• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What aspect ratio do you use for PC gaming?

Your aspect ratio

• 4:3

Votes: 4 2.9%
  • 16:9

Votes: 83 60.6%
  • 21:9

Votes: 40 29.2%
  • 32:9

Votes: 6 4.4%
  • Other

Votes: 4 2.9%

• Total voters

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Just curious what everyone is using. I anticipate that 16:9 will get the most poll votes (they are still far and away the best-selling monitors), but I'm also curious who else is rocking ultra-wide.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Even when I used to game on a TV I still set a custom resolution to enjoy that sweet sweet ultrawide.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
16:9. Get the appeal of ultrawide but I tried it for a month and it just wasn't for me ultimately.

4K as well, 1440p is nice but anyone who claims there's no noticeable difference is sight impaired.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
16:9. I considered Ultrawide last time I was monitor shopping, but ultrawidescreen support seemed hit or miss. At least at the time.

Last edited:
82 inches of 16:9.
VRR, HDR finally working in Windows 11.
Got the wireless Series X controller and a rocker recliner
Use a wireless keyboard/trackball on the armrests to do the mouse pointer stuff.
I have to get up and walk all the way to the fridge for a beer.

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
16:9. Maybe I'll get curved but otherwise that's as far as I'll go when it comes to the fancy monitor shenanigans. Ultrawides compatibility is spotty and seems like a pain in the ass to really use, gotta turn your head to get a full view...

OverHeat

« generous god »
I’m definitely considering an ultrawide monitor this year. OverHeat OverHeat coming back from the shadow realm might cost me. I saw that setup with alienware OLED and felt it in my undercarriage.
aVQjYxh.gif

Crayon

I pretty much only play PC games on tv. I've got an ultra wide in our office but I can't remember the last time I played a game at desk.

fersnake

been thinking to go back to 16:9 just because the trouble with streaming and obs, but damm i love my 21:9 monitor hehe

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Been using 21:9/ultrawide for over 10 years now. Can't go back to 16:9
I got my 21:9 monitor in 2017 and have absolutely loved it since. I just upgraded to 32:9, and it's also pretty darn great.

One thing I love about my new 32:9 monitor is it can do "picture by picture", splitting into two virtual 16:9 monitors.

Holammer

21:9 is cool, but you're basically burning GPU juice rendering for your peripheral vision. Cool for flight sims & driving games and such for immersion.
For the games I play, 16:9 is enough.

jshackles

21:9 is cool, but you're basically burning GPU juice rendering for your peripheral vision. Cool for flight sims & driving games and such for immersion.
For the games I play, 16:9 is enough.
F4bbFzW.png

Not pictured: my graphics card on fire

Soodanim

Gold Member
I wish view results was on so we could see who the glorious 4:3ers are (other than Clintizzle)

Last edited:
I can't stand using ultra wide for anything but maybe FPS and even then I prefer 16:9.

If a laptop doesn't have 16:10 I'm not buying it however that's easy since MacBook's are superior.

Garibaldi

12:5 (3840*1600) altho most games just report it as 21:9.

Got a 16:9 4K too if the game doesn't support ultrawide.

Deck is 16:10 (800p) and a 4K OLED for the consoles.

Last edited:

Leonidas

Mostly use 16:9 (desktop) and 16:10 (steam deck)

But if I'm emulating old hardware or if an old game doesn't support widescreen I'll use 4:3 (black bars on the side).

I also have a 21:9 custom resolution set up so I can expeirence that resolution too (black bars top and bottom).

sigmaZ

21:9 all day all night.
I have a huge 4k OLED but unless Im watching a movie, I prefer my ultrawide OLED.

Top Bottom