• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What game are you currently playing?

H2x1_NSwitchDS_BorderlandsGameoftheYearEdition_image1600w.jpg

Still a really fun game. I definitely do prefer Borderlands 2 but I also like the vibe of this game, even if it's a bit more of a barebones experience. Pandora just has a cool atmosphere in this.

sedg87

Banned
Great game

But Breath of Fire 4 is still my favorite

I haven't played BOF 1, 2 and 5 though

My issues with BOF3 is the forced minigames

Some of them took me forever to get through

BOF3 is one of my fave games ever, but you're right about the mini-games. I hate the well mini game. I got stuck on that and the desert section as a kid. Yuck.

I never finished 4. I only got a few hours in. Think I'll play it after 4.

oji-san

Banned
Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Collection, Played UC4 before on PS4 and it's a nice upgrade for a remaster, Never played Lost Legacy so that's next.

BOF3 is one of my fave games ever, but you're right about the mini-games. I hate the well mini game. I got stuck on that and the desert section as a kid. Yuck.

The well minigame and the desert section were torture

Not to mention the timed boat race, counting the beeps before starting the engine minigame etc

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Yakuza Ishin aka Like A Dragon Ishin.

Its ok. I really feel like this series peaked with Yakuza 0. Kiwami wasnt as good, and neither was Kiwami 2. Not bad games, just not as good as 0.

SEGA_2012

Playing LBP Kart Racing on my PS Triple. This game is "Mario Kart Blue Shell" on steroid. It is a good game, but God every 5 seconds you get hit by some homing item. It is so annoying.

McCarth

DQXI - just got to Lonalulu and I think I’m tapping out. I’m enjoying the combat and nostalgia, but everything else is very, very weak. Awful, cliched story; bland characters; laughable ‘quests’ and a surprisingly poor soundtrack are draining on me. To think I have 30+ hours left is too much…

T0minator

Playing LBP Kart Racing on my PS Triple. This game is "Mario Kart Blue Shell" on steroid. It is a good game, but God every 5 seconds you get hit by some homing item. It is so annoying.
How's the frame rate in the game? I'm thinking of plugging in my PS3 to check out some games

bender

What time is it?
The copy of Wanted: Dead I ordered from the Gamefly sale arrived today. I'm not very far in as I've only defeated the first boss, and the game does have some jank (one crash, said boss also clipped into a wall and later into a cover point in the environment causing it to be stuck), but there is something about the game I like. It's got an old school batshit story with horrible voice acting which very endearing. The animations, particularly the finishers, are pretty rough. The main character looks like something you'd create in a Soul character creator. The combat wasn't clicking with me at first but once I had the epiphany that the sidearm shares a lot of similarities to the side arm in Bloodborne, I started to have a better time. There is also something nice about dying a bunch on normal on the first level of game. The checkpoint system is generous enough to not be too annoying and you discover more of the depth to the mechanics. Hopefully my enjoyment holds up.

-Zelda-

Banned
still playing Zelda, BOTW. FINALLY got enough hearts to get the Master Sword. I like this game, but HATE how long it takes to do anything in it. Focused on getting two full stamina gauges before focusing on the 13 hearts requirement. I have not done any of the divine beasts yet. have 55 korok seeds. All those shrines and towers felt like so much busy work. Even after all these hours, I only have 4 recovered memories. Wish they would have just told the story in a linear way, not via memory hunting. Water, rain, lightning, and thunder can all go rot in a pit.

Last edited:

Crayon

I haven't played anything for weeks. Distracted by something else. But I have a long long flight next week and I'm going to start totk on it.

hemo memo

Gold Member
still playing Zelda, BOTW. FINALLY got enough hearts to get the Master Sword. I like this game, but HATE how long it takes to do anything in it. Focused on getting two full stamina gauges before focusing on the 13 hearts requirement. I have not done any of the divine beasts yet. have 55 korok seeds. All those shrines and towers felt like so much busy work. Even after all these hours, I only have 4 recovered memories. Wish they would have just told the story in a linear way, not via memory hunting. Water, rain, lightning, and thunder can all go rot in a pit.
Currently playing BotW as well. I have 15 hearts and 1 and a half stamina gauge. 60 shrines down and 4 beasts down. Now in the final part of the CB dlc. Ganon is next. I’m playing it this time very differently than the first time i’ve played it on release. This time I don’t actively look for shrines but do the shrines that come on my way to a divine beast or a tower because this way I can actually finish the game.

reksveks

After blasting through Inscryption, going through a minor lull in motivation. Got one day to hopefully break out of it before Fuga 2.

Got to Chapter 7 in Valkyria Chronicles 4

Surprised by how much I'm enjoying it

Never played the original

I FINALLY finished Octopath 2, absolutely AMAZING!

I loved the it’s true finale boss, it was fun and very creative, games like this makes loved turn based combat.

As someone who dropped the first game midway through would you recommend it? I found the first game to be too grindy for me

Dr. Suchong

Finally got around to playing Bayonetta 2 (Wii U version) and I'm amazed at how much spectacle happens in the first 10 mins of starting.
Haven't played a Platinum game in awhile, so I've realised how much I've missed them and their mastery of this particular genre.
I'm determined to git gud at the exhaustive combos and really delve into the intricacies of the combat.
On the cusp of unlocking the final level cap in Mhr, so I'll be grinding levels and going for some insane longsword builds.

Dr. Suchong

DQXI - just got to Lonalulu and I think I’m tapping out. I’m enjoying the combat and nostalgia, but everything else is very, very weak. Awful, cliched story; bland characters; laughable ‘quests’ and a surprisingly poor soundtrack are draining on me. To think I have 30+ hours left is too much…
That's the thing about Dragons quest games, they lean too heavily on the nostalgia factor and it shows.
I too found 11 to be a bit of a slog and dropped it around half way. A real shame because I loved 8.
I'll probably try it again at some point.
I hope 12 shakes things up a bit.

TrebleShot

Just finished Jedi Fallen Order for a second time played it on super easy mode and it was great fun, I felt like an actual Jedi flipping around single or two hit deaths with a lightsaber (how it’s supposed to be) only bosses were a little more immersion breaking as they can wail on you and you’ll be down to like half health. I wish you could balance it so you deal high damage like super easy mode and they deal high damage if your hit. (PS5)

Anyway now playing deaths door on PS5 what a lovely game. Much more difficult on the bosses than Fallen Order but nice soundtrack and great visuals. Also have it on steam deck/PC so may continue on there, but PS5 haptics are really finessed

Mr Hyde

I'm having a lot of fun with Arkham Origins. Jokers fun house was a great level and the pursuit of him has been one of the highlights of the game. He doesn't feel as iconic as he did in Asylum and City, but he does the job well enough in Origins. Only downside of the game is the poor optimization. The game is chugging hard out in the open world. I hope I can wrap this up over the weekend so I can jump in on Zelda.

bad guy

as bad as Danny Zuko in gym knickers
I've been playing Sludge Life when I want something relaxing. It was free on Steam recently when SL2 came out. Cool game, should have bought it on release.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Just hit 100 hours in COD MW2. Now I think I may go back to Cold War until new content drops in MW2.
Just waiting on SF6 in June.

sedg87

Banned
Valkyrie Elysium
Outside of the first few hours, I didn't really enjoy it all that much. Very samey and I grew tired of the combat quite quickly. Probably worth a 6/10.

Also playing Resi Director's Cut, Ninja Gaiden Sigma, Ghostwire Tokyo, Breath of Fire 3 and FF6. Struggling to just settle on a single game. Seems to be the norm for me lately.

Wartales (awesome), Jedi Survivor (pretty awesome, and janky af), some Mario Kart 8 and soon to be Zelda and Diablo. Egads. Diablo will ultimately win the day as far as concentrated time spent.

sedg87

Banned
Resident Evil Director's Cut
Back in the mansion now. Deciding if I should collect the MO disks in order to save Chris. Might let him rot tbh.

Breath of Fire 3
Arrived in Raphena. Gotta train Beyd now. Fun.

engstra

Not posted in a while as I've not had much time for games. Was recently back home for a bit and finally used my switch for the first time in ages.

Finished Kirby Forgotten Lands and was playing it with a smile on my face the entire time. Only have the final colosseum gauntlet to complete to 100% the game. I want to do it but finding it actually pretty challenging, and more importantly time consuming.

What the Golf: Super fun with loads of game and pop culture references, recommend to anyone who hasn't played it yet. Completed it in one sitting.

No More Heroes: Did not know much about the game going in and this game is bonkers. The writing etc is very dated but still a blast. Liking the loop of doing chores to make money to be able to fight the next boss. Boss battles are really awesome.

Now playing Ghost of Tsushima, and blown away by how good it looks on the ps5 with my recently purchased OLED. Having fun with it but game feels a little too big. I've almost fully explored the first island and there's 2 more....

R6Rider

Gold Member
Recently bought Saints Row The Third for 6 bucks (PS Store sale) and I've been playing it co-op. I've played it back on PS3, but never co-op before. Damn good fun.

Might start playing Zelda TotK tonight, but not entirely sure.

Bond007

Jedi Survivor was oddly interrupted by Pikmin 3 Deluxe. Completed that and now looking forward to Zelda over the weekend.
Jedi is on the back burner for now.

Taking a little break from New Super Lucky's Tale. It's hot in my room tonight and I wanted something super simple to play because my brain is going like 0 mph.

Clustertruck fit the bill. Nice little game for the $1.86 I paid on some shady key site. Only because I couldnt get the game to be 3.75 on Greenman Gaming like the sale was showing.

Age of Wonders 4. It's pretty good.
How the hell is this IP still around. I assume someone bought the rights at some point simply because they were too lazy to come up with a name not already in use? My roommate and I played a lot of the first game… 25 years ago?

edit: apparently the original studio has just been pumping out this series the whole time.

edit 2: goddamn, now I want to play this game.

Last edited:
Tears of the Kingdom was just delivered. I'm fighting the urge to play it because I realized I never beat the original Legend of Zelda back in the day. So I think that's my job this weekend.

Paltheos

The well minigame and the desert section were torture

Not to mention the timed boat race, counting the beeps before starting the engine minigame etc
Fun fact: The game gives you two sets of directions for crossing the desert. The first is from the guide from Dragnier and the second in your journal at camp. The directions from the guide are fine (if non-optimal as there's a faster, more direct route), but the ones in your journal are wrong and send you in an opposite direction. Easy to not catch too as the mistake is a simple difference of east/west and that particular step is not the first for crossing the desert. It's not a surprise so many people hate this sequence.

How the hell is this IP still around. I assume someone bought the rights at some point simply because they were too lazy to come up with a name not already in use? My roommate and I played a lot of the first game… 25 years ago?

edit: apparently the original studio has just been pumping out this series the whole time.

edit 2: goddamn, now I want to play this game.

Do it, it's fucking amazing.

Mr Hyde

Cult of Kefkas Tower must be one of the worst piece of shit areas I've ever been to in a Jrpg. They put you against enemies who cast the most annoying spells ever imagined. Reflect, Graviga, Hastega, every fucking status ailments under the sun, while I can do jack shit because they one shot me everytime. Fuck this place.

sedg87

Banned
Cult of Kefkas Tower must be one of the worst piece of shit areas I've ever been to in a Jrpg. They put you against enemies who cast the most annoying spells ever imagined. Reflect, Graviga, Hastega, every fucking status ailments under the sun, while I can do jack shit because they one shot me everytime. Fuck this place.

I'm just about to face Ultima Weapon on the floating continent and you're making me want to not play it again haha. I've heard quite a few people say similar stuff about some of the areas later in the game.

Tactics Ogre Reborn
Played for around four hours and really enjoying it so far. I haven't played too many of these SRPGs or whatever you call them; Just FF Tactics actually and Disgaea, I think.

Mr Hyde

I'm just about to face Ultima Weapon on the floating continent and you're making me want to not play it again haha. I've heard quite a few people say similar stuff about some of the areas later in the game.

I just finished the tower. End boss was perhaps even more annoying than the tower. Out of all the hell holes in World of Ruin, Kefkas Tower is easily the worst. Makes Phoenix Cave look like a stroll in the park. Brace yourself.

AmuroChan

Had an urge to play a stealth game so decided to replay MGSV. The game is almost a decade old but the gameplay is still top notch.

Top Bottom