• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Variety] Evan Rachel Wood Alleges Marilyn Manson Abused Her

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
serious cary elwes GIF

What's with the holy war going on?

Depending on when their relationship started, it's pretty plausible that a teenage girl could be enamored and abused by someone like Manson who certainly had a lot of power both in wealth and as an influencer. He was still able to make money selling CDs so he probably did better than most.

These things are always difficult because here we are 15 years later with little evidence and no other corroborating accusers. So you have to look at their motivations and if there's any room for misunderstanding or different interpretations of the events that happened.

I know you're a Muslim but literally every Christian church I've attended in the past decade or more has had some form of rock band leading the worship service. Yeah they're not playing thrash metal but people in the 50s and 60s would have clutched pearls about it.

Rock and roll is also about as dead as disco so it didn't really evolve into anything other than more country or hipster music. It peaked in "hard" with nu metal in the late 90s and early 00s and got absorbed into other genres. Metal itself went pretty underground over the past couple decades when it couldn't cling onto the nu metal acts anymore.

That all said - sometimes song lyrics are an act and sometimes they're coming from a legitimate place. Rammstein and Metallica are two of my favorite bands and like 95% of the time their lyrics are edgy nonsense and I'm just there for the overall sound. In this particular case, maybe some of the more graphic sexuality Manson portrayed in his music had some truth to it?

Modern Christianity is pretty much corrupted beyond saving. They worship the trinity which goes against the basic tenets of monotheism and Jesus (as) himself warned about worshipping anything other than God. That they play loud music in their churches only shows that they lost the plot long ago.

It's just satanism repackaged. Who can you be an atheist and at the same time "worship" satan? It makes no sense.

They don't worship anything they don't even believe in his existence again it's a philosophy and i don't know what's so hard to grasp about this. Confucianists don’t worship Confucius and Buddhists don’t worship Buddha they just try to follow this idea the person or entity behind it doesn't matter.

Last edited:

showernota

Modern Christianity is pretty much corrupted beyond saving. They worship the trinity which goes against the basic tenets of monotheism and Jesus (as) himself warned about worshipping anything other than God. That they play loud music in their churches only shows that they lost the plot long ago.
Do you think the Trinity is Jesus, Mary, and the Father?

They don't worship anything they don't even believe in his existence again it's a philosophy and i don't know what's so hard to grasp about this. Confucianists don’t worship Confucius and Buddhists don’t worship Buddha they just try to follow this idea the person or entity behind it doesn't matter.
If they don't believe in him, then why attach satan's name to it? Why not just name it "Laveyan doctrine" or something that acknowledges Lavey instead of satan. Because Lavey damn well knew what he was doing, and that was practicing satanism and selling it in a different form.
This satanic worship goes back thousands of years and isn't anything new and only leads to darkness and hellfire.

This satanic worship goes back thousands of years and isn't anything new and only leads to darkness and hellfire.

Ehm no actual Theistic Satanism was always very rare and came up first in the Middle Ages mostly to fuck up people the church or really anyone didn't like, also hellfire doesn't exist so it doesn't really matter in any case.

Last edited:

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Didn't Manson bone that one washed-up actress in her prime to? I forget her name. She's a Twitter maniac now... Regardless what did women see in this guy?

Kimahri

Banned
You see it as close mindedness and ignorance because you lack in knowledge. Those "puritans" fighting back at rock and roll back in the days knew exactly what rock music stood for. They weren't ignorant or dumb, they were more informed than the people listening to it.
They just knew how to recognize it because their religion warned them exactly of what rock and roll brought to the table, and now look what rock and roll has evolved into. Guys with leather costumes and painted faces playing horrendous noise while screeching about how they hate christianity or God. I used to listen to metal and think nothing of it as I got into more and more extreme metal, but once you see it for what it actually is you grow a distaste for it and realize that those people are 100% unironically worshipping satan.
Who are these people rockers have evolved into with leather and painted faces (oh, the horror)? For someone dissing my level of knowledge I find it funny that this is your attack. Something rockers have been doing since the 60s is now what rock has evolved into?

Christ man, open your eyes a bit. This is just the same old story. Rock music leads to satan worship, roleplaying games lead to satan worship, video games lead to satan worship and violence. All just tired nonsense from scared old people who fear and hate what they don't understand.

Attitudes like yours have done way more harm than the collective world of metal.

Oh man, are you ever going to be shocked to learn about Norway.

Hah, true story. One of the "uncles" at my kid's kindergarten plays in a black metal band. He's really good at his job.

You're just going to get a bunch of paroxysmal replies from millennials who haven't forgiven their Christian fundamentalist (lol they weren't) parents for not letting them listen to the music they wanted growing up. They're stuck with an unchanging word outlook that the 80s/90s never ended, and their popular culture and enjoyment is threatened by Christianity. They know those types of people are in the severe minority now, but when they come across one they still feel the overwhelming shame/guilt they felt as a child for wanting to do what they were raised is wrong.

I grew up in one of the most secular countries on the planet. We have people still living in the dark ages, but luckily they are so few that stories like the one you just concocted in order to solidify your world view is extremely rare.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Seems legit
Funny she gonna call out people that supported him when she was one of them

Last edited:
Do you think the Trinity is Jesus, Mary, and the Father?
No I know it's the Father, the son and the holy spirit according to the christians but that's a corruption and explicitly against the principle of the religion that you worship God alone without any partners. Why would an all powerful god have a son anyway? And have that son killed and at the same time be that son? So they killed god? It makes no sense and is actually very blasphemous.

The Quran states:

19:88: And they say, "The Most Merciful has taken [for Himself] a son."
19:89: You have done an atrocious thing.
19:90: The heavens almost rupture therefrom and the earth splits open and the mountains collapse in devastation
19:91: That they attribute to the Most Merciful a son.
19:92: And it is not appropriate for the Most Merciful that He should take a son.
19:93: There is no one in the heavens and earth but that he comes to the Most Merciful as a servant.
19:94: He has enumerated them and counted them a [full] counting.
19:95: And all of them are coming to Him on the Day of Resurrection alone.

Islam basically corrects the bible and torah because it was corrupted over thousand/hundreds of years and brings the message back to its original form. That there is only one God who has no equal.

Peggies

Gold Member
No I know it's the Father, the son and the holy spirit according to the christians but that's a corruption and explicitly against the principle of the religion that you worship God alone without any partners. Why would an all powerful god have a son anyway? And have that son killed and at the same time be that son? So they killed god? It makes no sense and is actually very blasphemous.

The Quran states:

19:90: The heavens almost rupture therefrom and the earth splits open and the mountains collapse in devastation
19:92: And it is not appropriate for the Most Merciful that He should take a son.
19:93: There is no one in the heavens and earth but that he comes to the Most Merciful as a servant.

Islam basically corrects the bible and torah because it was corrupted over thousand/hundreds of years and brings the message back to its original form. That there is only one God who has no equal.
what the hell is wrong with you GIF by Saturday Night Live

The Quran states:

So you are just here to preach Islamism well knock yourself out i guess.

Last edited:

INC

The Quran states:

team america help GIF

Peggies

Gold Member

The Quran states:

The conspiracy nuts were banned but you are allowed to have your islamistic diarrhea spoiled all over here?!

Last edited:

Kimahri

Banned

The Quran states:

travis fimmel ragnar lothbrok GIF

showernota

The Quran states:
You're contradicting your quran regarding the Trinity, and saying the incorruptible words of your deity were corrupted.

This is derailing, though. I agree.

I grew up in one of the most secular countries on the planet. We have people still living in the dark ages, but luckily they are so few that stories like the one you just concocted in order to solidify your world view is extremely rare.
Maybe it's because you're from "one of the most secular countries on the planet" that my 'concocted' story about growing up with Christian fundamentalist parents doesn't apply/resonate? That would make sense, yeah?

Last edited:

Elektra

Neo Member
Don't know if Marilyn Manson actually abused her, but isn't this is a risk with groupies/fangirls/whatever in general? Rockstars fuck young girls, what else is new?
It's nothing new but it's still quite easy to get caught up in stuff like this when you are a teenager. Back in the day, I was friendly with a girl who went on tour with some semi-famous goth-rock band when she was 17. She thought the guy really had it for her. It obviously didn't last. She was still devasted. The same guy once asked me if I wanted to party in his hotel room with him. I was 16 and told him no because I had no interest in men twice my age. Looking back I did not have any business hanging with men twice my age in the first place but back then I was just excited to talk to someone whose music I loved.

Kimahri

Banned
You're contradicting your quran regarding the Trinity, and saying the incorruptible words of your deity were corrupted.

This is derailing, though. I agree.

Maybe it's because you're from "one of the most secular countries on the planet" that my 'concocted' story about growing up with Christian fundamentalist parents doesn't apply/resonate? That would make sense, yeah?
You said that in response to someone replying to me. Not much of a jump to assume you thought I was one of those millennials you spoke of.

Greedings

They either worship satan knowingly or unknowingly. Most of them definitely do it knowingly though. Metal music is filled with anti-religious sentiment. I know because I used to listen to it too. Do you really think it's a coincidence that nearly all metal bands have the same subject matter and style?
Angular sax, is that you?

let me guess, moon landings were a conspiracy, the earth is flat, and boobs look good on tv sometimes

TrainedRage

Banned
I’m sorry but even at like 13 I knew he was a creep. An 18 year old adult should probably know what they were getting into dating Marilyn Manson. But grooming is the new booming so ya know...

showernota

You said that in response to someone replying to me. Not much of a jump to assume you thought I was one of those millennials you spoke of.
It's a jump to assume that something is concocted when it doesn't specifically apply to your circumstance, but is a widely known phenomena North American (at least) experienced.

Kimahri

Banned
It's a jump to assume that something is concocted when it doesn't specifically apply to your circumstance, but is a widely known phenomena North American (at least) experienced.
When you say it as a "contribution" to a conversation between me and someone else, it's not.

But accusations of rape are serious. If somebody raped me, I'd go straight to the police or murder the rapist. You don't just put up with it. Or you do because Manson has a lot of money. That's what I think is going on in this case.

Wow. So obviously you have no idea what happens to the mental and emotional stability of someone who has been abused or raped. Way to make yourself look like a tool.

Last edited:

showernota

When you say it as a "contribution" to a conversation between me and someone else, it's not.
Unless you identify as a plurality capable of a "bunch of replies" it is.

And this is arguing a new point, that I was referring to you, and not the past point that my thesis was just made-up based on your personal experience. Either way, have a good night.

Last edited:

Rat Rage

So she was together with him for years and says he abused her all those years? Why didn't she just, you know, walk away? She was completely free to go.

Kimahri

Banned
Unless you identify as a plurality capable of a "bunch of replies" it is.

And this is arguing a new point, that I was referring to you, and not the past point that my thesis was just made-up based on your personal experience. Either way, have a good night.

Let's not get carried away here.

Delf

Banned
I'm sorry.

If you don't expect to get tied up, mentally tortured, smacked around, raped etc.. by Manson.. then your dumber then a rock. Its the scene, we all know and knew what that scene is if we knew people in and around it.

Its drugs, violence, BDSM, and insanity.

He put the damn video for (s)ain't 3 years before they even met.

Ladies, if ya man makes videos that look like this before ya'll start dating..
UDwEd6n.jpg

Theirs gonna be likes of coke, heroin, and ya might get ya labia smacked with a bullwhip.

McCheese

According to a lot of her interviews almost every male relationship she's been in was "abusive", she brings it up a lot, but is reluctant to actually name any of them, or provide any evidence, or press charges.

I'd want to see some receipts before they go and end his career over it

Last edited:

Cravis

Are we at believe all women or only believe some? I can never keep up with where we’re at. Although judging by the hard right turn to Satanville I am guessing we’re not believing this one 😆

Some autist saved this video which was the intro to Manson's website 10 years ago and now people are using it as 'proof' that he was abusing Wood

Seems fake to me, but the internet mob has already rendered it's judgment

I believe it.
Always figured something was up with him. Like, wtf is this?
UBwdgEU.jpg

Probably over a decade ago, now, but there was a time where gamers suddenly liked him because he mentioned in an interview that he played Ace Attorney lol might've even been a topic on this forum.

Top Bottom