• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 154 |OT| Return of the King

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
THE WINNER AND STILL THE GREATEST MIXED MARTIAL ARTIST OF ALL TIME!

i29SOb1hQRJu5.gif

I like Hendrick's knockout. But can't really recall a fight where he had to go against a wrestler of GSP's caliber.

If GSP wasn't injured, he probably would've went to the Olympics and did the same b.s.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
both fighters impressed me. condit looked great, he went after it and never settled with his position - always working to regain guard, set up subs, strikes from the bottom and attempted sweeps. gsp though, wow. very aggressive and looked like the injury and time off didnt do any harm at all. biggest surprise of all was how he faced pretty major adversity with that head kick and ass whuping that followed only to quickly regain control and continue to dominate. fucking great fight by both guys.

I don't know man. I like Anderson. Great striking. Decent BJJ.

But in a five-round fight against the cardio, wrestling and striking of GSP, I just see the odds on GSP unless Silva can really land one of his wicked knock outs.
Because Anderson doesn't need a huge window to put a guy away. Considering GSP doesn't put people away, that's a lot of chances for Andy to capitalize.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
I didn't find George's grappling in the last two rounds boring. He was throwing elbows, leaking Condit and taking some punches from him himself.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
really, we are bitching about 50-45 vs 49-46? who fucking cares, it was a dominant victory

Yeah that was kinda shitty, had it 49-46 all the way.

Me too.

Everybody who knows me here KNOWS I'm no GSP jock-rider...but I have to think Silva has to be hating the notion of facing GSP. Dude is an amazing wrestler, flat-out. The only thing Spider could see that he would like was GSP's meh striking, and almost getting KOed on the headkick, but is that the ring rust?

Mahzkrieg

Banned
George landed AMAZING shots when he was swarming for the takedown.
Hey Georges... just keep swarming. Ditch the takedown.

Jesus. You're better than sitting in half guard.

Silva was licking his lips watching this fight. He would make a ton of money to body GSP.

We got the good GSP back for a couple of rounds, then he took a shot, remembered that he's a slippery coward and boring GSP fully returned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom