• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[US] Destiny 2 is currently the #1 Top Seller on Steam (Season of Defiance Trailer released as well)

I watched a couple of streams and man this game is looking dated.

Time to move on people it's not healthy. I've been there before with world of warcraft.
Destiny 3 could be out late 2024 or more likely 2025.

Now "Lightfall" is out the next Expansion is "The Final Sphere" probably early 2024.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Same thing goes for most Bethesda/Activition games....esp CoD....
Idk, people talked alot about Skyrim and fallout.
Problem is, there's a new sequel like every decade, with hundreds of remasters in between.
So they get much talk at release, and not much later.

People don't talk alot about cod here because Gaf doesn't like online gaming.
I mean, they do now after Sony bought Bungie, but otherwise not.

CoD only gets mentioned because of the acquisition. If the deal wasn't there then no one would talk about it.

How does Destiny 2 work with making expansions free to play?

So far the only expansion I haven't bought is The Witch Queen. The thing is I bought all those expansions and couldn't get into it again. I'm done spending money on Destiny 2. I liked it until Forsaken came out.

I thought it was similar to WoW where when a new expansion comes out then all the previous expansions are free. But it seems even now that Lightfall is out I need to buy The Witch Queen for the "full experience" of free to play.

Last edited:

Freeman76

Glad i didnt succumb to hype this time. The first mission was same ol same ol, they charge 40 quid for a small expansion and then to access the meat of the content its 4 season passes. So done with their shitty business model of selling the minimum necessary and making you pay to keep up.

Well it's the norm that tens of millions of people do across multiple games and platforms. Still waiting to hear why it's weird.
Weird that people are willing to support shitty business tactics…don’t get me wrong, it’s not just the video game industry though, but this, season passes, micro transactions, yearly releases, it’s all garbage, and people are weird for buying into it and essentially fucking the quality of games in the gaming industry. But hey, that’s just my opinion, I’m only one person 🤷‍♂️

sainraja

"all the pros and best players are using a controller" someone said to me in here regarding mw2.
Yeah no shit, aim assist in that game is literally an aim bot.

No one gave a shit about destiny 2 in here before the acquisition.

I remember post like ethomaz saying "i always wanted to try out destiny 2.. Great game. I'm going to jump in tonight" when the thread about Sony buying Bungie popped.

Also, it's already been bumped down to a third place, where hogwarts and Steam deck is number one, and the game just got released.
^^ You can always count on The_Mike to show up and shit in Destiny related threads.

People talk about any game when there is a sequel coming out or new content. The last time The_Mike was behaving like this was when The Witch Queen came out. He hasn't been taking this well. Give him a min (or another year lol).

No one tell him about the Destiny OT thread and also no one tell him about other communities that exist out of here where people who play daily will most likely engage in. He's been obsessively trying to create this narrative and you will notice he does this in any thread about Destiny (sometimes even in other threads nothing to do with Destiny).

Last edited:

vivftp

Weird that people are willing to support shitty business tactics…don’t get me wrong, it’s not just the video game industry though, but this, season passes, micro transactions, yearly releases, it’s all garbage, and people are weird for buying into it and essentially fucking the quality of games in the gaming industry. But hey, that’s just my opinion, I’m only one person 🤷‍♂️

Not an opinion I agree with, but okeedokee 👍🏾

hxRHID7.png

STARSBarry

Gold Member

I mean strike 2 for a company who's excuse to release Destiny 2 was that it would stop them vaulting content so they couldn't just update Destiny. Then started vaulting content almost immediately.

But Destiny is just like FFXIV or WoW, people make these threads and then get upset when people don't give a shit or alternatively post valid criticism of a point they just walked.

Making this a meme as "YOU CANT CRITICISE THIS GAME I HAVE SUNK THOUSANDS OF HOURS IN HAR HAR IM SO FUNNY" is great so off you go, I'm sure the season pass is really cool this time around, but I for one would like to see bungie develop something new that isent just a new exclusive icon that comes free with any XXXXL shirt ordered from Destinystore.com

Kudos for still being the top "dad" game though.

Last edited:
Top Bottom