• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US Open 2016 [OT] Bodies ache, but New York will not wait. [Tennis]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kensuke

One of the worst matches I've ever seen. Both players look kinda injured. But even then Monfils gifted the first two sets, showing that the clowning stops being funny real quick when you bomb during a Slam semifinal. Then Djokovic sort of collapses, possibly after mentally checking out because he was sleepwalking through the match. I'm sure he's awake now and will end this travesty soon enough.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Monfils strategically going down 0-40 and holding to break Djokovic's spirit. So courageous.

Ricker

With the humidex factor though its like over 100 F out there right now...not sure what Monfils was pulling in the first set but I dont think either of them are faking right now.

MIMIC

Banned
Well that sure was something.

Just glad Novak is through. I don't ever want to even see that match again. Clowning, tanking, choking, sandbagging. Was truly the embodiment of a shitfest.

But I do think that the humidity contributed a lot to the physical problems near the end

Diamond

It's a shame Gael can't transform some of his showman energy into mental toughness in this kind of match. If he keeps being serious like he has this year he'll have other shots at Slams I think. Not so sure about Novak's form. Could be tough against a good Stan or Kei in the final. But he'll be the favourite, as usual.

Speevy

Banned
It looks like Nishikori won't have his way with Stan on the return the way he did with Murray. It should be a tight match. At least I hope it is.

Speevy

Banned
Good job Kei.

I'm conflicted. I know Djokovic can beat Nishikori much easier than Stan, so I don't know who I want to win.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Good job Kei.

I'm conflicted. I know Djokovic can beat Nishikori much easier than Stan, so I don't know who I want to win.

I think both could theoretically win, but Nishikori is more likely to be off. Idk.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
early break in the second. now the only thing we can hope for is that nishikori wins easily so he will be fresh for the match that decides the fate of tennis as we know it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom