• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft Forward: Official Livestream |OT| - LIVE June 10th 2024 - 12 p.m. PDT / 3 p.m. EDT / 9 p.m. CEST

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Man. As a huge AC fan since day 1 I'm thoroughly disappointed. I feel once again very blessed by Ghost of Tsushima's existence.
Honestly if you didn’t play Mirage it’s really good.

As for this title it’s made by odyssey team, my favorite AC, so I will play because their pedigree.

Dazraell

Gold Member
Damn, I was hoping they will have Splinter Cell Remake as "one last thing" considering they were teasing it a few weeks ago

RPS37

Another year and no Splinter Cell?!?!?
Star Wars No GIF

Blindy

Lost Crown DLC maybe interests me, that's about it. 2026 for Sands of Time Remake is a bummer. Star Wars game looks okay but prob not for me.

Last edited:

Kurotri

Honestly if you didn’t play Mirage it’s really good.

As for this title it’s made by odyssey team, my favorite AC, so I will play because their pedigree.
I did, Mirage was beautiful. And Odyssey is at the very top of my list, which was one of the main reasons why I was hyped for Shadows. But I'm seeing way too little improvement, something about it looks incredibly stale and familiar despite the additons like the intriguing dynamic season system they've got going. There's no evolution in terms of gameplay or game design, it's like they put Valhalla in Japan with some minor adjustments. Even the UI isn't all that different. I don't know how to articulate it properly but it seems stuck in the past, all I saw was Origins - Odyssey - Valhalla in Japan. The visuals and art direction didn't impress me all that much either. Ghost of Tsushima managed to look like a painting with just moving leaves. I never expected Ubi to reach Sucker Punch's level, but I expected way more change than what I saw there.

I'll still play it as I'm a fan and who knows, maybe it'll be surprisingly good. I remember actually disliking Odyssey's E3 demo back then as well and it ended up being my favourite. However, I can't lie, I feel a little bummed. We'll see.

salva

I'm actually pleased there was no new Tom Clancy based games such as Ghost Recon, Splinter Cell and Rainbow Six.
I'm 100% sure any new releases of these franchises will be so shit. Let me remember the good times.

Oberstein

God, this Assassin's Creed is so cringe-worthy,
It's all wrong. The dubbing, the choice of music, the presentation, the copy/paste of assets, and so on.

Ogbert

That was fucking pitiful.

I think UBI sometimes get unfair criticism and I loved The Division and some of their smaller scale titles.

But that was genuinely shit. So, so boring.

Bartski

Gold Member
ok well that's that. Now to re-watch it somewhere it's not a fucking pixel porridge. Couldn't make anything out of it like the stream quality was dogshit to the point I can't even tell if those mechanics were any interesting

Quantum253

So that was the last of the listed Summer Games Fest lineup. Unfortunately, there is very little I would pick up day one.
There seems to be a mix bag, but Microsoft might have had the best showing

SJRB

Gold Member
I like how the post-show is literally the exact same thing only with people talking over it and pointing out the most obvious shit.

Reactions: GHG

John Marston

GAF's very own treasure goblin
ok well that's that. Now to re-watch it somewhere it's not a fucking pixel porridge. Couldn't make anything out of it like the stream quality was dogshit to the point I can't even tell if those mechanics were any interesting
I was watching on the Ubi channel and it did look like a pixelated mess.

Also, no Just Dance?
I was destabilized 😆

AC:S looks nice, but I still can't get over the ridiculous choice of a black samurai. It feels weird to have a game where a huge black guy crushes and demolishes an endless parade of Asian people, especially in the light of the many cases of black street violence against Asians in the real world.
I think they desperately didn't want to look like a ghost of tsushima knock off. You can already see the comments people are making about the game not looking as good as GoT.

If anything, having a black samurai makes the game far more interesting because people will wonder how this story will play out more versus doing another traditional samurai story.

Top Bottom