• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch Plays Pokemon Community Thread: We're Here Forever

It's a 151 romhack which accounts for all the stupid things TPP is known to do (like releasing things), which also has a higher difficulty. Not sure why they would take out ratattas and pidgeys and stuff from Route 1 though.
There is a Pidgey on Route 1 at least (it blacked out the party with a critical hit from gust...which had lost 70% of its HP to an Oddish...yeah with Absorb doing 1 damage a turn...).

IIRC how the game works is it is has several slots per route (a slot might be a level 2 Ratatta for example), stuff in the end slots is less common than the early slots (like the level 7 Pidgeotto in Viridian Forest in Yellow) so what I'm guessing this hack does it forgoes level range for more possible encounters.

edit: Holy shit I didn't know you could try to examine the TV from the side for the message "oops wrong side"

Ha, I totally forgot about this starting. I'm pretty busy, though, so I doubt I can contribute too much.

Edit: My chat's not even loading. Go figure.

StoneFox

People are calling our Charmander "Growlmander" lol I hope our first capture is a Pikachu for all the trouble they are giving us.

TechOne

Senpai streamer needs to turn off donation notifications.
latest

Ondore

IIRC how the game works is it is has several slots per route (a slot might be a level 2 Ratatta for example), stuff in the end slots is less common than the early slots (like the level 7 Pidgeotto in Viridian Forest in Yellow) so what I'm guessing this hack does it forgoes level range for more possible encounters.

In the newer games I know the slots go 20/20/10/10/10/10/5/5/4/4/1/1%. So there's twelve possible encounters. I suspect RBY might use the same setup but don't know for sure.

Can't get off Oddishes wild ride

┌༼ຈل͜ຈ༽┘ ♪ └༼ຈل͜ຈ༽┐♫ WE'RE ON THE ROAD TO VIRIDIAN CITY ┌༼ຈل͜ຈ༽┘ ♪ └༼ຈل͜ຈ༽┐♫

TechOne

Can't get off Oddishes wild ride

┌༼ຈل͜ຈ༽┘ ♪ └༼ຈل͜ຈ༽┐♫ WE'RE ON THE ROAD TO VIRIDIAN CITY ┌༼ຈل͜ຈ༽┘ ♪ └༼ຈل͜ຈ༽┐♫

└༼ຈل͜ຈ༽┐♫ DANCE RIOT ┌༼ຈل͜ຈ༽┘ ♪

Crayolan

Charmeleon is our key to beating that Aerodactyl...eventually.

Are we using this thread for the current run?

I don't know...? I assumed we would be but then another thread was made (presumably to inform people who normally wouldn't bother to check this thread) and now people are posting in both threads and it's kind of confusing. :S

Hey quick question, I've never played a Pokemon game before, should I get XY or ORAS? Thanks.

This isn't really the thread for this question, but....

XY is more the accessible game for newcomers
ORAS is the better game overall

PBalfredo

Hey quick question, I've never played a Pokemon game before, should I get XY or ORAS? Thanks.

If you have any interest in the multiplayer, definately ORAS as it's the current meta.

If only for single-player, opinions will differ, but I personally found XY to be more fun because it had a wider pool of pokemon to encounter. Going from a mix of all six gens of pokemon appearing in routes in XY to pretty much just the Gen 3 cast in ORAS was kind of a bummer for me.

PBalfredo

On the topic of threads, I'm surprised this Community thread isn't in Community.

Also, our Charmeleon can now easily reck Onix.

....Aerodactyl not so much.

Toxi

Banned
On the topic of threads, I'm surprised this Community thread isn't in Community.

Also, our Charmeleon can now easily reck Onix.

....Aerodactyl not so much.
Amber won't be that bad now that we evolved; it has pretty crappy special defense. If we can level up a bit on Onix or Dome, we'll be fine.

PBalfredo

Amber won't be that bad now that we evolved; it has pretty crappy special defense. If we can level up a bit on Onix or Dome, we'll be fine.

It's going to take some serious levels since Aerodactyl, even with mediocre Special, can easily beat us in a DPS race with Rock Slide. At least we'll be gaining exp against Brock now since we can't take out Onix.

Toxi

Banned
It's going to take some serious levels since Aerodactyl, even with mediocre Special, can easily beat us in a DPS race with Rock Slide. At least we'll be gaining exp against Brock now since we can't take out Onix.
The good thing is that the AI doesn't seem to only use Rock Slide, so we can get lucky if it spams Wing Attack enough.

StoneFox

It seems like we are trying to get Kakuna to evolve into a Beedrill at the very least, but who knows if we will be successful at that or if we have the patience. I don't see how we can possibly catch every pokemon without using some sort of code to give us more money to buy balls because we lose more money than the average person and Gen 1 games gave you a specfic amount unless you grind the E4 or use pay day.

I think this run will be our longest, given the specifc rules of catching them all, viewing the diploma, and then heading back home to inspect the bed. Rumor has it that the bed will trigger a battle against our original team.

Reyne

I wake up just in time to witness AIIIAB taking the Done Fossil. Dark times are ahead.

Turned out true enough. We just released our lvl 50 Charizard and are left with only a low level mankey in the party and no money for pokeballs. The rest of our pokemons in the PC in a different box. Most of them arent that good even and wont be enough to progress unless some serious grinding take place... assuming we dont release them trying to withdraw them.

Top Bottom