• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What "Must Play" games am I missing from my PS4 Library?

Jigsaah

Gold Member
Hey guys. I game mainly on PC nowadays. It's mostly where I play PC exclusives and third-party games and games for GP. My X1X is my go to for third party games I want to play on a bigger screen or where I don't care about framerate so much.

My PS4 library consists mainly of exclusives. However I know a lot of you game solely on PS4 and so I'd like to know if I'm missing any gems that I can only get on PS4.

So far I already have:

Bloodborne
Death Stranding
Spiderman
Horizon Zero Dawn
God of War
Uncharted 4
Persona 5
Ghost of Tsushima
Gravity Rush 1 and 2
BlazBlue
Second Son
FF7R
FFXIV (on PC now...originally on PS3 then PS4)
Abe's Oddysee
EDIT: TLOU2. Can't believe I forgot this one.
Fuck I really shouldn't do this thread while at work. I also have Nier: Automata.

Here's some games that may be mentioned but I already have decided I have no interest in:
Detroit Become Human
Dayz Gone
The Order 1886
Street Fighter V (Tekken is mo' better)

I'm interested in getting maybe some RPGs, action hack and slash games. Absolutely no first person shooters as I will only play those on an Xbox controller or M&KB. Just personal preference. I'm interested in Japanese-made games, anime style is cool.

I understand it may be a tall order so don't be shy with the recommendations. Appreciate any help I can get.

Last edited:

WellSheet

Hey guys. I game mainly on PC nowadays. It's mostly where I play PC exclusives and third-party games and games for GP. My X1X is my go to for third party games I want to play on a bigger screen or where I don't care about framerate so much.

My PS4 library consists mainly of exclusives. However I know a lot of you game solely on PS4 and so I'd like to know if I'm missing any gems that I can only get on PS4.

So far I already have:

Bloodborne
Death Stranding
Spiderman
Horizon Zero Dawn
God of War
Uncharted 4
Persona 5
Ghost of Tsushima
Gravity Rush 1 and 2
BlazBlue
Second Son
FF7R
Abe's Oddysee

Here's some games that may be mentioned but I already have decided I have no interest in:
Detroit Become Human
Dayz Gone
The Order 1886

I'm interested in getting maybe some RPGs, action hack and slash games. Absolutely no first person shooters as I will only play those on an Xbox controller or M&KB. Just personal preference. I'm interested in Japanese-made games, anime style is cool.

I understand it may be a tall order so don't be shy with the recommendations. Appreciate any help I can get.

Ni No Kuni 1/2 are great games!
Nioh 1-2 also!

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
912RxcMdr%2BL._AC_SX425_.jpg

Nickolaidas

So far I already have:

Bloodborne
Death Stranding
Spiderman
Horizon Zero Dawn
God of War
Uncharted 4
Persona 5
Ghost of Tsushima
Gravity Rush 1 and 2
BlazBlue
Second Son
FF7R
Abe's Oddysee

Detroit Become Human
Dayz Gone
The Order 1886

Hatoful Boyfriend.

Jtibh

Banned

So far I already have:

Bloodborne
Death Stranding
Spiderman
Horizon Zero Dawn
God of War
Uncharted 4
Persona 5
Ghost of Tsushima
Gravity Rush 1 and 2
BlazBlue
Second Son
FF7R
Abe's Oddysee

Detroit Become Human
Dayz Gone
The Order 1886

Nananah

Days gone is a must buy.
Not ps4 only but i do recommend a plagues tale.

Abear21

Banned
I loved Detroit and think it’s one of the best games this gen. Yes, it’s a qte fest, but it delivers on branching story and choices affecting it and the pinnacle of that genre so far. I just finished my second play through and didn’t delete it yet!

But yeah, TLOU2 is the correct answer.

Abear21

Banned
Darkest Dungeon.

I’m not a huge fan of this genre, but this game has so much going on with roster management and upgrading your Estate it’s addictive...and difficult. If you like strategy games at all it is a must play.

manfestival

Since we postin for postin sake then lets make some postin of them games

For you plebs

mobile-suit-gundam-extreme-vs-maxiboost-on-english-subs-619613.1.jpg

Dragons-Crown-Pro

Yes technically this has been on ps3 and vita as well but its still great for the ps4

80784b5d1a503b4a4abe19fcddeb7164.jpg

This game has more democracy than one could ever ask but but then you never stop wanting all the democracy it gives you.

Fall Guys
Its free this month and it is a nice game to play for like 1 hour every now and then. JUST DO IT
maxresdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Also how do you not have Ratchet and Clank? It is the game of the movie of the GAME! Stop what you are doing and buy this game movie game!

Jigsaah

Gold Member
I'll look up some gameplay, thanks for the tip
Ni No Kuni 1/2 are great games!
Nioh 1-2 also!
I would probably play Nioh on the PC. I did try it on PS4. I think the inventory just got to be too much of a hassle. I wonder if Nioh 2 addressed this at all.
I do remember Journey being well received. I could probably get it cheap too.
81Pi7VZTkiL._SX385_.jpg
mcq5aPrnYxMTFJ_6k-6Jx1w.jpg
battle-garegga-rev-2016-retail-standard-edition-limited-run-games-ps4-cover-limitedgamenews.com_.jpg

(left to right: ESP rade, Ketsui Deathtiny, and Battle Garegga)

They are the Mercedes-Benz, the Cadillac, the Maserati of shmup ports.
Never really thought of Shoot em ups but yea, I'm game. Last one I played was Ikaruga. Excellent game. Thank you for the recs.
Resogun, Nex Machina
I do own Resogun...crap I'm terrible at remembering how many games I have. What's Nex Machina like?
The Last Guardian is a wonderful game. Don’t let anyone tell you different.

And TLOU2 is an incredible achievement, no matter what some people say.
I will say, and I'm not proud of this...I never played SotC. The world looked really empty even though the boss battles looked insane. I will consider both the remastered SotC and TLG. Thank you.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
manfestival manfestival does that version of the Gundam game have local split screen? I skipped on the last one because it omitted it. Excellent series. I've loved it since I played it on a pair of arcade cabinets a few years ago.

Never really thought of Shoot em ups but yea, I'm game. Last one I played was Ikaruga. Excellent game. Thank you for the recs.
PS4 has a pretty broad selection of shmups if these don't pique your interest. Happy hunting.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
i know its on Xbox too but have you played Nier: Automata?

If not... please do!
FUCK, I fail. I do own Nier: Automata on both Ps4 and Xbox. Played and beat all the way to the "true(?) ending. Updated OP

Last edited:

manfestival

manfestival manfestival does that version of the Gundam game have local split screen? I skipped on the last one because it omitted it. Excellent series. I've loved it since I played it on a pair of arcade cabinets a few years ago.
I have not attempted to play it local. Though I would not be surprised if it was. I have played it single and multiplayer.
Ratchet and Clank for Ps4? Wasn't there 2 of them? Somehow I remember there being 2 this gen. manfestival manfestival
Just the one on ps4 unfortunately. They have been busy making other titles this generations which makes it justifiable. I mean we got spiderman after all.

I'll look up some gameplay, thanks for the tip

I would probably play Nioh on the PC. I did try it on PS4. I think the inventory just got to be too much of a hassle. I wonder if Nioh 2 addressed this at all.

I do remember Journey being well received. I could probably get it cheap too.

I do own Resogun...crap I'm terrible at remembering how many games I have. What's Nex Machina like?

I will say, and I'm not proud of this...I never played SotC. The world looked really empty even though the boss battles looked insane. I will consider both the remastered SotC and TLG. Thank you.
OP, seriously go and play Journey. It's a life changing expierience.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
Ok I think I got a good lineup so far.

top picks from the crowd so far are (in no particular order)
Ratchet and Clank
The Last Guardian
Guilty Gear - love blazblue, I know BB is based on GG as far as fighting style
Journey
Uncharted 4 lost legacy later on, still haven't beat UC4 but ill keep this in mind.
Infamous First Light - still haven't finish Second Son. Thanks Vawn Vawn
Judgement - because it seems to be a fresh story in the Yakuza universe. Figure it would be a decent place to start.

Some Obscure mentions that literally just have me curious because of WHO mentioned it
Odin Sphere - Thank you Danjin44 Danjin44
The SHmups - DunDunDunpachi DunDunDunpachi
SotC - Dual credit to Birdo Birdo and FunkMiller FunkMiller

Last edited:
Top Bottom