• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Two Minutes Hate, redux

Status
Not open for further replies.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Diablos said:
Evi: What's important is that two OA members were planning to take advantage of GAF to make me look bad and get banned over something that was really their fault. Mike's response to that was totally understandable

:lol

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
o_O

man this thread just keeps going. I like it how EviLore keeps dropping in to drop interesting info into this thead :lol

um...... what to hate on. OA is the lamest forum I have ever seen on the internet, Willco you have to get some hate for that piss poor halo match, you should not have fielded a b team :lol

Incognito said:
I'll still be there to console you when your father passes on. :) You know, the one you ignored for 18 years. :lol
The difference between you and him is that my dad goes to the hospital to work :lol

As for ignoring my dad for 18 years, that makes so little sense for a number of reasons, but people usually do enter a delirious soon before death, so I'll let it drop.

You be strong for both of us, Lonestar! We'll never forget you!

Diablos

The only thing OA is good for is spamming and knowing you can't get banned for it, and making fun of its mostly dysfunctional userbase.

Diablos, that's the POINT. To think I'd risk a ban just to TROLL you is totally ridiculous, especially considering my already iffy status here as is.

xsarien

daedsiluap
I hate that there's no hate for me in this thread, nor love for me in the love thread. (Although Matlock's got my back in his birthday thread, which I guess is cool.)

Diablos said:
Evi: What's important is that two OA members were planning to take advantage of GAF to make me look bad and get banned over something that was really their fault. Mike's response to that was totally understandable; I can't speak for other bannings because of things said on OA, but I'm just sayin'.

Popo: It's called being confident in how you feel, you should try it sometime instead of pimping your faux ego. :)

The Common Diablos Tactic:

Glorify Self.

Demonize Detractors.

See it at work here;

Popo: It's called being confident in how you feel, you should try it sometime instead of pimping your faux ego. :)

Bolded part - Trumping up of his arrogance.

Unbolded part - Demonization of Popopop as an arrogant detractor who can't possibly comprehend the beauty of the things Diablos believes in.

Mike Works said:
The difference between you and him is that my dad goes to the hospital to work :lol

As for ignoring my dad for 18 years, that makes so little sense for a number of reasons, but people usually do enter a delirious soon before death, so I'll let it drop.

You be strong for both of us, Lonestar! We'll never forget you!

Don't lash out at me. :( I'm sure there's qualified help up there for you.

rastex

Banned
Diablos said:
Saint Cornelius

Whatever happened to that guy? He was really cool, one of the few guys here that really appreciates video games and had a great grounding in the history of the industry.

rastex said:
Whatever happened to that guy? He was really cool, one of the few guys here that really appreciates video games and had a great grounding in the history of the industry.

Jettisoned to OA. :lol

Matlock

Banned
Saint Corny kept getting more paranoid and apeshit. Now he's a guy who posts over at OA about how everyone who can still post at GA is stupid.

rastex

Banned
xsarien said:
I hate that there's no hate for me in this thread, nor love for me in the love thread. (Although Matlock's got my back in his birthday thread, which I guess is cool.)
I used to have you on ignore for similar reasons as Jarrod, but you've really toned down and are actually pretty cool now.

Incognito said:
Don't lash out at me. :( I'm sure there's qualified help up there for you.
I'm probably going to hell now thanks to this thread :(

MIMIC said:
Lonestar may be prissy ultra liberal vaginal felch, but our dance in this thread is fucking poetic, which is needed thanks to Diablos swinging blindly into the crowd and the crowd laughing at him. Our verbal tango is beautiful.

Especially considering it might be his last.

Diablos

Sirpopopop said:
The Common Diablos Tactic:

Glorify Self.

Demonize Detractors.

See it at work here;

Bolded part - Trumping up of his arrogance.

Unbolded part - Demonization of Popopop as an arrogant detractor who can't possibly comprehend the beauty of the things Diablos believes in.
I thought you were talking about yourself for a moment there. Listen buddy, keep on using your fake forum PhD and thinking that most people will actually care. Give yourself a pat on the back.

Red Scarlet

xsarien said:

I said I liked your posts, asshole.

Now Diablos I wear my forum PhD proudly.

As a Doctor of the Gaming Age Forums I feel I can truly diagnose your "condition".

I call it, "Out of touch with realititis."

Here are the symptoms:

Disproportionate sense of Self - Check.

Paranoia - Check.

Oversensitive - Check.

Lame jokes - Check.

Those are the four prime conditions that constitute, "Out of touch with realititis."

You my good sir have an acute case of the condition

Loki

Count of Concision
Here's another thing I hate, and I'll make this as succinct as possible:

People who see me as "arrogant" for no good reason (there are a few in this thread and I'm sure many more unaccounted for :p). It really baffles me. I just wish they'd see "me" in my entirety as opposed to perhaps keying in on one aspect of how I present myself on here. And I hope that if they are going to have the gall to call me arrogant, that they'd at least read my posts in their entirety (which many of those who call me such admit to not doing), and not focus in on the little bits which support their warped view of me.

I mean, seriously-- I've never understood where that comes from. Yes, I have strong convictions; so do a lot of people on here. I state them no more assuredly or imperiously than some others do. I do not denigrate others, and I address every argument raised against me as civilly and thoroughly as I can. But somehow I'm "arrogant"? The hell is that...? Perhaps if I just started telling people "you're wrong" and storming off without explanation while calling them a "fucktard" or some such, that would be better? I mean, seriously...

Believe me when I tell you that I don't lose sleep over it, since it's something that nobody has ever said to me in real life (which I've always felt is a better reference by which to judge one's own behavior as compared to online, obviously), but I've always been puzzled by it. And no, this was not a request for "explanation," just something I wanted to get off my chest-- and something for those who have this opinion of me to ponder. :)

(yes, that was succinct...for me :D)

Diablos, as a professional with a PhD in Forumomics (The official name for the field devoted to study of online forums), I feel I can best diagnose your condition better than you can diagnose your own condition. Let me help you man.

Diablos

Sirpopopop said:
Diablos, as a professional with a PhD in Forumomics (The official name for the field devoted to study of online forums), I feel I can best diagnose your condition better than you can diagnose your own condition. Let me help you man.
You can start by never talking to me again from this point forward. :)

Diablos said:
You can start by never talking to me again from this point forward. :)

Sorry dude, that doesn't help you. Let me use my degree in Forumnomics to help you. I am here to cure you of your ills. LET ME DO SO MAN!

You need to get rid of your condition, "Out of touch with realititis."

This is quite possibly one of the worst cases of it I've seen. I might need help from some of the top experts in the field like Mandark.

Loki

Count of Concision
Mike Works said:
but our dance in this thread is fucking poetic...Our verbal tango is beautiful.

This thread has been nothing if not entertaining. Let's raise a glass to EviLore in appreciation. :D

pollo

Banned
if i had a choice between viewing big tittied half naked hot women covered in jello wrestling or viewing this thread. Id choose this thread.

Diablos

Some people on IRC say I got owned, but I'm not feeling that way.
It's just Popo stroking his ego. It gets boring after a while.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
pollo said:
if i had a choice between viewing big tittied half naked hot women covered in jello wrestling or viewing this thread. Id choose this thread.

Stop jerking off in this thread.

HATE BUDDY HATE!

Belfast

Oh yeah, I DO hate basketball avatars! It pisses me off to be looking at ugly basketball players in every other thread! RAR!

Diablos said:
Some people on IRC say I got owned, but I'm not feeling that way.
It's just Popo stroking his ego. It gets boring after a while.

"Out of touch with realititis."

Acute case.

Seek help, Diablos. Get cured. Discard your delusions and come back to reality.

pollo

Banned
I hate Spiderman. I don't understand what all the hype is about when all it reduces to is horrible acting and underwhelming action scenes. I find so many other Super Hero movies much more entertaining. I don't understand the love for Spiderman at all.

I walked out of Spiderman 2. I couldn't stand the horrible development of Doc Oc nor could I stand Kristen Dunst shitty performance.

Diablos is ok right now, but the diffrerence between me trolling Zwan and you trolling APC and Tool was that i actually Listened to Zwan because i was looking forward to it. I am a pretty big pumpkins fan myself.

I still remember you got me banned from #GA cause i was helping alpha troll and then messaged me with " dont mess with US bitch" :lol

but you have sobered up now and actually admit to the crapiness of zwan so its cool.

Ouch! Mike and lonestar take the thread to a whole new level.

Mike is pretty cool as a poster and for someone to play XBL games with, but his as a mod he was pretty twitchy he banned me once for jsut being sarcastic and seemed to always bring his pet peaves into the forum....well more so than other mods.

I actually enjoy Lonestars posts also partly cause he keeps upbeat even though he has been on his deathbed for what seems to be years and partly because sometimes when he isnt filled with teen angst he makes some pretty smart comments IMO. I honestly hope he outlives MAgic Johnson.

Evilore and Bish are the two most consistantly Decent Admins on the forum. I dont see why anyone would have any problems with them. Banning someone for what they have said outside of the forum is just retarded no matter the reason IMO.

Gawd i hope this thread goes on forever.

Diablos

We should all be ashamed of ourselves for getting worked up over... forum um, relations. Let's all take a step back for a moment.

achilles

...I'm not a hater, but there's something terribly annoying about the name "Waychel." Like it's suppsed to be Rachel, but it's not. Is Rachel not "cyoooote" enough???

Diablos

Hey shut up :mad:

At least Waychel really is female. And this is assuming demi is able to at least have some credibility, if nothing else.

Kabuki Waq is the worst poster on the forum, but he's awesome to play XBox Live with. Especially when you're playing Rainbow 6 3 with him and Indigo Alpha and you shoot Indigo with a concussion grenade and you hear him yelling at you over your headset about how he's going to kill you even though he can't even see you, and then you watch him run up to Kabuki and shoot him in the face hahaha god i'm laughing even as I type this

good times

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom