!

We are fighting each single protagonist we ever controlled!

PBalfredo

Tuned in just as we started fighting Napoleon. What did I miss? Last I saw we were having rematches with the E4. Now we're in the PWT? How'd we get in without dancing infront of the PC for hours?!

Crayolan

Tuned in just as we started fighting Napoleon. What did I miss? Last I saw we were having rematches with the E4. Now we're in the PWT? How'd we get in without dancing infront of the PC for hours?!

Whoever hacked this in made it so that as soon as you talk to the guy next to the PC it immediately pushes you into the PWT without any menus. Inside there was a line of our all our past protagonists, but they're only in the mid 70s-low 80s, making them pretty easy. We beat Jimmy, Ao, and Napoleon all at once.

Crayolan

We lost to AJ this time, but only since A took out half our team by herself.

And now people are seriously considering still trying to grind Sceptile to 100 despite streamer saying the game will end at 2d 00:00:00 (1 hour and 36 minutes from now) whether we beat the PWT or not.

We lost to AJ this time, but only since A took out half our team by herself.

And now people are seriously considering still trying to grind Sceptile to 100 despite streamer saying the game will end at 2d 00:00:00 (1 hour and 36 minutes from now) whether we beat the PWT or not.

Game end is delayed by a few more hours now, so there should be time.

Crayolan

Holy shit this is hilarious due to the timer. We want to go as fast as possible, but everything that can go wrong has gone wrong to make us waste as much time as possible. I'm dying watching this crazy panic. And of course we black out to Red to waste even more time. Streamer will probably let us finish but still, this is great.

PBalfredo

Got through Bird Jesus, Zapdos and Helix, but then Air Jordan took us out.

We're past our time limit but streamer is giving us one last shot.

PBalfredo

THE URN!

CL Y is the champion of champions!

With some help from Zoro, Sceptile sweeps Red's team and levels up...

to level 99

lol

Crayolan

We beat the modified PWT! And somehow when we won it triggered the Hall of Fame cutscene.

Really nice of the streamer to do that for us.

Also we have 5 level 100s and 1 level 99, lol.

Edit: And now we're playing OoT 3D, straight into the 3DS games.

What an amazing ending! Shame we couldn't use the rare candy or dojo to get 100 but leveling with a Sceptile sweep on Red was one if the best moments of TPP.

PBalfredo

We're playing Zelda OoT 3D in the intermission right now and holy crap does it look a hundred times better than Black 2's stretched out pixely sprites. Seeing one immediately after the other really drives it home. X is going to be a treat.

Wait, wait. I've been out for a looong time, but can someone explain to me how is he able to do 3DS games?

EDIT: They managed to play a song on the ocarina. How the hell did that happen.... Nevermind, it was the streamer.

EDIT 2: What a great time to come and watch this, I need to sleep but this concert is just too good.

TheOGB

Banned
Did I really just come in during an ocarina concert

this is fucking awesome

edit: this dude just started playing Never Gonna Give You Up

EDIT2: HOLY SHIT PHOENIX WRIGHT

Crayolan

What an amazing ending! Shame we couldn't use the rare candy or dojo to get 100 but leveling with a Sceptile sweep on Red was one if the best moments of TPP.

You have to admit it was hilarious actually succeeding and buying the dojo training only to find out it cant be used on fainted pokemon.

Wait, wait. I've been out for a looong time, but can someone explain to me how is he able to do 3DS games?

EDIT: They managed to play a song on the ocarina. How the hell did that happen.... Nevermind, it was the streamer.

EDIT 2: What a great time to come and watch this, I need to sleep but this concert is just too good.

The game is being run on a physical 3DS. The guy running it has a system which basically acts the same way as the typical TPP system attached his 3DS. Pretty sure this guy is a lot more technically savvy than streamer, and he can probably make a few manual fixes to manage things like forced evos/stop people from abusing things they shouldn't be.

Did I really just come in during an ocarina concert

this is fucking awesome

I never thought I would hear Rick Astley on Ocarina.

The game is being run on a physical 3DS. The guy running it has a system which basically acts the same way as the typical TPP system attached his 3DS. Pretty sure this guy is a lot more technically savvy than streamer, and he can probably make a few manual fixes to manage things like forced evos/stop people from abusing things they shouldn't be.

Wow. Just, wow. This is awesome, I gotta get back and watch X when it starts in the next couple of days (1 and 20 something hours, IIRC).

I remember when people thought DS games would be hard. Now they're already going to the 3DS. So awesome seeing this much progress.

Top Bottom