• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UNCHARTED |OT| The Master Thief Collection

So, I was going to get the platinums the easy way (I know, shame on me) by using the infinite ammo and one shot kill tweaks, and I came to notice that I can't use them on a new game on crushing difficulty.

No plats for me i guess.

Which game are you on? There's a different method for using it for each game, but it's possible for all three.

Spanky

Neo Member
Absolutely love these remasters - its strange that my order or preference on the PS3 was 2, 1, 3 now its 3, 1, 2 - go figure. The differences are big but the fun is just as big as ever.

Even had a go at a scenic snap too on U3...

20151023142329_zpslfr1l3yc.jpg

MAX PAYMENT

Uncharted 1. Just beat it, still don't like it.

Uncharted 2. Just finished the museum heist betrayal intro. What a rough start. The snowy train intro was cool to watch, but not fun to play.

Also the stealth museum part was terrible too. At borneo. I think this is when it actually becomes an uncharted game.

Alo0oy

Banned
Uncharted 1. Just beat it, still don't like it.

Uncharted 2. Just finished the museum heist betrayal intro. What a rough start. The snowy train intro was cool to watch, but not fun to play.

Also the stealth museum part was terrible too. At borneo. I think this is when it actually becomes an uncharted game.

I liked those parts (& most slow parts in the franchise)...but only the first time. Non-skipable real time cutscenes are like that too.

Playing them after the first time is terrible & boring, I get the purpose of the UC2/3 intos or desert level, but don't fucking let me do it every time I play them. Please Arne, if you are reading this, add Arcade Mode in UC4 where you only play the playable parts, so no forced walks or forced cutscenes.

Linius

Just arrived at the heading upriver part with the jetski's. Time for a break now. From what I understood this sequence in specific is rather infamous :p

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
I liked those parts (& most slow parts in the franchise)...but only the first time. Non-skipable real time cutscenes are like that too.

Playing them after the first time is terrible & boring, I get the purpose of the UC2/3 intos or desert level, but don't fucking let me do it every time I play them. Please Arne, if you are reading this, add Arcade Mode in UC4 where you only play the playable parts, so no forced walks or forced cutscenes.
Cut out the puzzles too while you're at it.

DJ_Lae

I've played the games before back around each original launch, but it was nice to go through them again, especially at 60fps.

I also changed my mind on preference - I feel weird about this, but I had the most fun with Uncharted 3. The end of Uncharted 2 really put me off this time around, and although it has some great chapters (train in particular) I'd probably rank it lower on replay.

Uncharted 3 does have those horrid hallucination portions, so it's somewhat of a toss up, but I really liked everything else about it.

And Uncharted 1 is fun enough in its own little bubble, though it is weird how many times you find a secret or locked path into some ruins only to have enemies bust in a back door on you. It could do with some less combat somehow.

I actually have an urge to replay the games on higher difficulties now, where I just sort of noodled my way through them before.

Gray Matter

Can anyone confirm if this works?

Warning:This method only work for UC3!!!!
step 1:new game ,choose brutal difficulty.
step 2:push options button→Game→ change difficulty to Crushing
step 3:enable One shot kill and Infinite ammo
step 4:change difficulty back to brutal, and chose yes.
step 5: Save game and enjoy the brutal difficulty with one shot kill and infinite ammo

you need to beat Crushing or Hard to unlock one shot kill and infinite ammo!But you have to beat Crushing to unlock Brutal difficulty!

Q:Can I get the Brutal trophy?
A:Yes, you can get the trophy 100%.The origin method(UC3) was found by Chinese player(I saw it on the Chinese trophy website) and many of them already got the trophy and I got it too.

Q:How to find out if this actually work?
A:Go through the first chapter and quit to the main menus.Chose Chapter and see if it have"Finished on Brutal difficulty" on the bottom.

Q:Is this method work on 1 and 2?
A:No, but what you need to do is change way on step 1, 2 and step 4
step 1:Chose Chapter 1 on Brutal difficulty (You do not need to chose new game).
step 2:change difficulty to Crushing or hard , and push option to resume instead of ○ and X
step 4:change difficulty back to brutal, and push option to resume instead of ○ and X
U do not need to save the game at all.

Q:What is the fun on that?
A:If you enjoy the one shot kill(enemy) difficulty, please go ahead and enjoy it.Just do not ask me.

Absolutely love these remasters - its strange that my order or preference on the PS3 was 2, 1, 3 now its 3, 1, 2 - go figure. The differences are big but the fun is just as big as ever.

Same with me. The lag input on PS3 made me dislike it way more. Now everything is fixed and it feels great. I did have to crack the sensitivity almost max.

I think the train level is great in UC2, but replaying them all I think that the entire shipyard and cruise ship level one-up it totally. Just mechanics too. Cover system is better, hand to hand is better (except for the roll away problem) puzzles and platforming I also prefer more.

I've given all three remasters a fair shake, but I don't seem to enjoy these games like I used to. The gunplay is atrocious.

At least Uncharted 4 looks to be a leap in the right direction regarding gunplay. And Drake's movement in UC4 looks leagues ahead of its predecessors. That also has me excited.

Just arrived at the heading upriver part with the jetski's. Time for a break now. From what I understood this sequence in specific is rather infamous :p

It's pretty fine if you don't try to blaze through it. I always post back a little bit and take out the enemies slowly before progressing through. Got it on my first try. (On Normal, dunno what difficulty you're on.)

I've given all three remasters a fair shake, but I don't seem to enjoy these games like I used to. The gunplay is atrocious.

At least Uncharted 4 looks to be a leap in the right direction regarding gunplay. And Drake's movement in UC4 looks leagues ahead of its predecessors. That also has me excited.

I kind of forgot how I played the originals. Then remembered that blind-firing and running and firing from the hip are super useful. I ended up moving around way more than when I first started playing and just hiding in cover.

Though I am playing on Normal and that probably doesn't work for the harder difficulties.

Daffy Duck

Just finished UC1, really enjoyed it again, been years since I played it last.

That end boss fight though is appalling, can't quite decide if it's as bad as the Order 1886 or worse!

Menome

Oh, screw Chapter 11 in the first Uncharted. Screw it to hell. It is not fun.

And I know there's a worse small-arena to come later in the game. God damn.

Linius

It's pretty fine if you don't try to blaze through it. I always post back a little bit and take out the enemies slowly before progressing through. Got it on my first try. (On Normal, dunno what difficulty you're on.)

Yeah I ended up making it in the second try. And that's only because I was fooled by a barrel coming around the corner when I was ramping up a small waterfall at the beginning of the sequence. Second time I knew it was coming so I shot it before I went up there.

Main struggle is the control of the jetski paired with the water working against you whilst also shooting these guys to hell. But on normal it's quite doable.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I finally got Uncharted Collection in my hands so I wonder what is best setting for UC1, UC2 and UC3. Display-wise, like Motion Blur (Object, Object and Camera, Off)

Raptomex

Beat Uncharted 2 last night. Much better experience than the original due to the enhancements. The final "boss fight" was still complete shit but I found it easier this time around.

Man, Syria in UC3 was not fun near the end. Glad I'm now in Yemen though.

It's kind of not a good sign when a couple specific encounters on Normal you can tell will be potentially super frustrating on Crushing. That is, if I decide to do Crushing for this game. Mostly because there's no medals in game. Just the treasures, rewards, and statistics list. It's so much more convenient to check an in game medals list rather than backing out to the home screen and hitting the trophies menu.

I remember disliking the museum heist in Uncharted 2 when I first played it, but after replaying it in the remastered collection I enjoyed it much, much more. The visuals and music gave me an Arabian Nights/Price of Persia vibe, which I'm an absolute sucker for.

I never normally experience motion sickness but chapter 12 in Drakes Fortune has messed me up. I still feel dizzy.

It's the camera. The auto adjust on it is incredibly twitchy, and with how much the current pushes the jet-ski left and right, the camera is constantly auto adjusting to face wherever the nose points when you accelerate. That section was even worse than I remember.

Shambhala
in UC2 blew my pants off but France (Chapter 6) in UC3 could pass as a current gen game. Good lord that lighting is ridiculous.

There have been several gasp out loud moments for me in this collection and I've played these games before. I can't even imagine what they're going to pull off with UC4.

Shambhala
in UC2 blew my pants off but France (Chapter 6) in UC3 could pass as a current gen game. Good lord that lighting is ridiculous.

There have been several gasp out loud moments for me in this collection and I've played these games before. I can't even imagine what they're going to pull off with UC4.
Yeah the chateau is amazing. I kept stopping to take screenshots.

Mine was 3-1-2 on PS3
I was spoiled by so many people telling me Uncharted 2 is the best

Now it is 3-2-1. But it's a close call.

How long have these games taken you? For me it was

Uncharted 1: 6h 6m on Hard
Uncharted 2: 8h18m on Hard
Uncharted 3: 6h59m on Hard

A lot shorter than I remember these games, even though I took my time and searched for treasure. Thus said I really hope Uncharted 4 will be considerably longer.
At least 10+ hours

TEH-CJ

Banned
Can someone tweet blupoint and ask them to patch hit reactions in uc3? Kind of disappointed in them for not noticing it.

Can someone tweet blupoint and ask them to patch hit reactions in uc3? Kind of disappointed in them for not noticing it.

Saying they didn't notice is a little unfair, and probably inaccurate. Maybe Bluepoint going in and adjusting the gameplay/animations to that level was simply beyond the scope of this remaster. The blame isn't on them anyway, blame ND for making the game like that in the first place.

Lightning

Banned
Uncharted 3 is so awesome but still pisses me off when my only checkpoint fails come from my failures in this games scripted chase scenes. They're annoying as fuck.

I think that'd fundamentally change the gameplay flow and Bluepoint discussed early on with ND exactly what to change/leave as is, I'm sure it wasn't an oversight, but just not a priority.

TripOpt55

Started up 3 today. It really looks fantastic. It is pretty much how I remember it from a gameplay perspective. Kind of a one step forward, two steps back sort of sequel. They definitely improved on some stuff where as other things are worse. I'm still really enjoying it so far despite some annoyances.

Oh my God! I forgot how utterly annoying UC2 boss final boss battle was.

It's terrible. One of the worse last bosses in history. The end boss and those ram-man things is what keeps me from putting UC 2 in the elite category. Those two elements ruin such a great game. I am on chapter 22 now. I'm dreading this fight again.

Was playing through UC3 yesterday and I managed to glitch through a wall

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXQGGPRlE9Q
I've glitched into one of the boats in the big water arena twice.

It's the boat immediately to the left, I was just swimming by and yoink, it sucked me into the hull and I could only get out by glitching into cover at the stern over and over, which slowly raised me out little by little.

The second time I was hanging off, trying to pull down an armored guy, he kicked me off and instead of flying back off the boat, he kicked me into the hull. I had to use the same method to get out.

mrqs

So, what's the consensus around here? Does Uncharted holds up these days? It deservers the 90+ scores? It's really that great of a game?

Top Bottom