• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine |OT| No mercy. No retreat. No remorse.

daedalius

Foxix said:
Or, you know I could just ask. How IS the multiplayer, haha?

Awesome when its working right, very old school shooter-y. Patch for PS3 and PC coming soon I hope, pretty solid in 360 for me anyway.

And now I'm in an Annihilation match without the score changing. Come on, Relic.

I was in a seize ground for like 20 minutes the other night with no score change, some dudes in the match had 70+ kills, haha. Was a good time! I kinda wish they would do something like that, there are a lot of options in the 'private match options', like much increased kill counts/point cap-to-win.

Unity2012

daedalius said:
Awesome when its working right, very old school shooter-y. Patch for PS3 and PC coming soon I hope, pretty solid in 360 for me anyway.

Agreed. I've had no problems over XBL. I hope they fix the problems on PC and PS3 soon to keep the positive buzz about the game and more people join.

Also, Relic, please give us more info on "Exterminatus." Use the momentum the game has and give us some food for more Hype!

And I hope the game is selling well to grant future content and a future sequel.

derFeef said:
Really looks like you are having some sketchy problems, because like some others said, you are the first one complaining about performance here I think.
Not the only one with issues. My performance was pretty crap too on PC, running at 15-20 fps max in both singleplayer and multiplayer with an Alienware M15x with an radeon 5850M and a core i7 920. And this was at 720p with the lowest settings I could select in the menus.

Flawless performance on the 360 version, so it's not my Internet connection, and I updated to newer drivers on the graphics card with no luck. Can't figure out what's up with it, but I'm just rocking the 360 version which is absolutely awesome for multiplayer.

luxarific

Nork unification denier
Pyke Presco said:
Not the only one with issues. My performance was pretty crap too on PC, running at 15-20 fps max in both singleplayer and multiplayer with an Alienware M15x with an radeon 5850M and a core i7 920. And this was at 720p with the lowest settings I could select in the menus.

Flawless performance on the 360 version, so it's not my Internet connection, and I updated to newer drivers on the graphics card with no luck. Can't figure out what's up with it, but I'm just rocking the 360 version which is absolutely awesome for multiplayer.

Definitely not the only one with problems. I'm running the PC version and I had to stop playing due to the still-unaddressed stretched-HUD bug and the wretched console-FOV. I'm very disappointed with Relic's lack of support and enormously irritated with myself for shelling out for the collector's edition of something so unpolished. Just a huge disappointment, all around.

derFeef

Oh wow, had no idea some are having a bad experience. Lot's of my friends tell me this is a great PC game too and the impressions here are the same. Hm, guess there will be always some with bad luck, sorry guys.

I've already purchased the 360 version, but am really unhappy with the 360 control pad + gun aiming control, so I'm looking at going the Steam route (which is what I should've done in the 1st place). For PC-Gaffers here, how is the Keyboard+Mouse action with it? Fairly intuitive?

Pyke Presco said:

Are you sure that the m15x isn't running the game with the Intel GPU? I have an m11x and I've basically switched off the Intel GPU in advanced power management because some games refuse to use the correct GPU.

grendelrt

Pyke Presco said:

You def have issues then. I have the same laptop and played the game at 1080P with Vsync off at about an average 45FPS. I have a m15x with a Core i5 2.8 and a Radeon 5850M. I played through chapter 11 on my laptop and finished up on my desktop when I got home from vacation.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
DiatribeEQ said:
I've already purchased the 360 version, but am really unhappy with the 360 control pad + gun aiming control, so I'm looking at going the Steam route (which is what I should've done in the 1st place). For PC-Gaffers here, how is the Keyboard+Mouse action with it? Fairly intuitive?
It was made for M/KB. No reason to use anything else on the PC.

K, so I just got trapped in a never-ending game of annihilation.

Game was 0-0, even as players on both teams reached 70.

Good way to grind exp I guess...

Oh... and ppl were standbying.

daedalius

I just hope they get the PC/PS3 patches out soon to alleviate some of the multiplayer issues, 360 to me continues to be solid.

Oh and more maps, CTF, and coop :p

derFeef

The melee online is just not snappy, it lacks feedback. You swing through the air and maybe you hit the guy, but that's it. Enemies should have more health as far as I can see from my limited time online. Space Marines should fight for some time, and not die from like one sword hit.

Kahoona

derFeef said:
The melee online is just not snappy, it lacks feedback. You swing through the air and maybe you hit the guy, but that's it. Enemies should have more health as far as I can see from my limited time online. Space Marines should fight for some time, and not die from like one sword hit.
You actually can be literally one shot from a single hammer hit...I really don't like how spammy the Assault class is. Seems to me like all they do is hit space and then right click furiously.

deim0s

Darkshier said:

Anyone remember the guys that did the tech/demo before Relic? Never knew what happened to them or if they folded and gave the project to Relic.

Kahoona said:
You actually can be literally one shot from a single hammer hit...I really don't like how spammy the Assault class is. Seems to me like all they do is hit space and then right click furiously.

It's fine as it is... look at it this way, SM vs CSM are like your average knights in combat. A normal human facing a SM is like facing a bear with a fork as a weapon.

Kahoona

deim0s said:
Anyone remember the guys that did the tech/demo before Relic? Never knew what happened to them or if they folded and gave the project to Relic.

It's fine as it is... look at it this way, SM vs CSM are like your average knights in combat. A normal human facing a SM is like facing a bear with a fork as a weapon.
I'm fine with the one shots, but the fact that it happens when the other player has his back to me and swings the other way...and hits me is really dumb.

Narag

deim0s said:

I thought it was always Relic. Was that not the case?

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Narag said:
I thought it was always Relic. Was that not the case?

No there was a super early prototype video that got leaked that was under development by another studio.

I just remember the guy on the video using the world "cinemaction" numerous times.

grendelrt

With Dead Island shipping 2 million the same release frame as Space Marine and Space Marine being right behind it in the Steam and European charts I wonder how much it sold.

grendelrt said:
With Dead Rising shipping 2 million the same release frame as Space Marine and Space Marine being right behind it in the Steam and European charts I wonder how much it sold.
Dead Island, not Dead Rising. I would be stoked if Off The Record sold that much though. Oh yeah.

El'Kharn

DiatribeEQ said:

I wasnt very happy with the aim control until i turned stupid auto aim off.

Unlocked everything except the 40,000 kills achievement. I figure that will come in time with the horde mode co-op DLC.

Until then, I think I'll take a break, cause this game has basically been dominating my play-time since it came out.

*phew*

Good stuff. Not likely to play MP ever again now that I unlocked everything and the lvl 40 achievement, but I could definitely see myself playing through the campaign again for some of the great set-piece moments and epic battles.

Narag

Lyphen said:
You're insane! Just looking at my weapon challenges make me feel like skipping that achievement.

I think they're boostable via private match. That said, 500 pistol kills is still daunting.

Fëanor

spacemarine2011-09-152yfal.png

What's the fix for this graphical bug?

daedalius

SalsaShark said:
I really cant wait for the co-op DLC man, this game just screams for it.

Yea really, while I am enjoying killing people repeatedly in regular multiplayer, I would like to break it up with mass ork genocide with friends.

luxarific

Nork unification denier
Anilusion said:
I really hope they fix the HUD/Crosshair stretching on 16:10 resolutions.

I don't think they're going to. All complaints on the support forum have been directed to the generic "graphics issue" thread, which of course doesn't address the problem whatsoever. Sucks.

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
At this point i'm finally dangerous with all three classes to the point of (usually) being a force of change on my team no matter who i pick. So i can actually decide what class to play as per the situation in the current match. A side effect of finally experimenting now that i'm done with my melee weapon kills? I have played with the plasma cannon.
Dear god... the multi-kills. All over my face.

I fucking can't wait for Co-Op. me and my two friends are gonna rock the shit outta millions of fucking orks.

Oh .. what else i can't wait for ... that GODAMNED PATCH. ... had to say it.

Kalnos

Banned
oktarb said:
Give me a Flamer and give me better Multi-melta effects.

+ Eldar + Tyranid + More Orks (with more dialog) + more environment variety + a different chapter.

I loved it, but it could be better!

Darklord

Banned
Kalnos said:
+ Eldar + Tyranid + More Orks (with more dialog) + more environment variety + a different chapter.

I loved it, but it could be better!

Space Wolves? I don't know much about 40k beyond what Relic has shown me but they seem pretty bad arse.

Unity2012

Kalnos said:

Even if they just added a couple more races, this game will triple its value in every way.

I am looking forward to see what Relic do with it; to me, Warhammer Universe= Unlimited Potential for Greatness.

Now hurry up and give us Exterminatus.

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
Unity2012 said:
Even if they just added a couple more races, this game will triple its value in every way.

I am looking forward to see what Relic do with it; to me, Warhammer Universe= Unlimited Potential for Greatness.

Now hurry up and give us Exterminatus.

releasing an expansion .. even if it was only for the online aspect of the game which allowed me to play as a fuckin Ork would elevate this shit to god status for me. Just let me be a Nob... and let me WRECK some fuckin Chaos boys with a big ol hammer covered in orky bits.

Single player? ... Deathwatch game with Titus and a new team hunting scum all over the galaxy ... HOOK IT INTO MY VEINS

Top Bottom