• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 200 Tate vs Nunes |OT| The Fall of Jonesius

Status
Not open for further replies.

ApharmdX

Banned
All that matters is who's a better fighter. They're both good fighters, but one happens to be a good person while the other is a total shitbag. I don't want total shitbags representing the sport.

Well, that's kind of Jones' thing. Look at Mayweather. Dude has parlayed his infamy into $750m in purses over his career. And with Jones it comes naturally, he doesn't even need to play it up. The man really is a flaming sack of dogshit. We tune in because we want to see him get knocked senseless.

I'd love to see DC win, too. And he could. He's got better power than Jones. If he doesn't get tied up, he might win by KO. How delicious would that be?

Dr.Acula

Banned
Yes! UFC 200 thread, this is the perfect place to ask!

Anyone have experience watching PPV on the PS3? I'm probably going to go over to my buddy's place and bring my console to make it happen. We're in Canada BTW.

I installed the events app and it says the fight is available.

Can we order it the night of, or do I have to order it ahead of time, will moving the console to another IP/ISP cause problems?

Levito

Banned

Anyone have experience watching PPV on the PS3? I'm probably going to go over to my buddy's place and bring my console to make it happen. We're in Canada BTW.

Can we order it the night of, or do I have to order it ahead of time, will moving the console to another IP/ISP cause problems?

I haven't used event viewer on PS3, but on PS4 it's fine, I've ordered PPVs like 20 mins before they start on there.

Perhaps. DC fought a really stupid fight in their first match and dropped a decision, but he wasn't dominated or outclassed like a lot of Jones' opponents. This is a winnable fight for him, no question in my mind.
DC wasn't merked like Shogun or outclassed like Rampage was but it wasn't a close fight either.

If DC comes out with a gameplay similar to the those he had against Gustafsson or Rumble, he'll lose. If he comes out with them same gameplay from the first fight, he'll lose. Jones' wrestling and versatility is on a different level from the other top guys in the division and DC can't bully Jones like he did with Rumble.

Look, anybody can get caught. I just don't really understand how you guys envision DC winning outside of banking on Jones being a step slower than before and eating way more shots as a result.
I haven't used event viewer on PS3, but on PS4 it's fine, I've ordered PPVs like 20 mins before they start on there.
Yup, PS4 live event viewer has been money both times I've used it. Never cut out and was smooth throughout.

Cromwell

Banned
DC wasn't merked like Shogun or outclassed like Rampage was but it wasn't a close fight either.

If DC comes out with a gameplay similar to the those he had against Gustafsson or Rumble, he'll lose. If he comes out with them same gameplay from the first fight, he'll lose. Jones' wrestling and versatility is on a different level from the other top guys in the division and DC can't bully Jones like he did with Rumble.

Look, anybody can get caught. I just don't really understand how you guys envision DC winning outside of banking on Jones being a step slower than before and eating way more shots as a result.

Bisping just knocked out Rockhold in the first round, anything is possible these days.

I've only used it once for UFC on ps4, but it ran smoothly. Good resolution, though it's 30fps and not the standard 60fps for sports casting. Other than that it's fine.

BadAss2961

I'm pretty sure DC's going for the knockout, putting his wrestling in the backseat since he knows how hard it is to take Jones down. Every bit of training i've seen from him has been boxing, whereas last time he was primarily focused on wrestling.
Miesha Tate´s
hypnotherapist

I wonder how much he charged for that session. lol

Im so hyped for this. I was just getting into MMA when UFC 100 happened, so its cool to be on board for 200.
Hoping for a DC win, but i just dont see it happening. Jones is going to send him crying to his locker room again.
In 2016 where anything is possible, im also not willing to flat out state that Hunto will walk off KO Bork either. I mean, its the most likely outcome, but...Bisping v Rockhold...

Camwi

My picks (thanks parrotbeak)

• Daniel Cormier vs Jon Jones
  • Miesha Tate vs Amanda Nunes
  • Jose Aldo vs Frankie Edgar
  • Brock Lesnar vs Mark Hunt
  • Cain Velasquez vs Travis Browne
  • Gegard Mousasi vs Thiago Santos
  • Johny Hendricks vs Kelvin Gastelum
  • TJ Dillashaw vs Raphael Assuncao
  • Joe Lauzon vs Diego Sanchez
  • Takanori Gomi vs Jim Miller
  • Cat Zingano vs Julianna Pena
  • Sage Northcutt vs Enrique Marin

Lesnar will go straight for the takedown and pound Hunt out via crucifix.

BadAss2961

Brock making DC look like a manlet. DC definitely needs to go back up if he loses.

Ariel... First time i've seen a journalist get a pop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom