• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US Open 2016 [OT] Bodies ache, but New York will not wait. [Tennis]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speevy

Banned
how nishikori managed to lose that set is one of the great mysteries of the universe.

Stan Wawrinka is a solid player. He wasn't playing that way in the first part of the set, and buckled down for the second part.

Now Kei looks like someone killed his dog. Shit.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
I think Stan will close it out in the fourth. Hopefully Stanimal shows up for the final instead of Wastinka

Speevy

Banned
xAONpwQ.gif

Diamond

Wow, Stan has this. Wait, no, Kei is fighting back... Unless... What a break from Wawrin... No, Kei is... No... Yes... Blargh.

Speevy

Banned
It's amazing how many matches Wawrinka wins these days after sleep walking through sets half the time.

See, you did it again. How are you going to give no credit to how well Nishikori played the first set of this match?

He was playing fast and aggressive with accurate shots and running Stan around the court.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
If Stan doesn't spray errors every 6 seconds and keeps his level up, he has a chance.

I would take Stan if they both played like they did today. We'll see. We know Stan is capable. But like you said, he's also capable of going error-crazy.

Kensuke

Nishokori was actually close to winning this match. He had enough break points in the second and third set. By the fourth set Wawrinka leveled up and Nishikori looked mentally broken.

Now let's see if Wawrinka can save tennis on Sunday. Again.

leng jai

See, you did it again. How are you going to give no credit to how well Nishikori played the first set of this match?

He was playing fast and aggressive with accurate shots and running Stan around the court.

Yeah and he was playing well and then by some miracle found a way to lose the second set. Playing well for a set and a half means nothing in a 5 set match. The third and fourth sets weren't high quality either, just Wawrinka getting a lead and then switching off and letting Nishikori break back both times.

oti

Banned
If you think about if, Djoker's first French was the worst French Open tournament I have ever witnessed so it would make sense if he won the US as well, as his run is probably the worst US Open run in the Open Era.

Ricker

Not sure who to root for lol...it would be cool for Kerber to consolidate her new number 1 ranking with another slam this year but at the same time Pliskova may never get another chance at the US Open anyway and she would just go nuts if she won...so may the best one for today win I guess and mostly,let it be a great match.

clemenx

Banned
Pliskova is going to be golden if she ever adds some variety. She hits it flat almost every single time, you're sadly not going to have them all go in. But she seems like she has the consistency in them.

oti

Banned
Pliskova is going to be golden if she ever adds some variety. She hits it flat almost every single time, you're sadly not going to have them all go in. But she seems like she has the consistency in them.

Does she know what a slice is?

Kerber trying to play the passing shot longline whyyyyyyyy.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
kerber has not lost a match this year after winning the first set. what better time to start than a grand slam final?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom