• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[US] Destiny 2 is currently the #1 Top Seller on Steam (Season of Defiance Trailer released as well)

Draugoth

Gold Member

7d4T730.jpg
jVI64ar.jpg

The Witness and Calus have extended their grasp beyond Neptune and begun their invasion of Earth. The line must be drawn here. Season of Defiance arrives today.

Last edited:
I don’t understand destiny, I must be missing something. Never seen something so popular I simply don’t understand how it can have any interest.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Big titles sell well day one on steam. More news at 11.

I don’t understand destiny, I must be missing something. Never seen something so popular I simply don’t understand how it can have any interest.
I played it alot during the plunder season. I found it very fun in the beginning, but it got old very fast. I ended like level 95 or 97 in the BP, I didn't even want to finish it.

Nydius

I'm envious of people who are still enthused by Destiny. I really loved the game from vanilla D1 through D2 Beyond Light but I burned out so hard during Beyond Light that I just can't stomach it any more. I watch trailers and they seem more bombastic and ludicrous than the prior ones, then I watch gameplay and it's more of the same grind that doesn't respect the player's time and wants them to commit all of their free time to it.

With their expansion + seasonal DLC model, it's essentially a FOMO driven MMO you're paying quarterly for.

Last edited:

sainraja

Big titles sell well day one on steam. More news at 11.

I played it alot during the plunder season. I found it very fun in the beginning, but it got old very fast. I ended like level 95 or 97 in the BP, I didn't even want to finish it.
You seem bothered.

Guys, guys, The_Mike didn't enjoy Destiny 2 and he only got up to level 95 so he played a lot. Let's dismiss everyone else's opinion!

GametimeUK

This is just going to be a never ending game isn't it?
Having Destiny 2 as a separate game was kind of a mistake. The whole series should just have been under one title like World of Warcraft. The problem with sequels to these service games is long term players lose all their cool shit during the transition.

Sticking with Destiny 2 for so long is jarring for my console only friends because they don't really understand the concept of expansions. They think they're too far behind and need Destiny 3 to catch up, but really they'd have no issue just jumping in when an expansion is fresh.

diffusionx

Gold Member
I don’t get this game and never will. Everything about it is utter nonsense, and the way Bungie shut down content you paid for is one of the scummiest things I’ve ever seen in video games yet they got rewarded for it.

How is something the number one “seller” when it’s free to play? It doesn’t make any sense to me, Steam is weird.

Last edited:

Thief1987

The fanboy edge here is getting unbearable. Sony buys a company and now Gaf cares about Destiny? It's so weird how hype you guys get because your plastic box manufacturer bought an IP you didn't care about.
Thread is started by a regular Gaf's news poster, there are only 36 posts here and barely 2-3 you can call "hyped", seems like someone is overreacting, or simply saying butthurted.

Last edited:

vivftp

The fanboy edge here is getting unbearable. Sony buys a company and now Gaf cares about Destiny? It's so weird how hype you guys get because your plastic box manufacturer bought an IP you didn't care about.

lol, what a stupid post. Your mind is so warped by the console wars that you don't even consider that there's a large community of people out there who love these games.

- Signed, a person who's got 2,500 hours in Destiny 1 and approaching 2,000 hours in Destiny 2.
Also signed, a PlayStation gamer.

Oh…well in that case, some gamers are weird because they are willing to pay full price for an expansion to a ftp game.

Gamers are weird for paying for massive annual campaign drops and season passes that give smaller content drops every 3 months? Explain why, and how that's different than simply buying a brand new game each year. Then explain why it's different than the COD gamer buying the new yearly COD game. Or a sports gamer buying the new Fifa, NBA, MLB, NFL or NHL game each year. I'm sure you'll be able to eloquently and concisely explain why it's weird.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Broke as a joke. Envious of those playing. Wish I was there.

Hoping come April I can experience the story. Just have to avoid spoilers until then.

EDMIX

I mean....the fucking game is number 1 on Steam.

That sounds to me like someone cared about that IP lol I don't know what any of this has to do with Sony lol So they just pretending to care?

Puts 3000 hours in Destiny to pretend to care to get Lasha mad, sounds plausible.. /s

You talk like Destiny 2 was some indie underground game no one mentioned before the acquisition, lmao.

lol, what a stupid post. Your mind is so warped by the console wars that you don't even consider that there's a large community of people out there who love these games.

- Signed, a person who's got 2,500 hours in Destiny 1 and approaching 2,000 hours in Destiny 2.
Also signed, a PlayStation gamer.

Gamers are weird for paying for massive annual campaign drops and season passes that give smaller content drops every 3 months? Explain why, and how that's different than simply buying a brand new game each year. Then explain why it's different than the COD gamer buying the new yearly COD game. Or a sports gamer buying the new Fifa, NBA, MLB, NFL or NHL game each year. I'm sure you'll be able to eloquently and concisely explain why it's weird.
It’s not different, that shit is weird too 🤷‍♂️

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Aim assists fooling the players, making them feel better...
"all the pros and best players are using a controller" someone said to me in here regarding mw2.
Yeah no shit, aim assist in that game is literally an aim bot.

You talk like Destiny 2 was some indie underground game no one mentioned before the acquisition, lmao.
No one gave a shit about destiny 2 in here before the acquisition.

I remember post like ethomaz saying "i always wanted to try out destiny 2.. Great game. I'm going to jump in tonight" when the thread about Sony buying Bungie popped.

Also, it's already been bumped down to a third place, where hogwarts and Steam deck is number one, and the game just got released.

JackSparr0w

Banned
I watched a couple of streams and man this game is looking dated.

Time to move on people it's not healthy. I've been there before with world of warcraft.

Top Bottom