• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What game are you currently playing?

intbal

Risen, through backwards compatibility.

Note: This game ties everything to hardware speed. Including the camera. I first started it on Xbox One X. Just a little nudge on the stick causes the camera to spin around so fast you can't control it. There are no menu options to adjust this. I figured the game was a lost cause, but I tried it in my Xbox One S, anyway. Surprise. No more camera problems. The game has an unlocked framerate, which is frequently at 60 on One X, but the game is unplayable on that machine (on both Series consoles, too, according to some youtubers). So your best bet is to play it on Xbox One/One S (or original 360/PC).

Just about done everything in FH5 I think, so winding down until the DLC. Moved on to Halo Infinite (single player) which is fucking great so far. Also playing Lake, which I inexplicably enjoy a lot.

Next up either GOTG or Valhalla I think. Just bought Inscryption for $5 in the Epic sale too.

ReBurn

Gold Member
Tetris Effect: Connected on Oculus Quest 2, Cruis'n Blast on Switch OLED and Guardians of the Galaxy on XSX. Fun times.

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
I always thought that the atmosphere was less "horror"compared to the first 3.
You are not the only one. Was probably because of the graphics style they chose. One more reason why they should remake it and fix this. Away with the comicy graphics and less backtracking (it‘s the worst there in the entire series). Would be amazing.

GymWolf

You are not the only one. Was probably because of the graphics style they chose. One more reason why they should remake it and fix this. Away with the comicy graphics and less backtracking (it‘s the worst there in the entire series). Would be amazing.
I think the background being 3d and not pre-rendered also made the game look kinda worse?!
All the microdetails in the locations were gone and the 3d wasn't good enough to substitute the excellent background of the previous titles.

I kinda had the same problem going from ff9 to 10.

Last edited:

RPS37

Finished Exo One. It was okay. I honestly just played it because it looks kind of cool and is short. Too indie for me though.
Also finished TLOU2 tonight. That was fuckin amazing. Worth it to play on PS5 just for 60fps.

Next I just started Ratchet. Already mindblown.
Don’t know how I’m going to finish Zero Dawn before the sequel with Ratchet and all the other things in my PS4/5 backlog (Death Stranding DC, GOT DC, Miles Morales)

Probably not going to touch Infinite or any other Xbox games until I get my missing replacement Elite controller in the mail.

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
I think the background being 3d and not pre-rendered also made the game look kinda worse?!
All the microdetails in the locations were gone and the 3d wasn't good enough to substitute the excellent background of the previous titles.

I kinda had the same problem going from ff9 to 10.
Yeah, a lot of games had that problem going from prerendered to full 3D. Replaying those games today makes it especially painful. However, 20 years ago I didn‘t mind that much considering how new everything was. In that sense CV therefore was truly a product of it‘s time. You had to be there.

killatopak

Bought a few games this holiday.

I’m about to start Metro Exodus and I’m wondering if the season pass is worth it. Does anyone who played it know? I mean it’s 8 bucks but I’m picking between the season pass and Wolfenstein 2.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Still going through Fist of the North Star: Lost Paradise. Currently on chapter 9, the game felt very linear at the start but now it's much more open, letting you do lots of sidequests and cool minigames as you should expect from a Yakuza game. The story isn't great (I guess it's better as fan service if you've read the manga) but the gameplay is pretty fun, I never get tired of blowing people up. Music is great too.

Also started playing Pikmin on my cube. Didn't beat the game when I first played it like 12 years ago so maybe now's the time.

Jebron

Finished Halo Infinite on the weekend, and still playing Forza Horizon 5 often.
Just started FF7 Remake last night. I generally hate JRPG's, so not sure how long I'll last.

stn

Currently playing Tales of Arise... My first tales game and it's surprisingly really good.
I just platted it last week, it was great. Enjoy!

I've been playing GTA San Andreas and Halo Infinite (both on XSX). I haven't liked a Halo game this much in a while, it may dethrone Tales of Arise as my GOTY 2021 when it is all said and done. They added enough new things to the gameplay to make it new. I was playing the last few campaigns on autopilot, but I am actually engaged with this one.

MachRc

passed Infinite campaign, hoping for more soon.

Stopped playing horizon, and other smaller titles.
Focusing all my energies on Ghost of Tsushima,

Vagswarm

Finished Batman Arkham Knight and watched a video for the 100% completion ending (since I don't do that, ever). The thoughts I had midway through the game (on a previous post) stayed the same, except the Batmobile did turn out better due to certain missions. By the time the main mission hit 50%, I pretty much just wanted to see how the story was going to unfold and got bored of all the side missions. The story was confusing at the end (and the end end), but I watched some videos to help clarify a few things. No one really knows what happens at the very end, but there's some interesting theories out there, like this one:

Spoilers in video

It definitely didn't end the way I thought it would, but it was different to be sure.

Next up I'm going to try Days Gone. Heard a lot of good things about it.

Last edited:

GymWolf

After finishing mad max tonight i'm probably gonna replay fable with the anniversary edition on pc, and maybe i'm gonna do a month of gamepass on xone to play the other 2 that i never played for some reasons.

i hate the fact that the sequels are not on pc.

Naked Lunch

Assault Suit Leynos - Target Earth [Mega Drive/Genesis]
Talk about brutally difficult - this game is no joke. I havent finished this one in well over 15 years but its always stuck with me. The animations and graphics are basic but have a style I really like. The actual story is pretty interesting considering when it came out - a war started because of miscommunication.
I still say this has the best videogame ending and ending music of all time:

Halo Infinite multiplayer [Series X]
Still beasting fools online - ill be on this one for years. Need some new maps please. Hilarious they added Mister Chief as an AI. I didnt drop the dough for him yet but I probably cant let that one slide. Theres some bigtime possibilites for AIs. I can see them adding some from Halo Wars or maybe even a digitized version of Sgt Johnson.

Last edited:

engstra

Been home for Christmas and had chance to play a bit on the PS3. Decided to try Splinter Cell for the first time and really enjoyed it. Man the game is quite rough though. Really clunky platforming and gun play. Was also surprised there was no incentive to go non-lethal or anything like that. The game also does not do a good job of introducing you to new equipment, mechanics etc, they just show up in your inventory all of a sudden. I didn't realize that the rifle had a sniper scope until like the final mission.
Despite all the flaws, the base stealth gameplay is really good and sadly not many games like that anymore.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Into the Radius. It's like Stalker in VR
Hot Dogs Horseshoes and hand grenades. It's a weapons simulator. I never held a gun in real life. So I enjoy just going to a virtual shooting range and trying different weapons.
Moss
After the Fall
Thanks man. Already had those either in my library or my wishlist, but I'm glad to read you are enjoying Into the Radius. I haven't played it but "Stalker in VR" sounds right up my alley.

tylrdiablos

Finished up Halo Infinite (enjoyed it) and Far Cry 6 (awful) a few days back,am now bouncing back and forth between Project Zomboid and The Medium.

Shmunter

Started Crysis 3 on PS5. But the mundane monotony of it makes me forget to click the icon. So started Little Nightmares 2 - what a twisted delight.

Shai-Tan

Banned
Totally Accurate Battle Simulator (game pass). It was good for a few hours of goofing around.

Also bought Project Zomboid but it's still too early to know if I like it or not.

reektann

Rolled Credits on Hades which I absolutely loved after falling off it twice 1-2 years ago.

20 hours into Lost Judgement - really cool how you spend a lot of time in the city from Like a Dragon. Great story so far - always really well written.

I played about 3 hours of Halo Infinite but not feeling it yet at all - really surprised at all the high scores as it seems a little ropey and unfinished to me. May just wait until they give it some patches and the coop one.

shigsy

Jumped back into FFXIV now the queues have died down and still find myself playing catch up to finally be playing the current expansion! Just started Shadowbringers and the main scenario continues to be such a great story, how the arc spans and unfolds between expansions is superb.

Also started Returnal which was a Christmas present. About 6 hours in and it’s very cool so far. Looks, sounds and runs great and the combat with the bullet hell element is very well done. The sense of mystery and discovery keeps you going on your subsequent runs after dying. I’m also glad I’ve discovered another game which uses the dual sense features really well, something I’ve not experienced since Astro Bot at launch.

And finally more Rocket League with R reektann as we struggle against the twirling lunatics in Champion 2v2!

Dr. Suchong

Skimmed the starting area of Halo infinite.
Far too busy with other commitments lately.
I feel like I've lost my way, gaming wise.
5 Issues of Edge to get through, and a backlog like a Tsunami.
"It's fucking FOMO to blame for my still shrink-wrapped shame"😅

Finished Half-Life Alyx last night. This game was 70% awe and 30% annoyance. I fucking hated that I had to google how to get past some parts. Mostly ones involving wall circuits.
And combat can be frustrating at times. There's always a sneaky combine soldier waiting to blast me when I walk by. Forcing me to do the combat section all over again. In the later parts of the game, I save scummed like a motherfucker.

Overall it's an amazing experience and a must play if you have a VR headset.
There were moments the game fooled my brain into believing I was really there.

I used an oculus quest 2 and played via Wi-Fi using Virtual Desktop. And it was perfect.

Mr Hyde

Resident Evil Revelations

The parts with Jill on the boat is great but the parts without her sucks ass. It still looks good, especially on my OLED Switch, even though textures are a bit brown PS360 looking. Not really a fan of this spinoff but it's RE so it's still fun to play.

Nier Replicant

Soon finished with route A. Awesome game. It plays so much better than the original, and also looks way better. My only gripe is the remixed soundtrack which is a hit and miss. I'm very fond of the original and does not appreciate them tampering with some of the songs. Other than that, Nier is still a true work of art, albeit a bit repetitive, but it's overshadowed by Automata, which is leagues better.

Nico_D

I wasn't able to decide what to buy from the (any of the) sales so I started a new sandbox game of Tropico 6. I considered starting Surviving Mars, which is an excellent game with the Green Planet dlc, but it can be pretty stressful. Tropico is lighter.

I would like to play LiS: True Colors but I don't know... People seem to have liked it quite a lot.

jonnyp

Just finished RE8, enjoyed it a lot even if I don't like FPS games anymore.

Started with Guardians of the Galaxy now, got it for free with my laptop purchase. Surprisingly, I'm not hating it and actually find it enjoyable so far.

T-Cake

Finally finished my Assassin's Creed marathon... well 2/3 of it anyway. Syndicate is done but I'm a bit burned out now. So I have been playing Mafia: Definitive Edition on PlayStation Now. I remember the original and this is a massive improvement but the quality on PS4 is a bit flaky for my liking. Tempted to buy it on PC instead.

Top Bottom