• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wasn't Cabing Fever Supposed To Be A Good Movie?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because I thought it was awful. What the hell was Peter Jackson talking about?

Yeah, late to the party and all that jazz...

Pellham

Banned
Peter Jackson is a great director, but if you watch his earlier movies, you couldn't exactly call him a movie critic.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Sucked hard, and I saw it for free a month or two before it opened. There was nothing scary about it, just a lot of gratuitous gore. There is simply no pleasure to be taken from seeing a girl shave her blistered, decaying legs.

Odoul

I saw this movie for free and still felt cheated. My roommate and I were watching it in disbelief. There were several scenes where we both let out WHAT the FUCK. Anyone who saw it knows exactly the scenes I'm talking about.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
If it was supposed to be funny, then it failed there as well.

Loki

Count of Concision
Odoul said:
I saw this movie for free and still felt cheated. My roommate and I were watching it in disbelief. There were several scenes where we both let out WHAT the FUCK. Anyone who saw it knows exactly the scenes I'm talking about.

W...T...F was that movie? lol

That had to be the most pointless movie EVER. How could anyone possibly think it had any redeeming qualities (besides that chick's T&A ;))? Man, what a wretched movie.

Did it even get resolved at the end? They just ended up rounding them all up and burning them, no? Yeah, I know the scenes your talking about-- namely that freaking mini-Jet Li blonde kid (it was a girl, right?); when she/he started doing slow-mo flips and twisting kicks and stuff, I felt like I was watching Legend of the Drunken Master or something. :p I was seriously cracking up laughing, thinking "WTF!?" :p

Yeah, the bunny thing in the hospital was strange too (unless I missed a plot point at the beginning or something), but I chalked it up to hallucinations. That ninja kid, however, was priceless. What the HELL sort of pancakes was she talking about? lol Man, what a waste of time. :p

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
i love cabin fever :D you guys just have no taste.

ps. im drunk, but even sober i'll tell you i love the movie :D

COCKLES

being watched
Pretty poor stuff.

Critics need to shut the fuck up with crap like 'A brave new reinvention of the genre' for every halfbaked 'horror' movie from a noob director.

Oni Jazar

Anyone notice the sex scene where the girl goes on top of the guy from behind and he makes the strangest face? Ummm... ya that made me and my friend look at each other and say WTF??

Anyways its pretty funny in how cheesy it is.

Oni Jazar said:
Anyone notice the sex scene where the girl goes on top of the guy from behind and he makes the strangest face? Ummm... ya that made me and my friend look at each other and say WTF??

Anyways its pretty funny in how cheesy it is.

Yeah, not sure exactly what was going on there.

GDGF

Soothsayer
I thought the movie was great. Made me laugh. The joke with the old hillbilly at the begining (that didn't get explained until the end, you know the one) was great.

People went in to it expecting a scary horror movie, it wasn't supposed to be a scary horror movie. It was supposed to be a homage to the horror films of the 80's, a throwback to all out violence and comedy. You don't have to like it because of that, but you cant put it not being scary against it. That's like saying you didn't like Requiem for a Dream because it wasn't funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom