• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch Plays Pokemon Community Thread: We're Here Forever

Just thought I'd make a post to say that TPP now has the bet sub emote ever.
PC is safe this run. Kappa

PBalfredo

By the way, if anyone is interested, Moemon is currently at the Elite 4. They got a pretty good team going with Dugtrio, Vaporeon, Pidgeot, Butterfree, Charizard and Electabuzz.

I think this is the first time TPP will have gone all the way with their starter Charmander. We've got Charizard in the hall of fame before with X, but we got him from Sycamore. But here we've gone through FireRed without any great PC shuffle or bloody ___day.

edit: the urn

1lypgvW.jpg

Crayolan

2 things:

Randomized Alpha Sapphire starts 5 PM EDT tomorrow.

For the intermission, streamer has set the PBR betting system to work with Smash Wii U. So until the next run starts you can bet on random CPU matches, DLC included.

Edit: After literally 12 minutes spent on the naming screen we got May named !!!0999 qq.

And we got Torchic a third time lol. It has Judgement because why not.

StoneFox

Already have the second badge. Our squirtle evolved into a kingler and our lotad evolved into a squirtle.

The second gym was full of steel types, thankfully our rufflet learned magma burst (I think that's what it's called) and that's how we beat Brawly.

One of our glameows tried to learn Precipice Blades but we pressed B. :(

Crayolan

We just reached the Elite 4.

Current team is Wigglytuff, Cacturne, Lanturn, Glaceon, Blue Jellicent, and Pink Jellicent (2 different pokemon evolved into Jellicents).

We can barely get past Sidney at the moment so this might take a lot of attempts.

Crayolan

E4 this run was pretty cool, we slowly but surely made progress until we got one lucky run where everything lined up properly and ended up sweeping Steven easily. Kind of like an Emerald E4-lite. Took 47 runs total I think?

Also halfway through we flew away and (literally) locked ourselves in a secret base just to teach TMs. It was funny seeing people freak out after realizing how difficult it was to un-lock ourselves from the base, but thankfully we had some escape ropes on us.

The Final Team:
champions__by_tddog-d929qos.png

Source

Everyone ended up being pretty useful except for Cacturne.

PBalfredo

I was unfortunately on a trip through the majority of AS, but one thing I really enjoy is the story of our starter. It started off as a Torchic who evolved into a Lampent. Since Lampent needs a Dusk Stone to evolve, it was put into the daycare until the post-game, where chat managed to actually withdraw it and use a Dusk Stone without incident. What did it evolve into?

Flareon, of course!

So not only did we get our Torchic through the game safely, but we also technically had Flareon as our starter. It's the most TPP appropriate conclusion, ever!

veHgu5C.png

source

We are doing better than i expected, we actually have two more pokemon now. Even if we can't catch any more until the master bAll we will have a full party by the end of the game lol...

StoneFox

Espeon's in the PC... but we learned that unpurified pokemon cannot be released so that's a plus. Our Bayleef is gaining popularity as well.

Looks to be an interesting run.

Crayolan

So we tried to fight Justy.

giphy.gif

It turned out to be the ultimate cancer match lasting almost 50 minutes long. I haven't laughed this hard in a long time.

The video's long so I'll just explain why it was so ridiculous:
Justy uses a team of 6 pokemon all of which have Double Team and 4 of which have Sandstorm, 3 out of those 4 also having sand veil. He spams the fuck out of double team. On top of that all his pokemon are have high defense/hp and he can use potions to heal them stalling out things even longer. But the real evil is his Sunflora, which has Ingrain and Mega Drain for maximum stalling power. And even worse, when we were about to lose and brought him down to 1 pokemon--the sunflora--he ran out of Mega Drain PP leaving Espeon at 1 hp. So then we had to sit there hopelessly attacking his +6 evasion pokemon while he used up the remainder of his Helping Hand/Double Team/Ingrain PP, without any of hope of actually being able to kill it because Ingrain would keep it healed unless we got a miracle and landed 3-4 attacks or 2 crits in a row.

So we tried to fight Justy.

giphy.gif

It turned out to be the ultimate cancer match lasting almost 50 minutes long. I haven't laughed this hard in a long time.

The video's long so I'll just explain why it was so ridiculous:
Justy uses a team of 6 pokemon all of which have Double Team and 4 of which have Sandstorm, 3 out of those 4 also having sand veil. He spams the fuck out of double team. On top of that all his pokemon are have high defense/hp and he can use potions to heal them stalling out things even longer. But the real evil is his Sunflora, which has Ingrain and Mega Drain for maximum stalling power. And even worse, when we were about to lose and brought him down to 1 pokemon--the sunflora--he ran out of Mega Drain PP leaving Espeon at 1 hp. So then we had to sit there hopelessly attacking his +6 evasion pokemon while he used up the remainder of his Helping Hand/Double Team/Ingrain PP, without any of hope of actually being able to kill it because Ingrain would keep it healed unless we got a miracle and landed 3-4 attacks or 2 crits in a row.

That Sunflora..
That super potion...
Justy made them suffer badly.

Crayolan

We just started Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness. Protagonist name: ABBBCC (alphabet jokes incoming).

This run will probably be around as long as Colosseum, but XD is the better game IMO so hopefully it'll be more enjoyable.

Toxi

Banned
We just started Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness. Protagonist name: ABBBCC (alphabet jokes incoming).

This run will probably be around as long as Colosseum, but XD is the better game IMO so hopefully it'll be more enjoyable.
XD also has a lot more Pokemon to catch.

Dunkley

Awesome, will definitely be watching, too bad I missed the Colosseum run through.

Definitely seeing a lot of Mirror B. encounters on the horizon. I wonder if they'll catch Dragonite or Lugia.

Thinking that XD should be slightly longer since they don't have the good Twins starter and they lost the water stone lol.

When is Crystal 251 run starting anyway?

edit

we stored half of our team in the box lol.....

Dunkley

Watching them try catch that Spinarak right now, how did they manage to snag any other Shadow Pokémon?

edit:

Oh god now they're attacking themselves. TPP wasn't made for double battles. :v

edit 2:

Holy shit they actually snagged it. Seconds later we died and are now right back at the start RIP.

Crayolan

Thinking that XD should be slightly longer since they don't have the good Twins starter and they lost the water stone lol.

When is Crystal 251 run starting anyway?

edit

we stored half of our team in the box lol.....

Crystal 251 is the 2 year anniversary run so I assume it'll start February 14th.

Crayolan

I missed the early part, what is different about the game? I noticed we started in Kanto (I think?).

We don't know everything, but so far it's mostly just like the gen 1 games, but in the gen 2 engine. As for major differences, our rival is Green (from the manga) instead of Blue, everyone has much, much smarter AI (for example, Brock used a Sandstorm+Wrap stall strategy) and the game has gen 6 battle mechanics, including the physical/special split and fairy type.

New run is boring, do not like the new system. Oh well, I think we will at least have the Pokémon moon or sun run of its ON 3ds this year.

Top Bottom