• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wave of criticism as Meta's Metaverse looks like shite

LordOfChaos

Some of my faves, send memes

300175546_635246447971090_2443816301112147773_n.jpg

SJRB

Gold Member
Metaverse is such a catastrophically dumb waste of time and resources but these idiots keep pouring billions of dollars into this shit like it’s the second coming of Christ.

As long as that shit looks like it’s rendered on a fucking Gameboy Color no one is going to give a fuck, let alone spend a truckload of money like those false prophets want you to believe.

Last edited:

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
shh, let them think that we think it's good! tell them it looks amazing and we can't wait to join the metaverse!

i hope they keep sinking a fuck load of $ into this and it fails spectacularly. fuck facebook and fuck zuck. disgusting company and i wish people would stop using it. the world would be a better place without them.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Of course it would look bad, they want most consumer devices made in the last 10 years to ran it. Did anybody think metaverse would require a gaming rig?
what? i thought this was just for VR? isn't that the whole point of it? you might not need a gaming rig but you will surely need a Quest or another headset.

is this going to be running on smartphones/tablets/laptops/pcs?

RoadHazard

Gold Member
It really does look astonishingly bad. What exactly have they spent $10B on here?

Of course it would look bad, they want most consumer devices made in the last 10 years to ran it. Did anybody think metaverse would require a gaming rig?

It's a VR only thing I'm pretty sure? And the Quest 2 can run stuff that looks GENERATIONS better than this.

Reallink

It is mind boggling how and where they've somehow managed to spend $10 billion A YEAR on VR with effectively nothing to show for it. For that kind of money they should be a decade ahead of every competitor on hardware with $100+ million AAA VR games releasing every month that make UE5 look amateur. Instead they seemingly pay thousands of people millions of dollars a year to fuck around on nothing.

Last edited:
I have an "uncle" who works for META, on the finance side approving budgets for servers and other tech shit for that "segment"... I straight up told him, you know you guys could have just purchased a game developer or maybe like an Epic and shit would have been smoother. I think his response was, we were drinking at the time so it's foggy, that Mark (yea, he calls him by his first name LOL) wanted to building something from the ground up cause he has a vision and wanted complete controller to make it happen...

I was like... okay, I guess.

Skifi28

what? i thought this was just for VR? isn't that the whole point of it? you might not need a gaming rig but you will surely need a Quest or another headset.

is this going to be running on smartphones/tablets/laptops/pcs?
They want it to be the next big thing, I'm sure there's already a vision on how to transition on every device one way or another. Otherwise it's dead.

TheGecko

Banned
Metaverse is such a catastrophically dumb waste of time and resources but these idiots keep pouring billions of dollars into this shit like it’s the second coming of Christ.

As long as that shit looks like it’s rendered on a fucking Gameboy Color no one is going to give a fuck, let alone spend a truckload of money like those false prophets want you to believe.
It’s not about getting money from you, it’s about getting data from you, the money comes from elsewhere.

ReBurn

Gold Member
I wonder if the battery in my Quest has any juice? After seeing this I think I'd like to play something else.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
OMFG I have seen these pictures all day and just thought it was some new meme from one of those weird Chinese youtube videos made to abuse the algorithms...

It's just sunk in what this is and I can't stop laughing, I keep going from a giggling fit to strait up belly laughter like an insane person, jesus christ this makes my day.

Edit: I am crying right now, this is too fucking funny, how the hell am I supposed to get to sleep? My belly hurts from all the laughing jesus.

Last edited:

radewagon

Granted, I haven't been following the metaverse, but I find it odd (since it's such a big focus of such a powerful social media platform) that I have zero idea what the metaverse is supposed to be or who it's supposed to be for and what those people are supposed to get out of it.

Deerock71

Some of my faves, send memes

300175546_635246447971090_2443816301112147773_n.jpg

Have you seen Zuckerbot? I firmly believe this is how his microchips see reality.
Sipping Mark Zuckerberg GIF

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Zuckerberg probably got bullshotted like gamers.

I bet in some meeting, a bunch of FB people started talking VR. They got some internal devs and external clients to pitch to them Metaverse and VR shit and they showed photorealistic bullshot CGI clips.

Zuckerbeg with FB with endless pockets green lit it. And the result is Xbox 360 Avatar quality visuals.

Top Bottom