• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vote for your best graphics of 2022

Best Graphics 2022

• Elden Ring

Votes: 43 10.2%
  • GT7

Votes: 34 8.0%
  • God of War: Ragnarok

Votes: 116 27.4%
  • Plague Tale: Requiem

Votes: 72 17.0%
  • Horizon: Forbidden West

Votes: 196 46.3%
  • Stray

Votes: 13 3.1%
  • Bayonetta 3

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Scorn

Votes: 27 6.4%
  • The Last of Us Part I

Votes: 69 16.3%
  • Marvel’s Spider-Man Remastered PC

Votes: 11 2.6%
  • Dying Light 2: Stay Human

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Ghostwire: Tokyo

Votes: 7 1.7%
  • The Quarry

Votes: 8 1.9%
  • Prodeus

Votes: 9 2.1%
  • Hyper Demon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gotham Knights

Votes: 4 0.9%
  • Other

Votes: 11 2.6%
  • Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Votes: 22 5.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tommib

The year is almost over and I wanted to check what you think were the best graphics you saw this year. Take your pick.

My main vote goes to Ghostwire, followed by GT7 and Scorn.

Update

Guess we got a top 5:

1 - Horizon: Forbidden West
2 - God of War: Ragnarok
3 - Plague Tale: Requiem
4 - The Last of Us Part 1
5 - Elden Ring

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Haven't played many games released this year, but still voted for Elden Ring and Scorn, both because of their artstyle.

Also, that inclusion of Hyper Demon on the list is pretty based. Game's visual style might be one of the most visually unique things in a long, long time.

Fbh

Should have named it "best visuals" or something instead based on some of the options in the poll. Also what's Bayonetta 3 doing there, not only are the graphics horrible, the art direction si by far the weakest in the trilogy too.
Either way, from the ones I've seen I'd say Horizon Easily has the best actual graphics. But for art direction I'd go with Elden Ring.

I'm playing through Demon Souls remake right now and I noticed the other day that even though the graphics in Demon Souls are substantially better than in Elden Ring, I took WAY more screenshots in Elden ring because the art direction and locations are way nicer.

Not yet played Requiem or Ragnarock so I vote for Forbidden West. I got lots of issues with Forbidden West but looks isn’t one of them.

Last edited:

chixdiggit

Plague Tale Requiem gets my vote. The dark environments are well done and the lighted outdoor environments are gorgeous. It's my go to game to show off my new OLED monitor.

Last edited:

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
I don't have a PS5, so I despite seeing few games mentioned in action I am not going to voting for it.

My votes are:

- Elden Ring. Vote because of sheer amount of assets which are neatly put together to comprehensive and diverse world, where I sometimes go on just for sightseeing

- SCORN. Vote, because it's weird, but it's comited to it's artstyle and it is something which I want more of in gaming industry and not less. Some scenes are super impressive from both technical and visual perspective.

Haggard

Banned
artstyle: Elden Ring
technology: HFW. With a bit more budget Plague Tale could`ve taken that crown, though.

Last edited:

nkarafo

I voted for Elden Ring. Because even though, technically, it doesn't do as much as something like Horizon or GoW, the later games look boring to me. Elden Ring though has amazing art direction. Some of it's scenes look like paintings.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
THIS THREAD NEEDS SCREENSHOTS !!!!
All my shots.... just few from my favs.
Art and architecture - Elden Ring
Graphics Tech - The Last of Us.
Overall ? - Probably Horizon. Horizon is the one I would replay FOR graphics.

ER
c4OKHGg.jpg

UWydvGE.jpg

DYDWhEQ.jpg

PauDkWi.jpg

e419uEw.jpg

FPjbA6q.jpg

YqkxchJ.jpg

evZ2xEP.jpg

Y24jaOL.jpg

It's a toss up between Spider-Man on PC and HFW... but I gotta give it to HFW. It's technically stellar with pretty good art direction. Spider-Man on PC is technically 🤌 but I don't find it's art direction all that great.

Special mention to Elden Ring! It's art direction was fantastic, better than HFW to me, but it has the Souls "jank" on the technical side. We are talking about graphics here, so we kinda gotta take the whole into account.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Of those I have played, GOWR. It's ridiculously detailed at times and can look absolutely stunning. At the same time it can sometimes really look like the cross-gen game it is. And it's a shame that it's not locked 60fps on PS5 (it's close though).

Probably Horizon is more impressive, but I haven't played that.

Top Bottom