• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What is your hygiene routine?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was talking to a friend and I told him i don't shower everyday and only wash my hair once a week and he was repulsed. Am I some kind of freak or do other people not feel it necessarily to be so "clean?" If i wash everyday my skin and complexion turn to crap and my hair becomes dry.

This is my routine
-shower 3-4 times a week and only use soap on my pits and genital area.

-brush teeth twice a day with either baking soda or arm and hammer toothpaste. floss a few times a week(hard for me to do)

-wash hair once a week with natural olive oil shampoo. if really bad ill use baking soda or apple cider vinegar(stinks)

-dont use hair products, sometimes might use some anti frizz crap. only comb, not brush hair

-dont use conditioner, few times a year i might leave EVOO in my hair for a couple hours

-i never wash my face with anything but room temp water

-if i get a pimple i ice it and let it do its thing. if it pops i clean it and use apple cider vinegar to prevent scarring

- i only use deodorant if i know ill be doing physical work, i dont sweat much

-dont use things like cologne, spray, lotion, sunblock etc.

-shave face twice a week

I always get a shower before work and before going out. That usually means every day for me. I shampoo every day. Need to for my scalp.

Eww... Don't use deodorant and only bath half a week? When you say don't use hair products do you mean you just don't use shampoo or you don't clean your hair at all?

fuzzyreactor said:
-shower 3-4 times a week and only use soap on my pits and genital area.

-wash hair once a week with natural olive oil shampoo. if really bad ill use baking soda or apple cider vinegar(stinks)

-i never wash my face with anything but room temp water

- i only use deodorant if i know ill be doing physical work, i dont sweat much

-dont use things like cologne, spray, lotion, sunblock etc.
dude you sound gross.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
1 bath each day with bubbles, hair wash, full body wash

Brush my teeth once a day (i get free dental care so i don't go out my way to brush twice)

Solo

Shower twice a day (when I wake up and after work or gym). Shampoo and body wash. Shave about twice a week. Brush twice daily. Pretty standard.

CFMOORE!

currently rocking the shower once a day with only water routine from the other thread. so far it works out very well for me and my skin and hair seem to benefit from it generally.

sfedai0

Banned
Another GAF-Hygiene thread where the camps of shampoo+soap will rage on the non users and then both get terrorized by those who dont shower for days.

i take a shower in the morning and at night when i get home from work. the morning shower is basically me just getting wet and washing my face.

Kentpaul said:
1 bath each day with bubbles, hair wash, full body wash

Brush my teeth once a day (i get free dental care so i don't go out my way to brush twice)

Enjoy your painful and free root canals.

edit:

Shower once a day*, Dove men body care soap. Pantene shampoo and conditioner.
Brush twice a day, floss 2-3 times a week or when I specifically need to (corn on the cob and other food).

I don't use any hair product outside of the above.

Regular deoderant.

When I go running, 2-3 times a week, if its after work I'll shower w/ just water and a little of the body soap.

Shave every other day for work so usually tends to be M, W, F and then don't on the weekends.

Take a shower once in 2 days and with washing my hears. No extra shampoo for my body, don't have any problems with it either.

Brush my teeth twice a day. The only exception is sometimes in vacations and weekend when I only brush my teeth before I go to sleep

Put deodorant on every morning.

Shave about once a week.

And that's about it. I don't get any complaints about body smells so I think I'll stick with this routine.

- J - D -

I feel pretty grimy unless I shower in the morning and I have to shower at night because of my regular workouts.

All the other stuff is fairly standard. per day: brush x2, non-fragrant deodorant, shave once every other day.

ultron87

Shower in the morning, shampoo and soap and all that jazz. Put on deodorant after that.

If I go running or do something else that gets me all sweaty I'll rinse off in the shower with no soap or shampoo after I do that.

Brush teeth in the morning. Floss, then brush at night.

ghst

thanks for the laugh
Forearms said:
Only once? Disgusting!
my family clumped together to get me a dirt-devil for xmas, they forgot the batteries though.

atleast they know what to get me for my birthday!

Shower twice a day. Shampoo scalp at night.

-Scalding hot water
-Dove sensitive skin soap

Brush teeth in the am. Brush and floss at work after lunch. Brush and floss at home after dinner.

Arm and hammer sport deodorant.

Eucerin lotion.

-Wake up

-Work out

-Take a short jog

-Sit on my bed for a little bit with my shirt off (that part was for the ladies)

-Brush my teeth

-Shave my neck hairs so my beard doesn't look all scruffy and unkempt

-Trim the beard at least once every other week. More if I'm actually leaving the house

-Get naked

-Turn the shower on. Hot, but not too hot.

-Scrub my face with wash cloth. Not super hard, but enough to take the dead skin off.

-Turn the water down a little

-Get my hair wet

-I use either a plain Suave shampoo, Damage Control, or Moisturizing. Then I rinse it out.

-Then I use plain conditioner. Sometimes I will comb it in to try and get it to every strand of hair. Then I rinse that out after rubbing it in with my hands. For the record I am still naked at this point.

-Wash my feet with a washcloth usually. No soap.

-Turn off the water and get out of the shower.

-Towel dry my hair and then look in the mirror and smooth it out.

-Splash cold water on my face and then use a small amount of moisturizer on it.

-Clothe my naked body.

-Let my hair air dry the rest of the way by sitting in my room for about hour. Check on it again later and fix it up a bit to make sure it looks good. Sometimes I might use a matte cream if the bangs are weird. I have shaggy mid-length hair.

I typically shower once every morning, brush my teeth in the morning before I eat and at night before I sleep, and I only shave the part of my face that I don't want as part of my beard once a week. Usually Sundays.

That is the story of my morning hygiene routine. I hope you enjoyed it.

TheExodu5

Banned
Shower every 2 days, with shampoo (Head & Shoulders...get dandruff otherwise). Brush teeth twice daily (sometimes I'm particularly lazy at night and fall asleep, but I feel gross in the morning).

If you want an easier time flossing, get these (random brand):

picture_12.png

ooh... another hygiene thread!

-Shower twice a day - I wash myself with a rag on a stick
-antiperspirant
-lotion can't be looking ashy.
-on really hot days, I might even throw some gold bond on the boys - feels good man.

- Shower every morning, again at night if I work out or just feel like it
- While "showering" I soap my dirty areas vigorously..
- At the end of my "shower" I plug the tub and lay down for a bit.. use bath soap so the rest of my body gets cleaned, I do this partially to steam my face.. partially because I find it enjoyable.
- Shave my neck, face completely.. trim other areas if needed... I do this every day with few exceptions.. sometimes again in the evening if I'm going out.
- Stand up and rinse everything off, and apply face wash
- Wash my hair twice a week, once on the weekend.. once sometime mid-week.. my girlfriend actually shampoos and conditions my hair for me as I sit in the tub.. very relaxing and enjoyable.. get a nice head massage.
- Wear deodorant.. which I typically give a refresh swipe or 2 after work just for evening freshness
- I brush my teeth really well twice a day.. and quickly another 2-3 times during the day for freshness

I do not regularly use any lotion, but I do have some after-shave lotion that I put on my neck if it's feeling irritated.

I also don't wear cologne... but despite that.. am ALWAYS complimented on the way I smell.. I despise cologne.. my fresh deodorant smell + manliness trumps any cologne.

TheExodu5

Banned
Most of the time, my sweat is completely odorless. I still put on deodorant everyday and keep a spare stick with me at all times though, because I'm not taking a chance. Nothing worse than being smelly.

Arnie

I shower when I wake up and before(if) I go out in the evenings, plus after exercise.

I use body wash and shampoo daily and wash all places.

I may sometimes wash my face with water before going to bed, depending on how my skin feels.

Nothing fancy, pretty standard.

Avant

Neo Member
I have a morning ritual that I need to share. I call it "the terminator". First I crouch down in the shower in the classic "naked terminator traveling through time" pose. With my eyes closed I crouch there for a minute, visualizing either Arnold or the guy from the second movie (not the chick in the third one because that one sucked) and I start to hum the terminator theme. Then I slowly rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me to proceed through my day as an emotionless, cyborg badass. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It ruins the fantasy.

sfedai0

Banned
Avant said:
I have a morning ritual that I need to share. I call it "the terminator". First I crouch down in the shower in the classic "naked terminator traveling through time" pose. With my eyes closed I crouch there for a minute, visualizing either Arnold or the guy from the second movie (not the chick in the third one because that one sucked) and I start to hum the terminator theme. Then I slowly rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me to proceed through my day as an emotionless, cyborg badass. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It ruins the fantasy.

No where in that do you mention actually cleaning yourself, so you are a dirty, smelly cyborg.

brucewaynegretzky said:
1.) Still gross. 2.) My girlfriend used to like how I smelled when I got back from hockey, and even I thought I smelled like shit then... Go biology!

I had a girl who loved my natural "musk" as she would call it without deoderant. Maybe there is something to be said about our natural scent that we don't detect.

I believe in taking care of myself and a balanced diet and rigorous exercise routine. In the morning if my face is a little puffy I'll put on an ice pack while doing stomach crunches. I can do 1000 now. After I remove the ice pack I use a deep pore cleanser lotion. In the shower I use a water activated gel cleanser, then a honey almond body scrub, and on the face an exfoliating gel scrub. Then I apply an herb-mint facial mask which I leave on for 10 minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine. I always use an after shave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm followed by a final moisturizing protective lotion

Well someone had to..

But for real:
shower daily (in the morning, oh the controversy)
- Dove for Men
- Shampoo every 3 days or so
- Aloe gel afterwards
- anti-perspirant

brush my teeth twice, in the morning during the shower, and just before I go to bed

Full shave 1-2 a week, trim/shave cheeks and neck area almost daily

Not much else.

Avant said:

This is a great first post.

protonion

Baldness is one of my fears. I've been asking around and looking at the internet. Washing your hair every day is not good! Best is every other day and alternate (every 1-2 months) between normal and pharmacy shampoos.

My routine is normal except when I was in the army. We were left at a certain place with no water for washing.
20 days later my penis started producing cheese.

I can understand Solo's frustration. There have been a bunch of people who smelled like crap that I've worked with and treated the idea of them not wearing deodorant as like a badge of honor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom