• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK: "Last of Us Part 2 sales in the UK are more than double what Part 1 managed"

GHG

Druckmann haters right now:

Aaron Paul He Cant Keep Getting Away With This GIF by Breaking Bad

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Gold Member
The Last of Us fans deserve their victory lap. They definitely get a lot of shit. Honestly, I don't know if anyone actually predicted this wouldn't sell though. Almost anything Sony 1st party sells crazy numbers these days.

We definitely saw people on here saying they're sick of the re-releases, so this is the nail in that coffin. Probably getting more things like this since it's so insanely profitable.

Sethbacca

We definitely saw people on here saying they're sick of the re-releases, so this is the nail in that coffin. Probably getting more things like this since it's so insanely profitable.
Given the abysmal performance of Xbox over the last decade and the sales of PS5, plus the ever increasing size of the gaming population in general, there are probably a lot of people changing platforms that may never have played the originals.

ByWatterson

Can we have two thoughts at the same time?

1. Needlessly woke shit is bad. REE types policing consumption and language are bad.

2. The Last of Us Part II features a trans character (#TeamLev) who just wants to feel human. This isn't woke - a person trying to figure out how and where to be authentic is a universal experience. Ellie isn't a woke character either - she's just gay, who cares.

TLOU2 isn't woke at all - it's human.

P.S. Abby is a gorgeous beefcake fight me.

Last edited:
The Last of Us fans deserve their victory lap. They definitely get a lot of shit. Honestly, I don't know if anyone actually predicted this wouldn't sell though. Almost anything Sony 1st party sells crazy numbers these days.

The Last of Us tax?

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Given the abysmal performance of Xbox over the last decade and the sales of PS5, plus the ever increasing size of the gaming population in general, there are probably a lot of people changing platforms that may never have played the originals.
Seems to be the case. I'm a little surprised honestly with how successful PS4 was vs Xbox One. We all expected Wii U games to sell when re-released on Switch, but I don't know who was dying for a re-release of The Last of Us 2 honestly. I got the game digitally for $10 at least a year ago.

Well deserved. Part 2 has had very strong sales legs in 2022 and 2023. Charting a hell of a lot compared to other Sony games of similar age. No surprise it would continue in 2024.

2021 was the only year it showed a slow period for sales based on charts.

It's Net sales and high PPU also reflects how well it's done. It's funny because if they bundled it at over 20% like GOW 4 and Horizon then the internet would consider it more successful even though that does very little for the net sales of a game. Hence why they have much lower PPUs and comparable totals to Part 2s net sales.

Last edited:

HeWhoWalks

Gold Member
You can call it that if you want? Not really my series. But I definitely see lots of TLoU fans claim repeatedly that they feel the game gets unwarranted hate. Even if I agree with Sony fanatics they don't know how to mentally process it. Just regurgitate meme.
No. The game deals with regurgitated nonsense.

Calverz Calverz

Does it need to be that in your eyes for it to be a success? Just wondering, because the goals seem to move all around at will.

Last edited:

Calverz

No. The game deals with regurgitated nonsense.

Calverz Calverz

Does it need to be that in your eyes for it to be a success? Just wondering, because the goals seem to move all around at will.
Genuinely don't understand what you mean. I love The Last of Us 2. Always said that. Im just asking for sales data.

T4keD0wN

Is he talking about the remaster against the remake or remake vs the sequel? Could use a bit more context here.

Last edited:

Ulysses 31

Part 1 as in the "remake" that released last year?

How his this some sort of victory that a sequel to a well beloved game has sold more than a remake not even a year old?

The tweet was bit vague and I assumed lifetime sales(PS4+PS5) version of the game obviously having sold more than the Part 1 remake.

Last edited:

XXL

Wasn't it much cheaper than the first game?

The original remake was full price if I remember correctly and this one isn't. If so that helped.

tommib

Part 1 as in the "remake" that released last year?

How his this some sort of victory that a sequel to a well beloved game has sold more than a remake not even a year old?
Because it’s a barebones remaster of the sequel that everyone says is inferior and hated by fans and that sales show it.

Well the fucking sales show that the fucking barebones remaster sequel is selling like a motherfucker in Summer in a red Lamborghini. Just swallow it.

PART II IS A BEHEMOTH OF SUCCESS.

200.gif

The Last Of Us Clicker GIF by HBO

Last edited:
Top Bottom