• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watershed moment? How many sales are you expecting of Stellar Blade within the first two weeks?

Where will Stellar Blade land after two weeks?

• Total voters

cormack12

Gold Member
This game has a lot of disproportionate interest. It's become the poster girl for concerted pushback against the uglification of main characters, it actually looks like a good game too.

Will it translate to impressive sales? What say you gaf?

RagnarokIV

Animated GIF

My winky go ooh ooh seeing this game.

Over 5 million in one week.

Last edited:

mdkirby

It’s nice, they’ll be lucky to get 1mil imo. But they’ll prob be very pleased with that, I doubt it needs to sell all that much to be considered a success by the devs.

Barakov

Probably ~1,000,000. Sony being closely tied to this and the drama surrounding will put more eyes on it than it normally would have.

Aion002

I bet it will be the lowest performing PS5 exclusive this year.
Rise of The Ronin, which I already pre ordered and is going to be great, will probably sell less.

It will be released on the same day as Dragon's Dogma 2 and it doesn't have amazing graphics, plus KT games are niche and Team Ninja similar games (Ninja Gaiden and Nioh) aren't casual friendly.

However, I really hope I am wrong and the game is a huge success.

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
concerted pushback against the uglification of main characters, it actually looks like a good game too.
I mean this not the first time we got good looking character design from Asian devs……

In fact 2B has become most iconic and popular character in modern games with crazy amount of collaboration including with western game in all places…

But majority of western devs still continue to make character ugly as fuck and most western game “journalists“ continue to b**ch about sexy design in video games…..Sadly I don’t think Stellar Blade gonna change that either no matter how much it sells.

Last edited:

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
Rise of The Ronin, which I already pre ordered and is going to be great, will probably sell less.

It will be released on the same day as Dragon's Dogma 2 and it doesn't have amazing graphics, plus KT games are niche and Team Ninja similar games (Ninja Gaiden and Nioh) aren't casual friendly.

However, I really hope I am wrong and the game is a huge success.
Both are just rentals for me. They’re in my GameFly game queue.

Last edited:

Raonak

Banned
I have no idea. Hard to predict these things.

The only real thing it has going for it is sex appeal, but people aren't gonna buy a game for that alone.

The PS5 exclusive marketing angle will definitely help a bit.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
The only real thing it has going for it is sex appeal, but people aren't gonna buy a game for that alone.
Did you played the full game to know that “that’s all it going for it”?

I mean there were people who actually got the chance play the demo before Sony took it down and said the combat is actually fun.

Raonak

Banned
Did you played the full game to know that “that’s all it going for it”?

I mean there were people who actually got the chance play the demo before Sony took it down and said the combat is actually fun.

Obviously no-one knows how good the game is actually gonna be til people play the full game.

But, hype & marketing wise, dat ass is all it has going for it.
The reality is that it's a new IP made by a unknown developer without a unique gameplay gimmic and with basic graphics.

But then again, I never expected helldivers 2 to pop off like it has.

Last edited:
I was expecting a character-action game, not a Souls with hotties thing. It doesn't look like it plays great.
Anyway, 500k max. It's niche as all Hell, and won't appeal to the mainstream. If it turns out to be fun, word of mouth will prob push it to 1.5m worldwide after a few months to a year..

Last edited:
ps5 release wise, most of april & may look pretty empty afa aa/aaa single-player games. game might benefit from that alone...

well, along with the obvious, of course...

michael cohen GIF

A select few on GAF being excited means pretty much zilch on the world stage. I highly doubt it'll do gangbusters or be anywhere close to a "watershed" moment. But who knows... stranger things and all that. I'd be surprised if it sells 500k in 2 weeks.

Beechos

Seems more like more of a niche game to me personally due to the anime artstyle which will cause some people to overlook it.

Whatever nier automatically sold on playstation platform I expect this to sell much less.

Last edited:
I hope it really does well. Would be nice if people finally can openly say again that they are straight and like sexy women without being seen as some kind of pervert.

Top Bottom