• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitter user said Insomniac are B-Grade Dev and can't make GOTY do you agree with him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aion002

really enjoying this game so far! but this makes me sad for god of war. in this it's literally sending u to different worlds in boss fights. in god of war rag, either that ain't happening or the ps4 version is gonna have a 30 sec loading screen mid fight.

I'm playing fidelity mode btw, it's great

conan obrien duality GIF by Team Coco

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
Should still be highlighted, at least as a feedback to devs. I've seen DF and NX call out something way less significant in other games. I feel like these guys are too scared to criticise big releases, just have to look at DF's coverage of Cyberpunk. DF actually used to be very thorough until all the crying from fanboys made them soft.
Perhaps its not considered important for them I guess.
Even they did notice about the plant physics, I doubt its going to change their perspective, the other visuals overshadowed the small details like plant physics.
For me personally i don't care that much, to me Ratchet games were always about the world design.
However for HFW I would actually hope the game has better grass physics in the final game, that caught my attention when Aloy stepped on the grasses.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Hes obviously some salty childish fanboy, he should show us any game of the year since video games where invented that doesnt have clipping, if he can do that then we can have a debate if not then he should just drink some water wipe his salty tears and get on with life.
No game can’t escape imperfection no matter how powerful the console or PC, it just nature of video games.

MiguelItUp

Also, do we know his GAF username?

Edit: Wait, he’s actually a member?
Haha, yeah. I was surprised some of the people in this thread had never seen him post before. So seeing folks saying this "random" on Twitter is pretty lol to me. Saw him post quite a bit over the past months.

Funny how defensive and edgy people are getting after Rift Apart
10/10 platform shooter. Xbox fanboys feel threatened and people don't want anyone touching the Nintendo platformer gold standard

Actually I also check the vegetation. And they must have an explanation for saving those vertex calculations.

nothing big anyway.
there’s is vertex deformation when you play with ratchet, but only in short grass.

Entroyp

Haha, yeah. I was surprised some of the people in this thread had never seen him post before. So seeing folks saying this "random" on Twitter is pretty lol to me. Saw him post quite a bit over the past months.
Yea, I was actually joking about who’s GAF member was that and then one of his fans stud up for him. I’m still not sure if it’s the same dude though.

Anyways, nothing wrong with expressing his opinion I guess.

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

why is this a thread
I guess people are bored with current Game Fest and E3 news, so they're looking for other entertainment, lmao.

Yea, I was actually joking about who’s GAF member was that and then one of his fans stud up for him. I’m still not sure if it’s the same dude though.

Anyways, everyone can have his opinion ai guess.
Well, considering THEAP99 THEAP99 uses the same avatar, I feel like it most certainly is, haha.

Last edited:

Reindeer

Perhaps its not considered important for them I guess.
Even they did notice about the plant physics, I doubt its going to change their perspective, the other visuals overshadowed the small details like plant physics.
For me personally i don't care that much, to me Ratchet games were always about the world design.
However for HFW I would actually hope the game has better grass physics in the final game, that caught my attention when Aloy stepped on the grasses.
Not just plants, flying through objects, not leaving footprints on terrain, etc. DF has been like this for a while now, they barely criticise anything in major AAA games. Cyberpunk was a mess of a game at launch and yet DF kept talking about it like the best thing ever.

Spidey Fan

Banned
They arent top tier, but they are talented enough. as much as Spiderman 2018 was great, it not as strong as Arkham games. They are beneath rocksteady, bethesda and Rockstar. Even as buggy as bethesda games are, they are extremely talented for having an open world, which makes you immersed. Same for gta. Both bethesda, and Rockstar mastered the open world. While rocksteady mastered the narrative, feeling, and making you engaged in the game.

Arkham knight has insane details compared to spiderman 2018, despite the game being out in 2015.

Main problem with Insomniac, is experience with multiple device release. So far, they had playstation, went to xbox/pc, then ps4. I havent seen them release epic game like spiderman level for all system, like those 3. Its one flow of having to develop 1 system. They need to take their time, and stop releasing games fast. it feels bloated, and not that much engaging.

You can have best looking game. but if you cant make the game capture the players heart, you wont have a perfect game.

Skyrim, Gta, Arkham games all have styles that makes their games standout. I roamed around skyrim. It felt like i was a part of their world. Gta captured the real world setting. Arkham made you feel like being a part of Gotham city.

They need to find that talent, and not let sunset overdrive or the success of spiderman get the better of them.

we found out that with bioware. Bioware went from extremely talented student to Anthem. Respawn went from titan fall 2 to fallen jedi, and apex.

I am just mumbling to myself, dont mind me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom