• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What is your hygiene routine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lunchtoast

Shower with minimal soap, don't use shampoo. Brush morning and night, floss usually after every meal. Mouthwash if I ate something strong or am going to see gf. Apply deodorant. Pour baby powder down my pants on hot days.

Pimpbaa

Always have a few dirtbags in threads like these who are somehow proud of it. In this case, it's the OP.

Avant said:
I have a morning ritual that I need to share. I call it "the terminator". First I crouch down in the shower in the classic "naked terminator traveling through time" pose. With my eyes closed I crouch there for a minute, visualizing either Arnold or the guy from the second movie (not the chick in the third one because that one sucked) and I start to hum the terminator theme. Then I slowly rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me to proceed through my day as an emotionless, cyborg badass. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It ruins the fantasy.
:lol Holy shit, I lost it hard at "terminator leg". Brilliant!

- shower daily with body wash, shampoo, and face wash although I think I'm going to cut back on the body and face wash because I've been noticing that my skin is always dry.
- gold bond on the junk and ass; feels good man indeed.
- brush teeth twice daily.
- shave face once a week. the wife likes it scruffy so I just shave it down to stubble and let it grow until it gets too scruffy
- deodorant but no cologne

Shower once every night with soap and shampoo

Brush teeth twice a day with toothpaste and mouthwash

Wash face 3 or 4 times a day - use acne rinse once a day

Deodorant in the morning along with some body spray usually before I toss my shirt on

I have a beard that I try to keep trim and shave my neck maybe once a week to stave off neck-beard

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
OP looks and smells terrible. how do you even have friends?

-shower every morning (i admittedly use shampoo/conditioner very rarely, my hair does not get oily)

-shower at night if i went to the gym/skateboarded/did some sort of physical activity

-brush twice daily, floss rarely

-scrub my face with facewash once a night

-scentless deodorant once a day, maybe twice if i go out at night

-shave once a week (shaving every Tuesday morning means I have great looking stubble for Thursday-Saturday night)

Luscious LeftFoot said:
-lotion can't be looking ashy.

yes, this one for me and my colored bredran

fuzzyreactor said:
yes, i smell like a man. you smell like a chemical

use scentless deodorant you grimy fuck

goodfella said:
the fuck?

Do people do this?

It's not unheard of. Some people bathe w/ baking soda. Put some water in it until it turns into a paste and just slap it on the stinky parts and let it sit for a while.

Get's all the stink of the day out.

Also, gargling w/ peroxide....

JaseMath

Shower every morning - body wash and facial cleanser; wash my hair 4-5 times a week. Lotion after the shower plus facial lotion. Brush teeth at least twice a day. Wash face before bed, night lotion afterwards. Beautiful.

Thoraxes

I'm a scumbag when I don't have to go out, but the second I need to go out into public, I need to be presentable, so I basically shower and such when I have to go out, otherwise I just brush my teeth once a day.

In the morning if my face is a little puffy I'll put on an ice pack while doing stomach crunches. I can do 1000 now. After I remove the ice pack I use a deep pore cleanser lotion.

In the shower I use a water activated gel cleanser, then a honey almond body scrub, and on the face an exfoliating gel scrub. Then I apply an herb-mint facial mask which I leave on for 10 minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine.

I always use an after shave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm followed by a final moisturizing protective lotion.

During the summer this is my routine

Wake up 6:40ish.

Meet with my XC team at 7 for a run.

Either go to the gym right after or at night. When I get home in the morning I take a shower and use lots of soap, but a small amount of shampoo. If I go to the gym later in the day then I end up taking two of these showers a day.

I try to brush my teeth twice a day but sometimes it's really late and I'm tired. I regret it in the morning though.

Always use deodorant.

What about butthole hygiene?

I won't take a crap w/o baby whipes handy.. keep a portable deal at work in my backpack, 1 in my car.. and of course, have dispensers on all of my toilets. Start with a dry wipe or 2, then to the baby wipes.. then usually pat dry with TP. I also spend quite a bit of time in the shower ensuring a clean butthole... vigorously soap around the area.. and even a bit "in" there.. oh yeah, nice and clean!

nVidiot_Whore said:
What about butthole hygiene?

I won't take a crap w/o baby whipes handy.. keep a portable deal at work in my backpack, 1 in my car.. and of course, have dispensers on all of my toilets. Start with a dry wipe or 2, then to the baby wipes.. then usually pat dry with TP. I also spend quite a bit of time in the shower ensuring a clean butthole... vigorously soap around the area.. and even a bit "in" there.. oh yeah, nice and clean!

1 swipe

lol, nah i use wipes

Pimpbaa

SabinFigaro said:
In the morning if my face is a little puffy I'll put on an ice pack while doing stomach crunches. I can do 1000 now. After I remove the ice pack I use a deep pore cleanser lotion.

In the shower I use a water activated gel cleanser, then a honey almond body scrub, and on the face an exfoliating gel scrub. Then I apply an herb-mint facial mask which I leave on for 10 minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine.

I always use an after shave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm followed by a final moisturizing protective lotion.

We go from one extreme to the other lol.

3N16MA

Banned
LeleSocho said:
sincerely unless you sweat 2 showers/day sounds like an overkill

Many people like to shower in the morning before work/school. No way I'm not showering once I get home after being out all day.

- Shower twice a day (body wash both times, shampoo and conditioner once every other day)
- Brush twice and floss/mouthwash once a day
- Deodorant twice a day
- Face wash non medicated and moisturize once a day
- Shave when needed

Pretty basic.

GDGF

Soothsayer
I bathe every day. Sometimes twice in the Summer.

I brush my teeth everyday. Sometimes multiple times.

I shave whenever my face gets too itchy.

And deodorant every day of course.

GDGF

Soothsayer
SabinFigaro said:

american-psycho-.jpg

Shower everyday.
Brush twice a day.
Deodorant everyday.

After an acne outbreak I stopped using any soap on the face to see if a change in routine would help things, ditched shampoo as well.

Satchel

Banned
Generally shower every day since I work 6 days a week, but if I know I'm not doing anything on Saturday, I don't bother.

Brush my teeth twice a day, and floss the second time (at night), and rinse with salty warm water.

Cleanse face in the shower and use anti-wrinkle/ageing moisturiser with sunscreens afterwards.

Shave when I can be bothered, which is usually once a week, but I'm not a real man when it comes to facial hair. I still can't grow a real goatee
LLShC.gif

Don't use hair gel, or very rarely, because 90% of the time my head is shaved.

Deodorant every day. Sweat a LOT more than I used to when I was younger, and the problem is, a LOT of my tshirts are FUCKED under the pits now from the sweat/deodorant combo.

-KRS-

LeleSocho said:
sincerely unless you sweat 2 showers/day sounds like an overkill

I think it depends a lot on where you live and what you're typically doing on any given day.

I usually go one day between showers, but during the summer I shower more often and during the winter I sometimes may not shower for two days. I change my underwear and t-shirt every day. I'm also one of those filthy people who stopped using shampoo and loves it. And I only use body wash once a week. I do regularly use deodorant though.

My morning routine is usually:
-Wake up
-Brush teeth
-Wash my face
-Depending on how clean I feel I take a shower or not.
-Eat something
-And off I go (well not literally right now, studying from home)

JBuccCP

Shower at least once a day, sometimes twice if I'm sweaty after work.
Brush teeth after breakfast and before going to bed, floss with a water flosser and occasionally regular floss.
I use some regular soap on my pits and privates, some gentle cleanser stuff everywhere else. Haven't used shampoo in a while.
Some Arm and Hammer deodorant.
And some moisturizer cause my hands get really dry at work.

Erasus

Brush teeth 2 times a day
Shower + wash hair everyday or every 2 days
Wash face with water when I feel like it
Deodorant every day, nothing else really.

Any tips?

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
Shower once a month. I usually smells like eggs.

BaDJuJu

Neo Member
If you take a big shit at least once a day, you need to wash your ass at some point you funky bastards!

3N16MA

Banned
BaDJuJU said:
If you take a big shit at least once a day, you need to wash your ass at some point you funky bastards!

Wet wipes and showering twice a day should take care of it.

Ribbon

Shower first thing in the morning, soap n shampoo with deodorant applied after I get dressed. Brush teeth twice a day and mouth wash then also, floss before bed. Shave every 3 days, clip nails once a week.

Subliminal said:
I personally don't wear deodorant and most people seem shocked when I tell them.

I don't sweat, I'm not gross.
NO, u smell like shit no matter what those imaginary people tell you!!!!!!!!!

Trojan X

Banned
nVidiot_Whore said:
- Shower every morning, again at night if I work out or just feel like it
- While "showering" I soap my dirty areas vigorously..
- At the end of my "shower" I plug the tub and lay down for a bit.. use bath soap so the rest of my body gets cleaned, I do this partially to steam my face.. partially because I find it enjoyable.
- Shave my neck, face completely.. trim other areas if needed... I do this every day with few exceptions.. sometimes again in the evening if I'm going out.
- Stand up and rinse everything off, and apply face wash
- Wash my hair twice a week, once on the weekend.. once sometime mid-week.. my girlfriend actually shampoos and conditions my hair for me as I sit in the tub.. very relaxing and enjoyable.. get a nice head massage.
- Wear deodorant.. which I typically give a refresh swipe or 2 after work just for evening freshness
- I brush my teeth really well twice a day.. and quickly another 2-3 times during the day for freshness

I do not regularly use any lotion, but I do have some after-shave lotion that I put on my neck if it's feeling irritated.

I also don't wear cologne... but despite that.. am ALWAYS complimented on the way I smell.. I despise cologne.. my fresh deodorant smell + manliness trumps any cologne.

MountainGoat2.jpg

Mountain goats... So natural and they stink so well... :D

Of course, this is a joke.

ATF487

-Shower every day, twice if I exercise/sweat a shitton. Usually take a shit while the water warms up
-When I shower I always do it in the same order: soap, shampoo, facewash
-Post shower I use this red reducing moisturizer that works pretty well
-Brush teeth twice a day, floss every night and sometimes during the day if something bothers me. Got into a bad habit of not using mouthwash but I'm gonna fix that
-Deodorant before I go out, but sometimes I forget, especially in the winter. Would never work out without putting it on.
-Shave whenever I feel like, which isn't often
-Wash face usually twice a day, once in the shower and once at night

-Shower twice a day.
-Deodorant every morning.
-Brush teeth 3 times.
-Sauna (morrocan bath) every other week. You will be amazed how much dirt you carry around with you. Try it an pm thank me later.

You'll never catch me smelly or with bad breath, fuck stinky people.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
i actually get people who don't wear cologne, i rarely rarely wear cologne (and wear scentless deoderant)

that's how you avoid "smelling like chemicals" but don't end up "smelling like hot garbage"

mt1200

Shower only if I have to go to work or to go out (almost every day).
Brush my teeth based on the same criteria, once a day.
No shampoo, I dont care about my hair.
Always deo but I want to quit it someday with those antismell diets .
Cologne most of the time, sometimes I forget it.

LeleSocho

Banned
BaDJuJU said:
you know where i live we use these...
bidet.jpg

still can't think that country like U.S.A don't use these... you nasty nasty americans... *vomit*

Jangocube

Banned
Solo said:
You smell like a sweaty anus. Ill take a chemical smell.

Haha

Yeah, you probably do smell pretty bad. Especially considering the amounts of vinegar you use. SOME has to stay on you, residue or not.

I shower once a day, twice if I do anything that would require it. Brush teeth once/twice a day. Shampoo every other day. Use deodorant. Use the shampoo bubbles as my soap unless I'm really dirty. That's about it.

3N16MA

Banned
Anyone who says they don't smell bad while not using deodorant and only showering once a day simply can't smell their own BO.

mt1200

3N16MA said:
Anyone who says they don't smell bad while not using deodorant and only showering once a day simply can't smell their own BO.

Some people have like a gifted skin, never wear deo, and they never smell, I dont know why.

FStop7

Banned
Shower once a day, twice if I'm sweaty after working outside. Use soap (body wash) everywhere

Wash hair every day

Trim beard once a week

Brush teeth once a day

Flush ears with a squeeze bulb full of warm water once a week, use q-tips to lightly clean wax every couple of days

Deodorant - once a day, unless at some point I get extremely sweaty

Check for stray ear/nose hairs once every couple of weeks

Trim fingernails and toenails every few weeks (I have a habit of biting fingernails, though)

Get a haircut maybe once every 6 weeks or so

Use SPF100 sunblock when spending all day outside, and/or wear long sleeves

3N16MA

Banned
mt1200 said:
Some people have like a gifted skin, never wear deo, and they never smell, I dont know why.

Perhaps in the winter when many stay indoors and do not sweat. However in the summer I find it hard to believe if you're out in the heat.

3N16MA said:
Perhaps in the winter when many stay indoors and do not sweat. However in the summer I find it hard to believe if you're out in the heat.
for the most part im not out in the heat. im in an air conditioned building on a computer

cacophony

shower/wash my face/brush teeth/shampoo/conditioner once a day
put deodorant on when i wake up and after i shower
wear cologne any time i go somewhere (one spray, i don't coat myself in it)
make sure my clothes never smell

i can not stand people who smell bad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom