• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watershed moment? How many sales are you expecting of Stellar Blade within the first two weeks?

Where will Stellar Blade land after two weeks?

• Total voters

Bkdk

5 million +, there will be so many people buying multiple orders just to gift it to their family, friends. Though I imagine there would be surge of sale of ps5 controller because people would be breaking the controller as they need to switch betweem jerking off and playing the game and end up breaking controllers.

TheTony316

List off some of those ugly game characters plaguing our society.

i-really-hope-they-let-you-customise-your-own-character-v0-iiabejsyhg5b1.jpg

I'm guessing it will easily sell a million+ at launch due to it being the only major PS5 exclusive this year, but the gaming media might ignore it like they ignored Hogwarts Legacy and if so it will need some really good word of mouth to do big numbers after.

That's dangerous for a society though. It used to be 6%-13% in the past. 27% and going up is just too staggering.
You should be more worried about the worldwide decline in sperm counts the past 40-50 years. We're not quite to the point of mass scale male infertility but if we don't do something about it, the Children of Men scenario becomes more plausible by the day

bbeach123

Fable is a comedy game why would you want hot characters
No idea about the new "comedy Fable" game but if its anything like 123 then I would 100% want hot/cute characters , not stellablade kinda hot mind you .But atleast be on overwatch 1 level .

Dude the series had dating and marriage ffs .

Last edited:

Banjo64

cumsessed
A mil IMO. If the game lands where I’m expecting on the review scale (83-86) I think 3m+ life time.

TBH, it’s just refreshing to see it take centre stage on PS5 in a sea of western slop.

nial

Gold Member
It will not be a big seller, but people saying that only GAF cares about it are pretty weird to me. When the January State of Play aired, Stellar Blade was the most liked game footage on the PlayStation Twitter account.
Keep that energy going, and we'll have another Helldivers 2 situation (obviously not to the same extent, but you know what I mean).

nial

Gold Member
I'm guessing it will easily sell a million+ at launch due to it being the only major PS5 exclusive this year, but the gaming media might ignore it like they ignored Hogwarts Legacy and if so it will need some really good word of mouth to do big numbers after.
Nah, I am pretty sure that SIE expects both Rise of the Ronin and Concord to be bigger than Stellar Blade in general. Only Helldivers 2 was smaller for them, and yeah, we know what ended up happening.
FFVII Rebirth is also a PS5 exclusive, so that would not be true, anyway.

Pejo

I'm guessing 750k worldwide digital + physical in 2 weeks. As much as I'd like to see it do a million quickly, unless it becomes a meme game or streamer FotM, I don't think it's gonna sell super high. I've heard this emasculated men sentiment all over the place that they'd be scared to play this game in the living room with their wives/gfs/whatever. Modern agenda really has done a number on weakening men.

Other than that, character action hack 'n slash games are always somewhat niche, and it's an unproven IP and an unproven studio, and it's only on Playstation for now. I think the numbers on PC will be high for this, probably matching the Playstation first few weeks which rarely happens, depending on how long it stays console exclusive and how good the port is.

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
How is this possible? 1 in 4 men haven't had sex before THE AGE OF 30?!

That's what you get when an increasing number of insecure young men start self-identifying als non binary, asexual, abrosexual, aromantic, greysexual, lithosexual, etc.

Griffon

While the artstyle is very appealing, that actual gameplay genre is kinda niche.

Being stuck as a PS5 exclusive, I hope it will pass the single million. I hope it does better than that, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Since GAF is 100% always wrong with all predictions, this should sell north of 8 million within 2 years. You've heard it here first folks. Will force Nintendo's hand to create a Samus Aran based dating sim with karaoke elements.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
I hope it sells 10 million+ copies but it likely won't. Also, it will likely be successful even if it sells 1 million copies in its lifetime.

So, it looks like Stellar Blade will most likely be a successful project.

My guess is ~1 million copies in 2 weeks.

Less than 1 million.

Personally, I think it looks interesting, but I really need a demo because I'm having a hard time understanding it's particular action game subgenre (Japanese character action, Souls-like, etc).

As far as mainstream appeal, it's going to be limited because:

-Anime influenced art style.
-Action game.
-Not a part of an established IP.
-The sexiness will put off as many people as it attracts.

Last edited:

Elysium44

Banned
Is anyone truly excited about this game for reasons other than the female character design? It just seems like a simplistic clone of loads of other games like Devil May Cry, Onechanbara or X-Blades. The sort of game I might buy eventually to play for a few hours at most, but only when it's extremely cheap. These sort of games get old very fast for most people I think.

How is this possible? 1 in 4 men haven't had sex before THE AGE OF 30?!
I'd say it makes sense in a post #metoo world. Where women were calling out men left and right just to be included, even though the movement was supposed to be about sexual predators, not bad dates or imaginary offenses. Fortunately, the movement is now dead.

It's still a weird stat, though, since they state "after the age of 18." So, those guys may have had sex at 16 or 17, which means they aren't actually virgins. It also has an end age of 30, so they aren't just asking 30 year olds. Could be a lot of 18-22 year olds in there, as well.

Less than 1 million.

Personally, I think it looks interesting, but I really need a demo because I'm having a hard time understanding it's particular action game subgenre (Japanese character action, Souls-like, etc).

As far as mainstream appeal, it's going to be limited because:

-Anime influenced art style.
-Action game.

-Not a part of an established IP.
-The sexiness will put off as many people as it attracts.
Don't really get those as negatives.

Anime has absolutely exploded in recent years, thanks to comics dying due to the woke mind virus. One of Netflix's biggest hits was a live action show based on an anime, One Piece. Anime influence may not be a big boost, but it certainly won't hurt it.

Not sure how it being an action game will hurt it. All the big single player games Sony puts out are action games. Or action adventure, if you want to qualify them as such.

As for sexiness, if someone was going to be turned off by that, they weren't going to buy this game anyway. They probably should seek help if looking at a sexy girl triggers them so.

Madflavor

I'm surprised that some of you think it'll only sell 250k in it's first week. Have you not seen the amount of attention this game has received these past few months? The State of Play trailer has nearly 1.2 million views, it beat out every other game trailer for that SoP (which includes Dragons Dogma 2, Rise of the Ronin, and Sill Hill 2 Combat Trailer), except for Death Stranding 2. The people who managed to play the demo yesterday have all said the gameplay is actually great. When they actually drop the demo for the public, it's likely going to increase sales even further. It was also #1 and #2 in some places for Pre-Orders after that SoP.

I'm not saying it's going to do gangbuster numbers, but 250k globally in it's first week? I have a hard time seeing that.

Last edited:

Lambogenie

Honestly, if an average game like NieR can push numbers (after ports etc), then why not this. Don't forget NieR is also helmed by someone that like sexy women/butts.

nial

Gold Member
I'm surprised that some of you think it'll only sell 250k in it's first week. Have you not seen the amount of attention this game has received these past few months? The State of Play trailer has nearly 1.2 million views, it beat out every other game trailer for that SoP (which includes Dragons Dogma 2, Rise of the Ronin, and Sill Hill 2 Combat Trailer), except for Death Stranding 2. The people who managed to play the demo yesterday have all said the gameplay is actually great. When they actually drop the demo for the public, it's likely going to increase sales even further. It was also #1 and #2 in some places for Pre-Orders after that SoP.

I'm not saying it's going to do gangbuster numbers, but 250k globally in it's first week? I have a hard time seeing that.
GAF bubble.

captainpat

I would be surprised if it gets passed 500k. I'd love to be proven wrong but $70 for a completely new single player IP, from a largely new developer is gonna be rough climb.

e0n

I'm thinking 1 mil minimum after two weeks. Granblue sold just as much, and this is a highly marketed anime action game. Any higher will depend on very good scores/word of mouth.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Even if this game is mediocre, you should all do your part and save gaming by buying this game.
I'm excited for the game but I’m not in to whole buying for “agenda” thing…..I play games one reason and reason only because it’s fun, if it’s not fun then I wont buy the game regardless how sexy main character is.

So far based on people who managed to play the demo the combat is good and satisfying.

Chastten

Banned
Based on nothing but my gutfeeling but I'd say roughly half a million?

That would already be a massive success though. I mean, it's a new IP by an unknown developer and releases only on a single console.

If it could even get close to Granblue Fantasy and Persona 3 remake (which both were at a million after a few weeks iirc, but are longrunning franchises and released on 3-4 consoles each) I think it would be a big success.

april6e

People are so obsessed with this game doing well so they can make youtube videos or rant posts on Reddit about how the entire gaming industry is going woke and that everyone would be making billions of dollars if they just gave remake Lara Croft or Alyx from Half Life huge breasts.

Top Bottom