• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Valve CES Conference January 6. 8pm EST/5pm PST [Ended in 7 minutes]

Syf

Banned
It's over?!

MAvfoqM.gif

Barryman

What is the exact quote RE: the user base thing? Is he talking about total users with Steam? If so, maybe he'd be better served to compare his number with Sony's combined PS2 and PS3 sales...

AJLma

Valve is really taking it slow, lol.

I guess it's time to cool down on the SteamOS hype, and to quit waiting for the Steam controller. It's gonna be a while.

Steam Database ‏@SteamDB 3m
Valve will be selling Steam Controllers separately, and others will sell their own ( :eek: ) Steam Controllers as well.

cool so maybe others will release a more traditional steam controller.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
7 minutes must be a new record for presentations lol.

Sorry, I blinked and missed the whole thing. Gabe is too busy growing that fantastic beard to be burdened with Press Conferences.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Wow...why did they even bother doing a keynote?

Did Valve ever advertise this as a keynote?

Somehow I doubt it. This isn't E3. That's why there weren't video streams. It's a press briefing focused on steam boxes. The meat of the event is the journalists talking to the hardware manufacturers, and the info that comes out of that.

Not sure what people expected.

Sentenza

That's gotta be a record for shortest conference ever.
And they didn't make a single new reveal or statement either, apparently.
If the live blog reported everything he barely made a generic intro/recap of what was known for months. Which isn't much.

Kadin

Somehow I doubt it. This isn't E3. That's why there weren't video streams. It's a press briefing focused on steam boxes. The meat of the event is the journalists talking to the hardware manufacturers, and the info that comes out of that.

I expected at least 10 minutes...

It wasn't really a press conference, but an introduction. The meat of the info will come from the hardware vendor interviews. Hopefully we'll get a lot of spec and price point details.

Nzyme32

I've simply called it an event. Harldy anyone got the invite, but we'll need to see how active the guys who went are at talking to the OEMs.

Also multi-steam controllers. Interesting

Top Bottom