• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What game are you currently playing?

protonion

Two items on my psn wishlist were on the recent sale and bought them both.

-Voice of cards.
Sadly the initial great impression was followed by boredom. There is no depth to the battle system and the world navigation got old really fast. I abandoned it after a few hours and youtubed the rest of the story. There is potential for a fantastic sequel but I cannot recommend this one.

-Fist.
Just played one hour this morning. First impression is that it is the best metroidvania since Hollow Knight. I hope it continues like this.

kyoji

Zw3bM12.jpg

RPSleon

DEATH STRANDING.

I was slightly put off spending money on this as it was hard to understand what i was getting without playing it or seeing spoilers.

But its great. Very kojima, obviously. But very satisfying to play. Really amazingly beautiful world too.

It feels like im walking through middle earth often and makes me want a lotr game in this engine.

kingwingin

Had $5 worth of coins on my nintendo account so I bought a robot named fight and between time: escape room.

Beat between time in one sitting and I am very impressed, framerate was dogshit at times but the puzzles were perfect in terms of difficulty. Best $2 I ever spent!

Coolwhhip

Neophyte
So I figured I'd buy an Xbox since I can try lots of games with gamepass, but they are sold out everywhere, how do you guys even play games?!

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
my work mgs GIF

Still MGSV exclusive almost. Finally seeing A++ enemies and got 1 S. 2nd mission in Afrika but mostly getting all previous mission side stuff and side ops. Such a relaxing game. Zzz sniper with suppressor very fun but game breaking easy. Still my fav way.

It's my second time playing since it's release. This time I'm trying to be less constricted with how I play (autism; using just 1 weapon set for 200+hours and no gadgets because reasons? I guess?) and experiment more next to more flexibility/creativeness.

Ddog is also cheat mode but when you're used to auto enemy spotting the game speeds up which is very cool as well.

Such a fucking great game in essence
Man I really have to replay this one. Story might be all over the place but the gameplay was just pure, unadultered fun.

Coolwhhip Coolwhhip wtf dude. Would you tell us your tastes? we might be able to recommend you something.

Last edited:
-Voice of cards.
Sadly the initial great impression was followed by boredom. There is no depth to the battle system and the world navigation got old really fast. I abandoned it after a few hours and youtubed the rest of the story. There is potential for a fantastic sequel but I cannot recommend this one.
I absolutely loved the game start to finish. Sad you didn't enjoy it.

Two games i am playing at the moment depend the time of the day.
When I am with my girlfriend I play Tlou2. She liked the story and want to see how it progresses so I can play it when we are together only and Path of Exile at the night for some mindless fun before sleeping.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
I absolutely loved the game start to finish. Sad you didn't enjoy it.
How's the combat difficulty? And if it's easy... does the combat offer some kind of engagement (like SMT press turns)? Or is it the typical basic stuff?

I'm interested in the game but heard it's piss easy, which is the only thing that's holding me back.

Last edited:

lachesis

Finished RE7! I am finally free to move onto RE2 remake and RE3 remake... and Village.
Thoughts on RE7 though. It started really strong - and kept going super strong till the last boss, (creepy twist!) - but the final "battle" itself was a bit let down.
It was kinda funny that it started out feeling like totally un-RE like game, but towards the end, it really became an RE game. A darn good one too.

I played around with free DLC part - the Chris part, and died early on. It felt a bit refreshing that I could stagger and punch them like I used to in RE4/5/6. It's just that new Chris Redfield looks really weird and can't get used to it. I'm glad that they went back to older Chris in RE8. I may give this a run a little later if I feel like it.

And on Christmas Eve, I finished Record of the Lodoss War - Deedlit in Wonder Labyrinth. Charming little game, and filled my need for Igavania type of game quite well. Do have a bit of issues with few things (like screen tearing on XSX) - and some gameplay balancing questions or whatnot - but understandable for an indie game.

Now back playing Yakuza 5, rather fully recharged . Just did the Kiryu's Initial D inspired subquest. LOL. Loved it very much, even down to the Eurobeat BGM (but can also change to Sega Rally/Daytona USA/Out Run bgm) - and the super drift skill made me laugh.

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
So I figured I'd buy an Xbox since I can try lots of games with gamepass, but they are sold out everywhere, how do you guys even play games?!
Happy F5ing mate. Had to do that shit for 2 months before I finally snatched a Series X.

@topic: Finished Halo CE yesterday and thought to spice things up I play something else before jumping in 2. So here I am, replaying Gears of War.

Aside from that of course still Skyrim. Game keeps on giving. Just arrived in Riften And am once again bombarded with quests.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
How's the combat difficulty? And if it's easy... does the combat offer some kind of engagement (like SMT press turns)? Or is it the typical basic stuff?

I'm interested in the game but heard it's piss easy, which is the only thing that's holding me back.
Thats my only issue with this game, the game is far too easy. I LOVED aesthetics, music and story/characters but I wish the game would push back a little.

I still dont regret playing this game, despite my issue it was enjoyable.

Coolwhhip

Neophyte
Man I really have to replay this one. Story might be all over the place but the gameplay was just pure, unadultered fun.

Coolwhhip Coolwhhip wtf dude. Would you tell us your tastes? we might be able to recommend you something.

I only played a handful of games my entire life. I always get hooked for a long time. First game that I played endlessly was Goldeneye on the N64, then Starcraft and Counter Strike 1.6 for years and then World of Warcraft from 2005 until like 2015. Then again from 2019 to 2021 (Classic). So I love(d) Wow mainly and most other games feel boring and dead to me without thousands of people to interact with. I think recommending me games might be challenging. :messenger_sunglasses:

bender

What time is it?
I'm pretty close to wrapping up all the single player content in FH5 and I only have one XP billboard left to smash. I tend to stop playing once I earn an achievement for the daily AMEM Reward.

Still working my way through he Max Payne games. The first one is fun but shows its' age a bit, the second is a huge step up and I've having a much better time with it.

I might try restarting RDR2 again and giving it another shot.

I only played a handful of games my entire life. I always get hooked for a long time. First game that I played endlessly was Goldeneye on the N64, then Starcraft and Counter Strike 1.6 for years and then World of Warcraft from 2005 until like 2015. Then again from 2019 to 2021 (Classic). So I love(d) Wow mainly and most other games feel boring and dead to me without thousands of people to interact with. I think recommending me games might be challenging. :messenger_sunglasses:

Balan Wonderworld.

Last edited:

Kev Kev

i just saw they made switchball backwards compatible recently (on xbox, not sure about PS)

i used to love this game. rolling the ball around feels relaxing for some reason. i think because it feels like the ball has a decent weight to so rolling it around feels satisfying. if you havent tried it out give it a shot, i guess you can still buy it? im not sure, i feel like i bought it as a $5 arcade game back in the day

spookyfish

I’m ashamed to admit I’ve never finished Majora’s Mask, so I’m playing through that on my 3DS. Really wish the Grezzo Twins (OoT and MM) could be released in HD on the Switch. Playing this on a screen would be fantastic.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
I have a lot of smaler shorter games lined up.

Psychonauts 2
Tormented Souls
The Medium
The Forgotten City
Darq
Life is Strange: True Colors
Record of Lodoss War Deelit
Aeterna Noctis
Tandem: A Tale of Shadows
The Last Campfire

Then I'll be jumping into some RPGs I've had on the docket.

Slowly working on the platinum trophy for Far Cry 6. The game is great and underrated.

I have not played a Far Cry game since 2 so that might be why I am so blown away by it.

RAIDEN1

On only my 2nd playthrough of Mass Effect 2....one thing is for sure, the more planet scanning you gotta do the more dragging it gets!!!....You just want to get into the main action, but you know if you don't scan all the systems, then you may miss out on vital upgrades that may help you later on....but still the system could have been much improved.....

Bartski

Gold Member
Rolled credits on CHORVS on PS5. Not saying it's the best space shooter ever, I'm not an expert on the genre, but I hated Rogue Squadron and this is the best game I played this month.
I'd platinum it if it wasn't for a bug blocking progress for one of the trophies. Done.

Last edited:

Batiman

Banned
I have a lot of smaler shorter games lined up.

Psychonauts 2
Tormented Souls
The Medium
The Forgotten City
Darq
Life is Strange: True Colors
Record of Lodoss War Deelit
Aeterna Noctis
Tandem: A Tale of Shadows
The Last Campfire

Then I'll be jumping into some RPGs I've had on the docket.
Damn you play a lot of games at once. I won’t be playing more than 3-4 at a time.

Batiman

Banned
Not at once, just my lineup of games I’ll be playing.
Psychonauts 2 is actually a pretty long game. Especially if you take your time. A lot of cutscenes etc. Was amazing though. Thinking about replaying it again soon now that I just got an x. Want to see how great it’ll look.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I am currently playing Radiant Historia on 3DS. I have finished a lot the games I wanted to play. Played some Half-Life 2 on Steam. I love hearing the gun fire. I wish we could get a remastered version.

I’m use to this on PC with Steam, but I’ve scrolled through my console library and I’ve finished quite a bit of them and the rest don’t sound that engaging at the moment. It’s a weird feeling when you can scroll through 300+ games and you feel like you’ve either beat them years ago, dropped them, or not interested. I even scrolled through GamePass. I recently got the second ending to Dark Souls Remastered on Switch. Went back to play NG+ on PS4 side by side, but stuck it out with the Switch version. Might go back to Death’s Door. I think it’s just the holidays and excitement for 2022.

I recently got Record of Lodoss War Deelit. For whatever reason, playing Touhou Luna Nights feels similar and it kinda pisses me off. I played a lot of TLN and I wish I would have played RoLWD first. I feel soiled on that engine it uses.

Last edited:

lachesis

I’m ashamed to admit I’ve never finished Majora’s Mask, so I’m playing through that on my 3DS. Really wish the Grezzo Twins (OoT and MM) could be released in HD on the Switch. Playing this on a screen would be fantastic.

Well, I'm on the same boat.
OoT - I am ashamed to admit that I only finished the game on my 3DS, even though I bought N64 ver on day one of its release.
Majora's Mask, I am still working on, but alas... I got old person's vision now, and 3DS screen seem to be too small. :(

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
Being the season and all, I have a lot of games in the backlog thanks to gifts and sales. I decided to wanted to play a RPG, as it has been so long since I played a good one in the style I am most fond of - which is Forgotten Realms, D&D, isometric.

I installed Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus edition, and it's scratching an itch I have had for so long, since Pillars of Eternity 2.

First, I am not some avid pen and paper player so I had no idea Pathfinder was its own universe. It is, however, essentially Forgotten Realms in all but name. The races and classes are essentially the same, the attributes and abilities work the same way, saving throws and other skill checks work as one would expect, even the pantheon of gods is pretty much the same - just different names, different genders in some cases. The game is amazing looking and sounding and nearly fully voice acted. It has an extremely polished interface and inventory system, clearly learning from the mistakes of many past games. The narration even has definitions and terms available via mouseover - so if the NPC you're speaking with mentions some god, city, region, whatever, you can mouse over it and get a quick explanation. It's like gaming with the power of reading a Kindle book if that makes sense. Oh, and the NPC's are actually entertaining, like old school Baldur's Gate 1 and 2 cool.

Anyways this thing is on sale on steam for $8.99 USD right now. I got it as a gift, but I would have happily paid $30+ for it it's that good. This feels more like a sequel to Baldur's Gate than the official Baldur's Gate 3 does. No joke.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Replaying mad max, such an underrated game.

Still the best car explosions and sand\thunderstorm ever made in a videogame by a long shot, and the most realistic iteration of free flow combat, no sliding between targets or physically impossible counters, you need spacial awereness, good positioning and not being greedy to survive, and such a good car combat system.

People who like brutal melee and car combat need to play this fucking game.

Last edited:

SnapShot

Condemned 2 Bloodshot on Xenia Emulator, playing it like this just isn't doing it justice imo, needs a proper PC Port

Come on Nightdive Studios get on it

TintoConCasera

Thats my only issue with this game, the game is far too easy. I LOVED aesthetics, music and story/characters but I wish the game would push back a little.

I still dont regret playing this game, despite my issue it was enjoyable.
Well I've played some easy games that I still liked a lot mostly because of their charm, like Dragon Quest for example, so maybe I should play this one too.

Sorry my dude, I almost only play single player games so I might be unable to recommend anything. :goog_relieved:

What I like to recommend to anyone tho is trying out games that are outside your comfort zone, you might find something cool.

Came back To Tales of Symphonia after completing a first playthrough a month ago, and finally started a NG+.

I'm aiming for the Gung-ho title this time, meaning I need to clear a boss two-thirds into the game while being below a certain level; bought the half xp "bonus" from the grade shop so it should be easy enough to not over-level, but due to a slight miscalculation I ended up with way more Grade than I needed (forgot you get 1000 extra when completing a game) and chose to transfer learned Artes into this NG+... I thought starting the game with high-level spells would make things easier, but whew, forget Megumin, your casters don't even start with enough SP to cast their strongest nukes once! :messenger_dizzy: (being able to use them for more powerful Unison Attacks, like Gospel, is still very useful early on though)

amigastar

Playing Mario Odyssey again.
And still playing Chronicles of Myrtana Archolos (fantastic game just like Gothic 1 and 2)

Last edited:

95mellow

hands over crack pipe

capsule_616x353.jpg

spookyfish

Well, I'm on the same boat.
OoT - I am ashamed to admit that I only finished the game on my 3DS, even though I bought N64 ver on day one of its release.
Majora's Mask, I am still working on, but alas... I got old person's vision now, and 3DS screen seem to be too small. :(
Same. That’s why I wish N would go ahead and release these remasters on Switch.

Mr Hyde

Finished Code Veronica. It was great to revisit a classic Resident Evil. I'm still of the opinion that CV is the best of the old school RE alongside REmake. It's has so many cool twists and turns, crazy villains and a good story that builds upon the classic foundation set with the first trilogy on PSX. I remember it being a graphical powerhouse on the DC upon release and it kinda holds up fairly well today, despite showing its age (crappy port however). I particularly remember how cool I thought the camera was when it zoomed in and out of certain scenes, now with the backgrounds being fully 3D instead of pre-rendered. The tank controls were awful in the beginning but once you get the hang of it it's not so bad. All in all, CV is as good as it gets when it comes to classic Resident Evil. I hope Capcom remakes this one someday.

GymWolf

Finished Code Veronica. It was great to revisit a classic Resident Evil. I'm still of the opinion that CV is the best of the old school RE alongside REmake. It's has so many cool twists and turns, crazy villains and a good story that builds upon the classic foundation set with the first trilogy on PSX. I remember it being a graphical powerhouse on the DC upon release and it kinda holds up fairly well today, despite showing its age (crappy port however). I particularly remember how cool I thought the camera was when it zoomed in and out of certain scenes, now with the backgrounds being fully 3D instead of pre-rendered. The tank controls were awful in the beginning but once you get the hang of it it's not so bad. All in all, CV is as good as it gets when it comes to classic Resident Evil. I hope Capcom remakes this one someday.
I always thought that the atmosphere was less "horror"compared to the first 3.

Last edited:

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll
Playing Crown Trick recently. Ost sucks but gameplay is fun. I will probably stick with it for awhile.

Tried Portal for second time, after 11 years. I got bored at exactly the same point, 16th puzzle in first chapter. It got complicated so fast, it's not suitable for my IQ level. But i will try to finish it this time.

Top Bottom