• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What "Must Play" games am I missing from my PS4 Library?

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Do people still play online? I got PS+ for a year recently for like $30 so I wanted to put it to some use.
I wouldn't know, but I imagine you can still find matches. Rev2 is three years old but the Guilty Gear fanbase is pretty stoic. They watched BlazBlue get all the attention for a full generation before Xrd came out.

MrJTeera

The best Uncharted? Lost Legacy.
J9cl5y.gif

Jigsaah

Gold Member
Ooooh, 2 for Gundam huh? Okay Ok...I see it's like arena fighting game? Like Virtual On, but not made in 1990.

Tenaciousmo

Knack 1 & 2 are great if you have a friend to play with. or alone.

otherwise I Haven't seen much Killzone Shadow Fall in this thread and still is quite enjoyable and beautifull.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Another one I would recommend is Fist of the North Star Lost Paradise.
465739-fist-of-the-north-star-lost-paradise-playstation-4-front-cover.png

FortunateSingleBorer-size_restricted.gif
b8a.gif

If you like Yakuza series or Fist of the North Star series or even both this game is great. Even if you never read/watch Fist of the North Star stuff you can still follow the core story, this is much more of Yakuza team's take on the series rather than try be faithful adaptation.

Last edited:
Hey guys. I game mainly on PC nowadays. It's mostly where I play PC exclusives and third-party games and games for GP. My X1X is my go to for third party games I want to play on a bigger screen or where I don't care about framerate so much.

My PS4 library consists mainly of exclusives. However I know a lot of you game solely on PS4 and so I'd like to know if I'm missing any gems that I can only get on PS4.

So far I already have:

Bloodborne
Death Stranding
Spiderman
Horizon Zero Dawn
God of War
Uncharted 4
Persona 5
Ghost of Tsushima
Gravity Rush 1 and 2
BlazBlue
Second Son
FF7R
FFXIV (on PC now...originally on PS3 then PS4)
Abe's Oddysee
EDIT: TLOU2. Can't believe I forgot this one.
Fuck I really shouldn't do this thread while at work. I also have Nier: Automata.

Here's some games that may be mentioned but I already have decided I have no interest in:
Detroit Become Human
Dayz Gone
The Order 1886
Street Fighter V (Tekken is mo' better)

I'm interested in getting maybe some RPGs, action hack and slash games. Absolutely no first person shooters as I will only play those on an Xbox controller or M&KB. Just personal preference. I'm interested in Japanese-made games, anime style is cool.

I understand it may be a tall order so don't be shy with the recommendations. Appreciate any help I can get.
The Last Guardian, Shadow of the Colossus, Last of Us 2 (and 1 if you haven't played), Until Dawn, Dragon's Crown Remastered.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
OP, the multiplayer of TLOU 1 Remastered isn't listed.

I don't know what it is about it, but it's fantastic.
The Last Guardian, Shadow of the Colossus, Last of Us 2 (and 1 if you haven't played), Until Dawn, Dragon's Crown Remastered.

Thanks guys. I did beat TLOU1 on PS3 and my PS4 was bought with the TLOU1 remastered, which I haven't actually went through again to be honest. Multiple recommendations for SotC, Until Dawn and Dragon's Crown huh? I'll take a look.

manfestival

Thanks guys. I did beat TLOU1 on PS3 and my PS4 was bought with the TLOU1 remastered, which I haven't actually went through again to be honest. Multiple recommendations for SotC, Until Dawn and Dragon's Crown huh? I'll take a look.
There are so many games. SotC is an amazing experience especially if you never played it before but it has been around since ps2. Until Dawn I also give another nod to for being so awesome.

MagnesG

Banned
Just wanna add that some of the recent Yakuza releases (0, Kiwami 1,2) had already arrived on the glorious PC master race, with future installment in place.

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
If you have even a passing interest in rhythm games DJMAX Respect is a must have, and my most played PS4 game by far. Base game has probably over 150 tracks with all the freebies since launch.

I checked the updated summer sale and most of the DLC is currently on offer (at least it is in the EU store).

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
  1. Under Night In-Birth (if you don't have it on anything else)
  2. Future Tone
  3. Dragon's Crown
  4. Nioh 2
  5. Sakura Wars

Last edited by a moderator:

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Do you mean through the Japanese store? I'm searching on the USA and Oz stores but can't see them.

The others are on Japanese / ASIA PSN and physical copies can be imported (none of them are "limited run" only). Sorry, I should've been more specific instead of assuming.

Quick edit: I remember M2 mentioning they plan to bring ESP Rade to the west.

They are worth importing if it's a pain to get them digitally. The amount of options and "widgets" put PC emulators to shame.

Last edited:

truth411

Hey guys. I game mainly on PC nowadays. It's mostly where I play PC exclusives and third-party games and games for GP. My X1X is my go to for third party games I want to play on a bigger screen or where I don't care about framerate so much.

My PS4 library consists mainly of exclusives. However I know a lot of you game solely on PS4 and so I'd like to know if I'm missing any gems that I can only get on PS4.

So far I already have:

Bloodborne
Death Stranding
Spiderman
Horizon Zero Dawn
God of War
Uncharted 4
Persona 5
Ghost of Tsushima
Gravity Rush 1 and 2
BlazBlue
Second Son
FF7R
Abe's Oddysee
Fuck I really shouldn't do this thread while at work. I also have Nier: Automata.

Here's some games that may be mentioned but I already have decided I have no interest in:
Detroit Become Human
Dayz Gone
The Order 1886

I'm interested in getting maybe some RPGs, action hack and slash games. Absolutely no first person shooters as I will only play those on an Xbox controller or M&KB. Just personal preference. I'm interested in Japanese-made games, anime style is cool.

I understand it may be a tall order so don't be shy with the recommendations. Appreciate any help I can get.

RatchetnClank, you'll thank me later.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member

So far I already have:

Bloodborne
Death Stranding
Spiderman
Horizon Zero Dawn
God of War
Uncharted 4
Persona 5
Ghost of Tsushima
Gravity Rush 1 and 2
BlazBlue
Second Son
FF7R
Abe's Oddysee

Detroit Become Human
Dayz Gone
The Order 1886

Thank you thank you... THANK YOU FOR PLAY GRAVITY RUSH SERIES!!! :lollipop_smiling_face_eyes: :lollipop_smiling_face_eyes: :messenger_heart:

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Call of Duty it’s going against a lot of recommendations but I love getting on a killing role in multiplayer and going into campaign for a great solo experience

entremet

See my post a bit above entremet entremet

You can get them on the Japanese PSN store, for sure, but some of them aren't available digitally outside there (yet).
It is pretty easy to setup a JPN account on PSN on PS4?I remember it was a hassle on PS3.

I may just get them physically if that's easier. I prefer digital, but I make exceptions if the situation calls for it.

Last edited:

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
It is pretty easy to setup a JPN account on PSN on PS4?I remember it was a hassle on PS3.

I may just get them physically if that's easier. I prefer digital, but I make exceptions if the situation calls for it.
I prefer physical but I understand people who want digital. The account is pretty easy to set up, yes, and buying digital JPN cards for PSN is also easy. You can buy digital PSN codes so the whole process takes about 30 minutes. A pain in the butt compared to the normal process of buying a game, but if you don't want to wait for shipping, it isn't unbearable.

All that said, if there's a sure bet in gaming, buying a physical copy of a shmup is one of them. You will be able to sell it near / at / above the price you paid if you hang on to it long enough. The game will go out of print and some poor shmup fan in the future will happily pay you for that copy. Espgaluda II Black Label on 360 is only 10 years old, it was widely available in the early years after launch, but now it goes for $130+, easy. Same goes for Dodonpachi Saidaioujou on 360, only 7 years old, and goes for over $200 a copy.

It says it's a PSVR game, but it's actually only optional, it's not mandatory to have PSVR to play.

I love this game.
iuSjvCu.jpg

'The Invisible Hours is a complex murder mystery, in which players freely explore an intricate web of interwoven stories within a sprawling mansion.

Top Bottom