• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Unrecord - Official Early Gameplay Trailer (Unreal Engine 5-powered body-cam FPS)

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Unrecord is a tactical shooter where players can expect an immersive and narrative experience. Unrecord features complex dialogues, innovative gameplay mechanics, tough moral dilemmas, and a unique shooting system.
The storyline in Unrecord can be compared to a detective novel or a thriller. The player will have to investigate several criminal cases and confront a diverse cast of characters.

The game's plot and presentation will be central to the gameplay experience, and players can anticipate a range of gameplay sequences as well as numerous plot twists.

KEY FEATURES

• An original aiming system: free-aiming system with authentic ADS and unrestricted hand movements.
  • Die and retry combat with a technical and minimalist approach. No room for errors; it's up to you to develop your own tactics.
  • Make dialogue choices that impact your experience, even during combat.
  • A narrative-driven FPS focusing on a plot rich in twists, inspired by the best crime and thriller stories.
  • Artistic direction that plays with the perspective of video and bodycam footage, creating a trompe l'oeil experience.
FAQ:

FuKF9eRX0AArzfy

Last edited:

stranno

Press kit for RAW gameplay.

It looks very realistic/photorealistic, but lightning is still rough. No RT, no shadows in the characters, lacking AO. Some furniture objects have very low geometry, like the final coach, which is basically a cube, and enemies are not that good.

The studio doesn't have publisher or money, so don't expect this to be released soon (or ever).

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.

It looks very realistic/photorealistic, but lightning is still rough. No RT, no shadows in the characters, lacking AO. Some furniture objects have very low geometry, like the final coach, which is basically a cube, and enemies are not that good.

The studio doesn't have publisher or money, so don't expect this to be released soon (or ever).
Wow, is there a reason why you seems against this game? Of course early gameplay won't look perfect but what I'm seeing here is very promising.

Btw graphics are good enough for an indie studio.

VN1X

Banned

...and despite that it still looks lightyears beyond whatever AAA is offering.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
WTF? I'm not agaisnt this game AT ALL.

I'm just being realistic, which is the point of this game.
I said YOU SEEMS. The nuance is important but sorry if I sounded harsh, not my intention.

When the hell did simple critiques become: "OH WOW I HATE THIS GAME!?!?11one!?11"
Again I never said he hated it ffs words are important you know.
But come on... a very early look at an indie game with few people working on it is NOT perfect. Shocker.
A fair critique would be, for example, the bodycam is not that great or graphics could use a bit of AO and more shadows etc...

But "don't expect this to be released soon (or ever)" is a bit silly don't you think? But maybe it's just me.
And maybe, MAYBE we could focus on what seems to work and wait for more advanced gameplay to criticize the graphics, which are looking very solid imo btw.

Last edited:

amc

It looks great, also looks like an Abandoned, The Day Before stunt. It's probably pure BS.

Please wish list on Steam. Clout.

Thabass

I said YOU SEEMS. The nuance is important but sorry if I sounded harsh, not my intention.

Again I never said he hated it ffs words are important you know.
But come on... a very early look at an indie game with few people working on it is NOT perfect. Shocker.
A fair critique would be, for example, the bodycam is not that great or graphics could use a bit of AO and more shadows etc...

But "don't expect this to be released soon (or ever)" is a bit silly don't you think? But maybe it's just me.
And maybe, MAYBE we could focus on what seems to work and wait for more advanced gameplay to criticize the graphics, which are looking very solid imo btw.
It's you. Stranno was talking about how the lighting didn't look right....and that's a fair critique. So, yes, very much a you thing. But, you apologized. So, no harm done.

Mr1999

The train station footage proved its very possible as far as graphics go, especially if a lot of the game is controlled, and since it has no multi-player and its cinematic per website its very doable now days, it looks edgy af though 🤣

I_D

I'm interested in how the aiming works in a game like this. It seems a bit chaotic.

Otherwise, it looks promising. Gives me Ready or Not / Zero Hour vibes.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
It's you. Stranno was talking about how the lighting didn't look right....and that's a fair critique. So, yes, very much a you thing. But, you apologized. So, no harm done.
You only answer one point of my message. What about the rest I said?
And I apologized for sounding harsh, but I stand by the gist of what I wrote.

Look at some other reply here who made fair points. "Lolilol ray tracing" and "don't expect this to be released soon (or ever)" are not one of them.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Uh, I don't think one person is supposed to be doing detective work during engaging hostiles like this, maybe they shouldn't be going for adventure stuff on top of the gunplay. Unless it ends up being some kind of F.E.A.R. like thing rather than realistic missions which would be pretty rad. Looks rad.

Last edited:

Thabass

You only answer one point of my message. What about the rest I said?
And I apologized for sounding harsh, but I stand by the gist of what I wrote.

Look at some other reply here who made fair points. "Lolilol ray tracing" and "don't expect this to be released soon (or ever)" are not one of them.
ALL of his critiques were fair. Small teams don't always release games. It's a fair point to comment on small teams sometimes don't get their games out due to money running out. That's a big part of the game's industry. That shit happens. Move on, please.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Looks cool. Keep in mind that this is an on rails FMV like experience, probably with "free" aiming in particular situations. They are using photo scanned assets and the animations are motion captured sequences. Still, this is very impressive for a small team.

Oh! Didn't know this. It making more sense now.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
ALL of his critiques were fair. Small teams don't always release games. It's a fair point to comment on small teams sometimes don't get their games out due to money running out. That's a big part of the game's industry. That shit happens.
They weren't. And I'm gonna give you a secret, small AND BIG teams can release their games and sometimes not, no need to make assumption for this one. The fact that you and your best friends are focusing only on the negative side of this video gives me enough information about you.
I'm gonna quote you in this thread when it release. My pleasure.
Move on, please
I don't know who you think you are but I'm doing what I want.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Looks cool. Keep in mind that this is an on rails FMV like experience, probably with "free" aiming in particular situations. They are using photo scanned assets and the animations are motion captured sequences. Still, this is very impressive for a small team.
Huh? I've been following the dev who has been working on it for a while and it's the first time I hear of this. Link? Or was it said on discord or something?

Still, the look can be aped even if it's not on rails. Like this dude almost did in Dreams of all things.

The devs call it a narrative and tactical FPS likening it to a cross between Firewatch and Ready or Not which would be a gross misrepresentation if it's really on rails in any way (being a very linear and focused game isn't the same thing at all as on rails either). Photogrammetry and motion capture have nothing to do with being on rails, both are commonly used in plenty games out there the last decade (decades in motion capture's case). This thing's clearly not trying to be the next SWAT game with depth to replay forever and ever with co-op, randomized content and new missions but yeah.

Also this game.

Last edited:

Gp1

Some heavy Escape from Tarkov vibes there.

Some animations in the shootouts and the pitch dark scenes with the flashlight denounces it a little but the camera movement and the illumination in the day scenes are a notch above anything else.

Thabass

They weren't. And I'm gonna give you a secret, small AND BIG teams can release their games and sometimes not, no need to make assumption for this one. The fact that you and your best friends are focusing only on the negative side of this video gives me enough information about you.
I'm gonna quote you in this thread when it release. My pleasure.

I don't know who you think you are but I'm doing what I want.
I don't know what you're talking about. I hope the game DOES release. I think you're reading into this a little bit more than you think you are lol. I hope this game releases and does well, because it looks awesome. But I do see some of the things the other dude was talking about. They're very small issues, but they're there.

Critiquing =/= we think it's bad. Which brings me back to my original point. People think that critiquing small things like this automatically assumes that the game is bad. Which is far from the case. But, go on...keep being wrong dude. I support you.

Also Alexios Alexios , why are you so triggered? lmao

Last edited:

ShadowNate

The whole video screamed faked to me, honestly. Hopefully, it's not, or at least not on its whole.

If UE5 is indeed capable of such visuals for relatively open spaces and decent performance, it would seem that the team put a huge amounts of work to integrate seemingly every bit of impressive next-gen UE feature.

They call it early footage, but as shown, it did remind me more of on-rails FMV "shooter" titles, and the prompts toward the end had a bit of Xbox Live FMV game vibe to them.

I also usually don't go for super-photorealistic looking games, a few exceptions aside, and rather prefer there's a distinct artistic deisgn look.

I don't know, it's weird but like, I don't believe what I'm seeing. Looks like a bunch of young adults messing around in a abandoned building and making it look like a game. I really don't believe that such graphics are possible...that or I'm really not up to date with tech.

Top Bottom