• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/EU Amiibo Thread | Compatible with the regular-sized New Nintendo 3DS

Koren

39 EUR for Shulk, DeDeDe and Meta Knight are pretty scalpery to me.
I'd say it depends if they bought it for 10€ from Nintendo or 30€ from third-party seller to have rare stock.

The pikachu prices make me think it's the former, though, because I'm pretty sure you can order stock from Nintendo.

Cappa

Banned
This is a photo of a store in Spain.

B-sWi2CW0AEjhW8.jpg:medium

So, yeah, craziness has arrived to Europe as well.

that's a store that probably bought the amiibos from an official retailer and is selling them at higher prices.

I can confirm, as I live in Spain as well, that at the official retailers like fnac, el corte ingles, media market and GAME, they are almost IMPOSSIBLE to find. (and perhaps your picture would explain why lol)

So far I've only gotten Lucario, Ike, Megaman and Bowser.

I can't find any anywhere else... not even the Marios.

Shout out to Murkas who hooked me up with a Pit at a good price! I'd been searching like crazy to find one but just had no luck until he helped me out.

Although I'm reorganising my collection (and indeed my games room) at the moment, he's gonna take pride of place right next to Shulk on the shelf where they're all hanging out right now, until I can put them back where they belong.

Appreciate it man, thanks a bunch! Now I've got all I want... Until wave 4.... nesssssssssss

that's a store that probably bought the amiibos from an official retailer and is selling them at higher prices.

It took me a while to realise but there's an well known Amazon seller who is doing the same thing. It's basically an alternate form of scalping. That is something I know for sure and I think there's more to their location than they say.

Retail stores in the UK have caught on and upped their online prices too.

Murkas

Shout out to Murkas who hooked me up with a Pit at a good price! I'd been searching like crazy to find one but just had no luck until he helped me out.

Although I'm reorganising my collection (and indeed my games room) at the moment, he's gonna take pride of place right next to Shulk on the shelf where they're all hanging out right now, until I can put them back where they belong.

Appreciate it man, thanks a bunch! Now I've got all I want... Until wave 4.... nesssssssssss

No worries, enjoy mate <3

Dedede is up on gamestop.co.uk but I can't seem to pay for it... Keeps refreshing.

Sadface.

I signed up for GameStop UK once I heard about them having Metaknight. I ordered back in early January and then they ended up cancelling and other BS. I said I'll close my account. But then thought I'd I give a second chance and yeah, this shit is happening. Just as crap as they are in the US as they are here.

ERHM RELLY FERRLIN' IT!

snipah

Neo Member
I could order five minutes ago. Already have a confirmation. Paid via paypal!

[edit] You're right! Gone! :( Sorry, wish you guys had more luck!

So I managed to order Shulk and Dedede from Tesco at 4:30am this morning... And then Meta Knight from GameStop at 6:30am. Hopefully none of these get cancelled! They're the only ones I need!

Anyone else order at ridiculous times? - luckily I happened to wake up to a text alert so just jumped on it :p

snipah

Neo Member
Anyone saw a Meta Knight in retail in the Dusseldorf/Neuss/Cologne-area? Wow be really thankful for a hint!

Reposting
Brian&#9733;;153730076 said:
Really looking for a Shulk and Little Mac amiibo. (Unopened, any version (preferably Japanese)).
*sigh, I'll buy them for $25AUD each + shipping. Feel free to pm me.
_

Brian&#9733;;153734987 said:
thanks so much! EU is good!

I'll pay for shipping towards Australia.

No problem, the least I can do after a gaffer from Australia sent me a New 3DS XL early :p Let's hope I actually get this spare tomorrow (and my one too aha)!

I may have a spare Shulk coming (EU tho)... (I ordered from a couple of places in fear of cancellation) - I'll contact you tomorrow if I do :)

btw.
Thankyouthankyou so much <3. I needed a Shulk and now I should have one.
You should get $42.10Australian Dollars (21.40 Pounds). It should be a small package.

Bazry

I put Shulk on Tesco stock alert, so seemingly that does nothing as have no email from them saying he was in stock :(

Bazry

I assume someones just gone onto Tesco in the early hours and order 100s of them as theres no limited to how many you can order

Thanks, what alert are you using?

Combination of text alerts from the amiibofiguresuk twitter feed and email alerts from numerous sites - but like Bazry said:

I put Shulk on Tesco stock alert, so seemingly that does nothing as have no email from them saying he was in stock :(

I get no alerts from Tesco via email either :/

But the twitter alerts have bagged me the Shulk, Dedede (both Tesco) and Meta Knight (GameStop) I needed all just this morning - I just hope nothing gets cancelled :/

kubus

Going to post this again:

If anyone could get me a Shulk and/or Meta Knight I'd be SO grateful. Will pay cost + shipping to the Netherlands up front of course.

These are the only two missing in my Smash collection and Shulk is my favorite character :(. I would love to have him! Any region is fine.

Thanks <3

Why aren't people using Pushbullet to let us know when there is stock available?

Posting it here is letting loads of lurkers know, making it harder for us.

Pushbullet Note
Welcome to the Pushbullet community, Europe!

If you want to join our Pushbullet channel, pm me!

Pushbullet is an app that pushes notifications to your phone!

PLEASE NOTE -That our Pushbullet community is international, so you will receive US, Japanese and European notifications.

We will be sending a test alert in order to keep Pushbullet stable.

Please say Aye if you have received it.

Back 2 Topic
Can we include Australia/NZ in the UK/EU thread? We should be included since we're like basically the same region Nintendo considers so.

Brian&#9733;;153739865 said:
Pushbullet Note

PLEASE NOTE -That our Pushbullet community is international, so you will receive US, Japanese and European notifications.

Back 2 Topic
Can we include Australia/NZ in the UK/EU thread? We should be included since we're like basically the same region Nintendo considers so.

I'm all set up now thanks :)

And yeah I don't see why Australia/NZ shouldn't be included we're all PAL's here ;)

nibblemonkey

Neo Member
Pushbullet Note

Back 2 Topic
I see no reason not to include them. I do have something to possibly change about the Pushbullet, for sites like GameStop which operate in more then one region can you add that region to it (e.g. GameStop UK)

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Might be the same Nintendo region, but since this is about physical goods the australian continent would be shipping stuff from across the globe. Also they don't benefit like the EU countries do when it comes to shipping and taxes.

kubus

Got this guy (not the cat ;))

Thanks to a kind gal at another forum :D. And best of all: I only had to pay normal retail price :).

Still hunting for Shulk and Meta Knight, anyone know if the rumors that they'll be receiving a new shipment sometime in March are true?

Top Bottom